Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Oh, on a forced tidy up of the games room.
    Before the vultures circle there are no games or systems for the chop.
    No, only the stack of Edge mags, something I have tried to find a home for before.
    Now, I just want to say they are free to a good home and if you don't live too far away I will deliver them as well, rather than see them end up in the green bin, which is where they are going this week unless a good home is found.
    So, please, do it for the sake of the lovely magazines! There is over 12 years of Edge mags to be had here, not sure if it is as complete as I recall, but there is a lot!
    Thanks.
    I'd be up for rehoming them , I'm in maynooth though ;)

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    :)

Gives me an idea.

What's the biggest stinker in your collection?

Going to have to think about mine!
    I bought Chase HQ on the c64 .Ok so it was a quid , and I bought it mainly for the box and artwork , but its universally regarded as one of the worst C64 games ever..
    ..hmm I smell review ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

Gold/Silver are considered the best so maybe the remakes Heart gold and soul silver would be what you want?

Went for platinum altogether; was rated the highest after black/white. Although picking your pokemon out of a briefcase? SACRILEGE! I'll get PETA on their asses :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

jimi_t2 wrote: »
    Ahhh, can't find the screencap from whoever was playing Pokemon Emerald (I'm guessing Atavan). Having finished White there not so long ago, and having played Red/Blue/Yellow but none of the newer bits, which would be the next best in the series after Black/White? LeafGreen/FireRed or something?!

I'd also suggest getting stuck into HG/SS after platinum. Be warned though, any of the DS games before Black and White can feel a bit outdated and slow, but still great games nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

Gold/Silver are considered the best so maybe the remakes Heart gold and soul silver would be what you want?
    Heart gold is nowhere near as good as the original gold IMO. Try Platnium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

tgx_2011___02_by_shiroang-d49npxf.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,200 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I wonder if they take credit card details? I have one here that's just going to waste whenever I'm not using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

3538bj.jpg

I bought Chase HQ on the c64 .Ok so it was a quid , and I bought it mainly for the box and artwork , but its universally regarded as one of the worst C64 games ever..
    ..hmm I smell review ;)
    I've thrown up a review (and then I threw up)
    Terrible game..
    And what the hell were those two lads up to in that car ?, some of the "talk " makes it look like they were up to something a bit intimate ..and the criminal in the car in front of them was waaay down their list of priorities..

It all goes a bit Cho Aniki the further you get into the game

"More ..push it more.."
    "bear down"
    "harder harder!!"
    "..oh man.."
    chase%20hq.png
    Lemme put it this way ..I dont think those two lads were too interested in Nancy back in HQ

• Advertisement

It all goes a bit Cho Aniki the further you get into the game

chase%20hq.png
    was it like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Gonna fill in for Enternow here

Sera WTF??????????????????????????????????

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Sera WTF??????????????????????????????????
    th_HakaseLaugh.gif
    (^clickable)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Sera wrote: »
    th_HakaseLaugh.gif
    (^clickable)

Fecker ya! 30 seconds in before I realised what was going on. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Can anyone remember the name of that Rally game on the PS1 that had the suicide mode where you drive in the opposite direction around the course to all the other cars? :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,200 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Seppuku Racing?

Hara Kiri World Championships?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Not a rally game but is it Burnout? was that even on the PS. Great game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Some competition to the iCade. Although with just the one button I'm not sure how well it will do.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2011/09/12/invadercade/

But, you know, my iCade looks very lonely on its own and maybe a little brother for it is just what the doctor ordered.

It looks like Japan only at the moment but that's never stopped any of use before :)

keithgeo wrote: »
    Not a rally game but is it Burnout? was that even on the PS. Great game though.
    Nope was definitely a rallly game. Might have been a toca but im not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ondafly

• Advertisement

Thats more like it! Thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,597 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I didn't see that Nintendo conference today, but did come across this Japanese link with games they apparantly announced. Some great looking stuff there -

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/conference2011/titlelist/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    I didn't see that Nintendo conference today, but did come across this Japanese link with games they apparantly announced. Some great looking stuff there -

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/conference2011/titlelist/index.html

Games. Actual games. Bout time. I wonder when we'll see them (the non JP exclusives that is)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,597 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It's weird seeing a game lineup for it.

I've suddenly gone from 'Nintendo! Why don't you want my money?! to '**** Ninendo, don't take so much!!'

I'd say we won't see most of them for another while yet unfortunately. Still, it's given me a bit of that optimism back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

3ds is finally dead in my eyes

Really thought the big announcement was going to be Boulder Dash :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'd be up for rehoming them , I'm in maynooth though ;)

I may be in Maynooth in the next few days, so pm me your details and i'll organise to drop them off, ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

So what did Nintendo actually announce then? The shítty analogue add on that requires 2 x AA batteries (seriously WTF) and some games.

Come on Nintendo fook off and actually release some games instead of talking about them.
    What an abomination that add on circle pad is I've seen turds that look better than that.
    TBH I would have preferred a redesign than that heap of garbage and supposedly you gots to put batteries in it Feck off!!

some nice looking games though but even that hasn't eased my anxiety that it's gonna stink especially with the add on:(

Maybe it's the vita life for me!! and I fúcking hate Sony!!

Rant//

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

pdbhp wrote: »
    So what did Nintendo actually announce then? The shítty analogue add on that requires 2 x AA batteries (seriously WTF) and some games.

Come on Nintendo fook off and actually release some games instead of talking about them.
    What an abomination that add on circle pad is I've seen turds that look better than that.
    TBH I would have preferred a redesign than that heap of garbage and supposedly you gots to put batteries in it Feck off!!

some nice looking games though but even that hasn't eased my anxiety that it's gonna stink especially with the add on:(

Maybe it's the vita life for me!! and I fúcking hate Sony!!

Rant//

Yep, the battery thing just reeks of after-thought. Likely because whichever way it interfaces with the 3DS, the option to draw system power/add to system power just isn't possible.

The games, while warmly welcomed, don't really explain the big hype secret annoucement bs.

Seems to be one balls up after the next...did I I read there's someone new at the helm of Nintendo the last few years or something? Their direction lately is well below the standards (set by themselves!)

And while this is just rumour, it just wouldn't surprise me from Ninty lately - http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Nintendo-Wii-Wii-U-Problems-Delay-Development,news-12486.html
    wrote:
    01net, believed to be quite reliable when it comes to Nintendo rumors, cites a source from within the company that says Nintendo rushed to complete the Wii U and, as a result, the hardware isn't up to the streaming and wireless functionalities that are fundamental to the console. According to 01net, Nintendo has already burned through three prototypes and is on its way to a fourth. Not only that, but developers are dealing with cable tethers between console and controller and are interrupted almost daily with software updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

EnterNow wrote: »
    Yep, the battery thing just reeks of after-thought. Likely because whichever way it interfaces with the 3DS, the option to draw system power/add to system power just isn't possible.

The games, while warmly welcomed, don't really explain the big hype secret annoucement bs.

Seems to be one balls up after the next...did I I read there's someone new at the helm of Nintendo the last few years or something? Their direction lately is well below the standards (set by themselves!)

And while this is just rumour, it just wouldn't surprise me from Ninty lately - http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Nintendo-Wii-Wii-U-Problems-Delay-Development,news-12486.html

Yea the way they were going on about it I fully expected a redesign and not just a shíte add on thats gonna cost €15.

Seems there's something amiss at Nintendo HQ (like brains) which sucks cos Nintendo usually get things right(ish).

Nice games line up and if Monster Hunter 4 is 3DS exclusive then it's in your face Sony.

It remains to be seen how the 3DS is gonna pan out and I for one will not be carting around that hideous looking analogue add on, Jesus it just makes me want to vomit

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,938 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

3DS redesign is pretty much confirmed at this stage. Really can't believe how shoddy the second analogue attachment design is, or figure out why it's actually needed. I'll be waiting for the 3DS lite.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement