Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Well console wise, it looked something like this : NES, Atari 2600, Mega Drive, Saturn, original Game Boy, GBA, N64, Playstation, PSOne and PS2 (original 'fat' version).

Think that covers it. Yeah, I'm ashamed of myself too. So I'm trying to build my collection up again. The main battle is winning over my girlfriend, she humours me for the most part and lets me away with it, but I've noticed eyebrows being raised with the amount of retro stuff I'm starting to bring home :D

EDIT : Oh, and an issue 2 Speccy.

I feel your pain brother, just get a big jacket so you can sneak stuff into the house

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

pdbhp wrote: »
    I feel your pain brother, just get a big jacket so you can sneak stuff into the house

However, if I bring home Zelda related goodies, all is well in my household.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A Gba and a Gamecube will have most of the Zelda you need, OoT, MM, LA, LttP and the gba remasters of the Nes games.
    The Zelda promotional disk on the Gamecube is hard to find but gold dust to the Zelda fan and the Gba hosts a grand version of the Snes' Link to the Past.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

The main battle is winning over my girlfriend, she humours me for the most part and lets me away with it, but I've noticed eyebrows being raised with the amount of retro stuff I'm starting to bring home
    4d7c4c9b4651f8ddc52d298ab955119520110725-22047-1tjjwt.jpg?1311574005

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    A Gba and a Gamecube will have most of the Zelda you need, OoT, MM, LA, LttP and the gba remasters of the Nes games.
    The Zelda promotional disk on the Gamecube is hard to find but gold dust to the Zelda fan and the Gba hosts a grand version of the Snes' Link to the Past.

I have a cunning plan, seeing as I bought her a Wii in the past.

November 18 : Skyward Sword is released. Buy said game. Take said game home for girlfriend. Said girlfriend will ignore fact I also bought a Dreamcast, N64 and Mega Drive. Hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Consider this my 'hello' post, as I've been ghosting here for a while but never posted.

And now a question, if I may: I've never played, let alone owned a Dreamcast. Is it worth me picking one up?

Don't even attempt to post here ever again until you own one.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Don't even attempt to post here ever again until you own one.
    Yeah.Its like being a regular for ages without having a NES

>_>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Mega Chin wrote: »
    Yeah.Its like being a regular for ages without having a NES

>_>

INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Nes' are too common. It's now cool to not have one :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Neo Geo pocket is where it's at.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Neo Geo pocket is where it's at.

It's a bit last season. I hear the game.com is so in right now.

Soon we'll be back to the Jag

Mega Chin wrote: »
    Soon we'll be back to the Jag

yeah with those amazing games like Tempest 2000 and ........................................
    ..............................................................................
    ..................................................................................................................
    ..................................................................................................................
    ..................................................Mutant Pengiuns?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yeah, the Nes, Neo Geo Pocket Color and Einhander, certainly the things to have.
    I would also reccommend Harmful Park, I can play it but don't own it, if you know what I mean! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Any idea what its worth lads? Last time I checked I think it was €30/€40ish, is it still around that yeah?

Also, has anyone here ever had a hands on go of Onlive? I was looking at recent videos of it yesterday & it seems a bit too good to be true. Whats the catch with it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

whats the promotional disk? I have a zelda disc for my gamecube lying around somewhere didnt know it was worth that kinda money.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

keithgeo wrote: »
    whats the promotional disk? I have a zelda disc for my gamecube lying around somewhere didnt know it was worth that kinda money.

There's two:

One is the Ocarina of Time / Master Quest disc that came with bundled copies of Gamecube / Wind Waker.

Second, and more sought after, is one that contains OoT / Master Quest / Majoras Mask / Zelda NES / Zelda 2 NES plus a few extras (Wind Waker demo amongst them). Linky.

EnterNow wrote: »
    Any idea what its worth lads? Last time I checked I think it was €30/€40ish, is it still around that yeah?

Also, has anyone here ever had a hands on go of Onlive? I was looking at recent videos of it yesterday & it seems a bit too good to be true. Whats the catch with it?

Seems to be that it works really well if you have a decent connection. However what gets my goat is that the games aren't running at their highest settings, just standard settings that anything can run.

Also, i'd be thinking that if the company or whatever goes belly up, you'd just be left with a shiny box.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

You can try Gaikai, a competitor to OnLive, in your browser to get an idea of how it all works: http://www.gaikai.com/#

Tried some of the demos on it a few weeks ago and it worked pretty well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

There's two:

One is the Ocarina of Time / Master Quest disc that came with bundled copies of Gamecube / Wind Waker.

Second, and more sought after, is one that contains OoT / Master Quest / Majoras Mask / Zelda NES / Zelda 2 NES plus a few extras (Wind Waker demo amongst them). Linky.

That's the one I have, should I start planning my retirement? :rolleyes: Joking aside what's it worth realistically?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Anyone know the best way to pick up a Snes compliant psu?

Would maplins or argos have one?

Some wonderful videogame voice acting from the early days of CD based media:

Also found this series of videos! Well worth watching them all:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Anyone know the best way to pick up a Snes compliant psu?

Would maplins or argos have one?

if you can get hold of an NES psu they're basically the same
    Its an AC rather than DC power supply though so a generic one is a bit harder to get than normal

Currently sniping a NGPC on ebay. 10 mins to go and I swear if anyone else here tries to out bid me...

Currently sniping a NGPC on ebay. 10 mins to go and I swear if anyone else here tries to out bid me...

>_>

Nah ill let this one go...............maybe

<_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

Did a bit of a clear out at the weekend and found a (presumably) working PSONE (the mini one). Is it possible to chip one of these and add a harddrive? There's only about 10 playstation games I own, and I'd love to prevent them getting even more scratched and eliminate load times if at all possible.

• Advertisement

Feck, was outbid anyway :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement