Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,774 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Was talking about SMT. As for 9 hours, mixed reviews? Anyone I've heard talk about it absolutely loved it. It's supposedly one of the best written interactice novels, it's a pity the writers other work hasn't made it over because I heard great things about it as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,078 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah, have been meaning to play SMT for ages too. Perhaps the naffest cover art in years!

The mixed 9 Hours... reviews were from Edge (who put it on a level with Gunstar Heroes) and Eurogamer. Trustworthy enough for you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Anyone ever play Battle for Wesnoth?

http://www.wesnoth.org/

I have it on the iPhone and it's one of the closest things to Shining Force I've ever played.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

DinoRex wrote: »

I have it on the iPhone and it's one of the closest things to Shining Force I've ever played.
    What's it like? I'm too lazy to open the link on my iPod :Z

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,774 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah, have been meaning to play SMT for ages too. Perhaps the naffest cover art in years!

I think the suits look great but only in the context of the game. I thought they were robots when I first saw it. For a game with such amazing art it's weird they went with such a bad cover.
    The mixed 9 Hours... reviews were from Edge (who put it on a level with Gunstar Heroes) and Eurogamer. Trustworthy enough for you :P

Explains a lot. Was there too much text and intelligent puzzles for the mongo's at Edge or did they lose their thesaurus that week?

You had me at shining force. I need an ipod :(

• Advertisement

Oh good fun. Huge amount of levels in it too.

Haven't tried multiplayer in it yet. Must try installing the home version now.

Oh good fun. Huge amount of levels in it too.

Haven't tried multiplayer in it yet. Must try installing the home version now.
    Is it like a medieval theme? Are there any rts games on iPhone similar to Rise of Nations? I used to love that game

You could give Final Fantasy Tactics a whirl. Be warned, it's a very tough game.

Well standard fantasy theme... There's all wizards and elves up in that sh*t!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You could give Final Fantasy Tactics a whirl. Be warned, it's a very tough game.

I got it and only played a little... I'm am not a fan of how clunky it plays on the iPhone.

Wesnoth is really smooth and has a lovely interface on the other hand.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,078 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There was uproar a few weeks ago about the price of FF Tactics on the IPhone. It's selling for 12.99. Which isn't bad for a game that size, but almost unheard of for the app store, especially for a port. Sets a precedent in any case.

Well standard fantasy theme... There's all wizards and elves up in that sh*t!
    I usually would enjoy that theme but I want a more realistic period rts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Anyone who is looking to kill a couple of days should get Ghost Trick for the Ds

Its one of the best think em ups ive ever played

There was uproar a few weeks ago about the price of FF Tactics on the IPhone. It's selling for 12.99. Which isn't bad for a game that size, but almost unheard of for the app store, especially for a port. Sets a precedent in any case.
    That's ridiculous for that game :/

All the Square games for iOS are in that sort of price range.

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Anyone who is looking to kill a couple of days should get Ghost Trick for the Ds

Think em up? No thanks :P anyway I'm busy with pokemon platnium. Anyone have any lvling up advice?

All the Square games for iOS are in that sort of price range.
    Yeah and I havnt enjoyed any of them really

For the amount of game in FF Tactics and the sheer quality of it 13 euro really isn't considering the price of the same game on the PSP. I can see how the interface would be annoying though. It's a game were one little mistake and you are screwed so a not very precise touch pad is not the best input device.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    For the amount of game in FF Tactics and the sheer quality of it 13 euro really isn't considering the price of the same game on the PSP. I can see how the interface would be annoying though. It's a game were one little mistake and you are screwed so a not very precise touch pad is not the best input device.
    I find the iPhone hard for anything but dual stick and simple ganes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Do any of you guys have a Hyper Neo Geo 64 setup going on? If so, would you happen to know if Beast Busters 2 plays near as awesome as it looks?

• Advertisement

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQDeN7E4amroT2RQD92wokBcNz9Umu1mN59XLHFNEhOc9mkrr5sQ

SdoowSirhc wrote: »
    Long live our honourable chairman Mao Meow:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I find the iPhone hard for anything but dual stick and simple ganes

The iPhone feels like it was made for Cave shmups

Why don't we vote for a cat for the Aras?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Been looking for that game but every time I see it the bloody thing is going for mad money:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭megaten

Seconding this. As a single title I'd rate it above any of the phoenix wright games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There was a kids tv show not so long ago.featuring a gentle, stop motion animation about a rural cottage, the guy in it had a cat called Mousey Tongue!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

The idea of using the Wii-U's pad as an arcade stick is kinda interesting, no? There can be a joystick add-on, maybe.

http://www.1up.com/features/11-wii-games-we-will-definitely-see?pager.offset=2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭megaten

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    The idea of using the Wii-U's pad as an arcade stick is kinda interesting, no? There can be a joystick add-on, maybe.

http://www.1up.com/features/11-wii-games-we-will-definitely-see?pager.offset=2

Doubtful since it's currently a single touch screen.

• Advertisement

If it hasn't got a microswitch clicky joystick and super sensitive sanwa buttons then it's not good enough as an arcade stick for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement