Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just put in an offer on Kula Quest (Kula World to us not in Japan) on ebay. Hurray for having money but money that I should not be spending on games!

How much is it costing you?
    I'm thinking of liquidating my copy of Kula World, a PAL version and might have a scout about for a current market value.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    How much is it costing you?
    I'm thinking of liquidating my copy of Kula World, a PAL version and might have a scout about for a current market value.

About €18 deliverd from Japan, but threw in an offer and hopefully I'll get it for about €15 delivered. Jap ones are considerably cheaper than PAL ones for some reason, even though there's only 2 Jap copies on ebay.
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Rub it in :'( I haven't the money for Dark Souls. And to think I was probably the first person on this board to sing the virtues of Demon's Souls. It's not fair!

Well I'm unemployed again so livin' off pocket money, oh yeah! :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

US copies are cheap enough too, it's called Roll Away over there.

Example

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Nope, I am not an Apple evangelist at all, but the better half is and she wants one, not for games or browsing but for some other interesting functions.
    She is going to use it as part of a treatment and management programme to assist people on the autistic spectrum, as it happens!
    My wife is quite, quite brilliant, and ASD is one of her areas of expertise, along with the management of disturbed and self-injurious behaviour in people with an ID.
    I do sometimes feel a tad out of my depth in conversation with her!

That's actually cool. I read a bit about the work been done with autistic kids using the iPad and it seems to be a fantastic tool for them.

Some kids are using it as a tool for communication where there was little or none before. But I think you know more about that sort of thing than me.

Anyway, best of luck with it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

retr0gamer wrote:
    Rub it in :'( I haven't the money for Dark Souls. And to think I was probably the first person on this board to sing the virtues of Demon's Souls. It's not fair!

Even as an incomeless student Im not letting Dark Souls pass by, especially that pretty special edition.

Ill make sure to rub it in when (if?) an post deliver that glorious package :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've a hotel to book this week, a friend of mine is sending over stuff from the states I have to pay for and forgot about seeing dylan moran this friday, couldn't have come at a worse time. At least I have Gamestop in Balbriggan so I can run down there first thing next tuesday and buy it courtesy of Fine Gael :)

Had to go to the social welfare this morning today too, bleh :(

Anyone want to give me a job? I'll trade ya a megadrive for it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Had to go to the social welfare this morning today too, bleh :(

I'm tempted....how do you feel about working with knives and dead animals?

It's my area of expertise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Hello Retr0gamer and Sera...

• Advertisement

Damn, the only other people on the forum and ye ignore me, now I look stupid, thanx

batari wrote: »

I'm sorry, they're not here at the moment, can I take a message?

*sigh* the things I do for money....:(

Well if they're both logged in, but not replying, what could they be doing? Oh wait a minute... ewwwww

Eww, while logged on and all for all the internet to see. Have you no shame?!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Are you willing to work for free? It can be one of those 'bridge' jobs. You can put it on your CV.

I'm kind of sick of pressing my spacebar in work. My thumbs are getting tired. There are far greater uses I can be putting them to. Like giving people a thumbs up for doing an excellent job.

Let me know if you're interested.

By the way, I have about 100wpm typing speed. So you'll probably be pressing the spacebar about 1 time every half a second. So you'll have to sign an RSI disclaimer.

Yeah defo! But this is me:

memes-type-all-the-keys-with-the-index-fingers.jpg

Master of the Universe

I need something more like this. Play more House of the Dead ;)

Alterazioni_%20Video_learn_how_to_type_fast_fastest_typist_typing.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well if they're both logged in, but not replying, what could they be doing? Oh wait a minute... ewwwww

Hard to do when you're at different ends of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Damn, the only other people on the forum and ye ignore me, now I look stupid, thanx
    sorry I'm busy kthx

Master of the Universe

vlcsnap-3064075.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Cheers for the warning, not going near that video! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Master of the Universe

My girlfriend brought a load of our videogame hama bead art into her school to let the kids have a look. I think they're about 7 or 8. They knew them all. Even feckin Nyan cat. One of them said 'oh, they're like 8 bit'. :confused:

Anyway, so she decided to let them have a go themselves.

First attempts. I am seriously impressed. I want to find whichever kid did that Pikachu and adopt him.

299278_10150472832354838_503414837_11056591_140069582_n.jpg

Would it be unethical to turn them into a bead sprite factory? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Yes but do it anyway :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

After 5 years of studiously avoiding them, finally broke and popped into one of the UCD Gamesocs gaming nights there yesterday. Walked in the door and was immediately presented with:

COD Session going full pelt
    Two laptops up with minecraft
    An XKCD t-shirt
    Some manga
    A conversation about Deus Ex
    A conversation about the development of the Persona Games

I then introduced myself to some guy, a conversation immediately punctuated by his phone going off...

With the metal gear solid ''Brrr Brrr'' ringtone.

Literally exactly as expected but more so :p

Ah so your girlfriend was the nice lady who let us play with hama beads!

I mean err, I'm not 7 or 8

>.>

<.<

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Ah so your girlfriend was the nice lady who let us play with hama beads!

I mean err, I'm not 7 or 8

>.>

<.<

Hah imagine that, o1s1n adopts atavan! Wonder what sort of mayhem you'd get up to when he's out at work.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Hah imagine that, o1s1n adopts atavan! Wonder what sort of mayhem you'd get up to when he's out at work.

I'd scratch his games, throw out megadrive boxes, put all the games in the wrong boxes, get food everywhere. You know, the ususal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

o1s1n wrote: »
    My girlfriend brought a load of our videogame hama bead art into her school
    for ages saying "gonna get them now" since I saw them on here and forgot all about it til I saw some in Debnums so got some online, trying to make some simple stuff first though.
    It's sad how excited I am about it
    Andrew76 wrote: »
    I'd scratch his games, throw out megadrive boxes, put all the games in the wrong boxes, get food everywhere. You know, the ususal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I'd sniff his games

FYP. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement