Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

SdoowSirhc wrote: »
    lol
    no.
    Im not making a game:rolleyes: although I want to go into Game design when I finish school:p
    Im just doing a few character designs
    I want aa unexpected weapon for him>>>for the forest version of this character he has a warhammer made from a deer leg(inspired from bear gryllss when he used one as a walking stick)

Im doing several forms of the same druid/mage such as forest,water and air

even though i am not really happy with the drawing style i used. Its way too cartoony
    Its ok I finished it:) just gave him an ocarina made of a turtle shell that can call star fish to his aid!:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Steve SI wrote: »
    Didn't know you had an iCade as well. What do you make of it?

Nope, since I picked up my cheap as chips Touchpad I have been scouring the interweb for information and one of the titbits is the fact that it fits neatly into the iCade case and works well with Tue controllers, just lacks a good version of Mame to run on it.
    Hence the need for Honeycomb or Ice Cream Sandwich to be ported. Gingerbread is incoming anyhow. Then we will have access to the Android Market and the Mame app therein. Awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well then just catch the proverbial box and **** it out the window. Heres a few off the top of my head sure. Nunchaku made from lobster claws or crab claws. A rapier made from a swordfishes head. Double edged spear with fin or something on the ends. Shuriken from shark teeth. Sword and shield made from shell and rock. Just a few things there that might work

Depends on the character what weapon will suit them. If its a tank character you cant have a small weapon and vice versa.

Well then just catch the proverbial box and **** it out the window. Heres a few off the top of my head sure. Nunchaku made from lobster claws or crab claws. A rapier made from a swordfishes head. Double edged spear with fin or something on the ends. Shuriken from shark teeth. Sword and shield made from shell and rock. Just a few things there that might work

Depends on the character what weapon will suit them. If its a tank character you cant have a small weapon and vice versa.
    Its a Druid?catfish dude...
    I think a staff would be enough really but you have awesome ideas:eek:

You didnt mention the druid part when i started writing the post. no problem though. Post a pic of it, kinda keen to see it now

• Advertisement

You didnt mention the druid part when i started writing the post. no problem though. Post a pic of it, kinda keen to see it now

Oh god :P
    I wont have time to do it tonight ! have to practice drawing muskets and blunderbuss's/blunderbusses/blunderbi(?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Feck the HP Touchpad, I awoke to find this lovely delivery note in my inbox this morning! :)
    Dear Mr. Sof T. Nutts,

Thank you for shopping with YesAsia.com, the No.1 Online Asian Entertainment Store. Your order (Order Number: 1234567) was successfully shipped on [Aug 24,2011], and you should be receiving it shortly. Thank you again for shopping with us, and we look forward to serving you in the near future.

Items in this Shipment:

Darius Burst (Japan Version)

I've just had an accident in my pantalons. Hurry up An Post!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Nope, since I picked up my cheap as chips Touchpad I have been scouring the interweb for information and one of the titbits is the fact that it fits neatly into the iCade case and works well with Tue controllers, just lacks a good version of Mame to run on it.
    Hence the need for Honeycomb or Ice Cream Sandwich to be ported. Gingerbread is incoming anyhow. Then we will have access to the Android Market and the Mame app therein. Awesome!

Gonna see if i can get my hands on a touchpad this weekend if they are still around and going cheap.

Steve SI wrote: »
    Gonna see if i can get my hands on a touchpad this weekend if they are still around and going cheap.

I'd wait until it all calms down. People appear to be boiling their bottoms thinking the world is about to end yet, just like the iPad 2, give it a few weeks and more stock will arrive.

Granted it'll have to end at some point as it's not in production any more, but you will get one. Spend the weekend polishing your lovely new arcade cabinet instead, that's what I'd rather do you lucky little thing! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just saw this and it's, well, great...

Spent an hour or so on Fable 2 last night, having quit playing it many many moons ago, when it was still new!
    Combat is very simplistic but it is a lovely looking game and a lot of fun, not far off the end it seems.

Just ordered the "rare" edition of Super Meat Boy, I already have it on steam but such a great game I wanted a physical copy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Just ordered the "rare" edition of Super Meat Boy, I already have it on steam but such a great game I wanted a physical copy

Ha, snap.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    06.jpg

Pussy!
    A police armoured water cannon!
    159980.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Spent an hour or so on Fable 2 last night, having quit playing it many many moons ago, when it was still new!
    Combat is very simplistic but it is a lovely looking game and a lot of fun, not far off the end it seems.

I really liked Fable 2 when I played it, and I hated the first. It's light and a bit all over the place, but it works.

Shame I have heard pretty much nothing positive about the third! There was definite room for improvement, but Mr. Molyneux shat his pants in his continued, futile search for 'accessibility'.

Really want to get the new Deus Ex, never played the first 2 though. Anyone know if I could get away with jumping straight into the new one without playing the old ones or will a lot of it be lost on me?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Really want to get the new Deus Ex, never played the first 2 though. Anyone know if I could get away with jumping straight into the new one without playing the old ones or will a lot of it be lost on me?

Just play the first, it still plays remarkably well.

Personally, I'm going to wait a while and see if the pre-release hysteria for Human Revolution relaxes into something more considered. Hopefully the game will be cheaper then too :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I still can't get used to this thread. Every time I see the title, this bursts into my head

Makes me think of this:

6n4f4ku7f8o38f3k.jpg

I think there's a more subliminal message hidden in there:

Cidey trying to brainwash us heathens?

• Advertisement

Now now I got reported, to myself, over god comments in the old thread, as we are calling it now.
    On a brighter note my phone is known as Godless Heathen to those connecting via Bluetooth.
    Best line in Young Guns, FACT!

Trying to track down another HP Touchpad for Kerbdog, no dice. It's like finding a Streets of Rage fan with taste, impossible!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,800 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Shame I have heard pretty much nothing positive about the third! There was definite room for improvement, but Mr. Molyneux shat his pants in his continued, futile search for 'accessibility'.

I think what annoyed people about Fable 3 is that you think you have loads of time to go back to do a load of the side quests and then the game pulls a dck move on you unexpectedly and introduces a point of no return. When I used to listen to those knobends on giantbombcast they loved it one week and the next week they were raving about how much they hated it once they reached this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

The Fable series is going backwards.

First they gutted armor in the second one and then magic was screwed over in the 3rd one.

It's still a fun in enough dungeon crawler by times though.

I think what annoyed people about Fable 3 is that you think you have loads of time to go back to do a load of the side quests and then the game pulls a dck move on you unexpectedly and introduces a point of no return. When I used to listen to those knobends on giantbombcast they loved it one week and the next week they were raving about how much they hated it once they reached this point.

Yeah the 'king' bits seems to be when the game jumps the shark. Attracted some serious critical ire.

Oh, posted this over in games, but may be of interest to some of ye: SMT: Strange Journey for just over a tenner on play-asia. Of course their low, low prices got me and I threw in a copy of 9 Hours, 9 Doors... too. Bastards.

My cousin just turned 4 last week and he's after playing story mode on SC4 with Lizardman and beat it in less than 5 minutes:eek:
    They grow up so fast lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

I think there's a more subliminal message hidden in there:

Cidey trying to brainwash us heathens?

My guess would be that he is putting another Red Dwarfish reference into the forum *

The gestalt entity that is Grant Naylor created Radio Shows B.D (Before Dwarf)

The First was Cliche and the follow up was ............

Son of Cliche

*Probably miles off but who gives a smeg:D

I actually think Back to Earth has soured my opinion of Red Dwarf for ever. It would explain why I burst into tears everytime its mentioned.

*hugs copy of Hitchhikers Guide* There, there, HHGTTG, you'll never desert me, will you?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0371724/

FFFUUUUUUUU.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Oh and btw id like to see a Name change for this thread

To

The Mostly Harmless General Retro Discussion :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,800 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Oh, posted this over in games, but may be of interest to some of ye: SMT: Strange Journey for just over a tenner on play-asia. Of course their low, low prices got me and I threw in a copy of 9 Hours, 9 Doors... too. Bastards.

Still not played it or the etrian odyssey games. Kat Bailey was praising it so you know it's really good!

• Advertisement

Still not played it or the etrian odyssey games. Kat Bailey was praising it so you know it's really good!

Which, 9 Hours? It sounds curious enough to risk it despite some mixed reviews. Sure, need something to play on my 3DS anyway ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement