Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Sudden urge to replay the greatest game of this console generation!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Whens the HD port of RE4 out? Feel like giving it a replay myself, Have it on GC and PS2, oh decisions!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's been out for a while, but feedback was less than stellar I believe!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Gamestop just announced on their facebook page that they will be doing black friday deals this Friday 25th November from 8am - 8pm, online only. They did some pretty sweet deals last year so I'll be keeping an eye on the page for the day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mitsuru and Akihiko from Persona 3 added to the Persona 4 fighting game. Art looks great. Mitsuru is drool worthy:

p4u-mitsuru.png

p4u-akihiko.png

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Missed it by a few days but the Gamecube was 10 years old in America on the 18th. Us Europeans had to wait over six months until May to get our hands on it. Wonderful console, made a perfect compliment to the PS2.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Hmm after the replaying the torture that was TI:Dizzy I never want to see another Walking Egg again.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

8BOQS.gif

You know the developer LJN that acclaim used to get around the nintendo limit on NES games released. The one that released the ****ty Acclaim games, a publisher that already made ****ty games. The one company that AVGN fears the most. Guess who the developer of most of those games??..... Rare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

There's a Macross cab in the back of Ian Beale's cafe in Eastenders. A note to be noted. I feel I missed a memo.

Saw a film called Snowtown today that, being set in the mid 1990s, often showed kids playing MegaDrive. They even had a crushed original MD box in the background in one of the kitchen scenes!

Thought it was a nice, nostalgic detail amongst the sexual abuse, torture, molestation, serial killing and general Australian PAL grimness of the film.

Who remembers Ulysses 31?

How amazing is this live action version of the intro? VERY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

DinoRex wrote: »
    Who remembers Ulysses 31?

How amazing is this live action version of the intro? VERY!

Sacrilege!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I used to watch this every day after school. Awesome cartoon, absolutely bowel-shatteringly thunderous theme tune to boot. What more could you ask for?

Yer man still looks like Barry Gibb from the Bee Gees though. Live action or no live action.

Barry%20Gibb2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ulysses 31 was absolutely brilliant. My own favourite sci fi cartoon from the 80s was Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors.

One of the greatest songs of all time, not just theme tunes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Lads lets not give our ages away ffs

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Please, we all know you're all old!

In other news, I picked up NFS Hot Pursuit today and my god is it fun! You can pick it up for around €15 and it's well worth it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I would say that Ulysses 31 was a really mental concept, turning the classical voyages of Odysseus and changing them to a sci-fi setting, mad as a bag of frogs.

On a funny note, I knew a family who had a young fella from foreign parts living with them, at the time the cartoon was out, and apparently No-no, the name of the irritating robotic comic relief, is also slang for a persons willy, in Urdu...
    So, now you know!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Some news on Endgadget for retro gamers, a new consolized MVS and it's a work of art!
    analogue interactive
    It's gorgeous, designed like an AES but used the cheaper MVS.
    $699 is a lot, but it is crafted out of ash, or walnut if you prefer!
    Matching controller is another $200, sure in for a penny in for a pound!

Oh, and it turns out that Skyrim has, pretty much, the entire landmass of Tamriel coded in, including the landmasses from Morrowind and Oblivion.
    According to the link,
    entire-tamriel-landmass-built-into-skyrim
    it could be a precursor to some serious DLC on the cards.
    Imagine, not just the hours of gameplay in Skyrim, but that you also have Morrowind and Oblivion to play through?
    Could be epic!

That AES is sexual!

Its not an AES!
    It's an MVS in disguise!

Oh, just spent the last 30mins lmao at this
    Lonely Island

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

On a funny note, I knew a family who had a young fella from foreign parts living with them, at the time the cartoon was out, and apparently No-no, the name of the irritating robotic comic relief, is also slang for a persons willy, in Urdu...
    So, now you No-no!

Fixed your post.:)

Its not an AES!
    It's an MVS in disguise!

Oh, just spent the last 30mins lmao at this
    Lonely Island

I've been fooled!

Ras trent, ****ing love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

$200 is actually almost decent for a stick made of hardwood with full arcade parts.

I say "almost" because it has no PCB, so ideally I'd want that dropped to around $150.

I'm sure you can negotiate when you put in your order, K.O.kiki, or rather Mr.Moneybags!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Some news on Endgadget for retro gamers, a new consolized MVS and it's a work of art!
    analogue interactive

Those look gorgeous !! Pricey but gorgeous..

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Looks lovely alright, but as the others have said, too expensive.

For $800 you could almost get a cab with an mvs 1 slot in it.

You could also get a real AES, two real Neo Geo sticks and an MVS cart converter..and probably have change to spare.

• Advertisement

analogue interactive

heh heh heh... wood...

pj74nqs8.jpg

Oh and I'm over 70 hours into Skyrim so far.... I should probably think about pushing through and finishing the main quest...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement