Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So Tired!
    Watched Burn Notice:Fall of Sam Axe... it was pants, and played Dead Space 2 until 3 this morning!
    I don't know how you kids do it!
    I seem to remember Mass Effect 2 was played til the same time over a week or two and I never felt this tired.... I think I'm falling apart....

At this rate, in another few years I'll be capable of playing only iOS games, and will need help not to get my mince dinner on the touchscreen!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Good man! For anyone curious, there's a bunch of Zuntata albums available on iTunes now. Taito launched them a week or so ago.

SteveSI, I strongly recommend getting the Zuntata 'Darius Burst Another Chronicle' Live at O East CD/DVD set.

It's not on iTunes and is quite expensive, but very much worth getting. An amazing concert!

I'll check it out and see what the buying/downloading options are. Probably shouldn't be spending to much more this month as I've already gone a bit mental on some choice cuts of retro goodness as well as some new techy bits.

I managed to get work to fork out for a copy of the new Photoshop CS6 so that saved me some expense(or a visit to some torrent sites :o).
    By the way Pyongy, I think you've a DSLR so I assume you shoot in RAW. Photoshop CS6 has some new magic powers when it comes to processing RAW files and its the shiznitz. Almost worth the price of entry for that feature alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Steve SI wrote: »
    I managed to get work to fork out for a copy of the new Photoshop CS6 so that saved me some expense(or a visit to some torrent sites :o)

Well I expect yo see you put it to good use in the meme thread

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Arcade deal on groupon today

Up to 55% Off Credit to Spend at Mr. B's Amusement Arcade
    http://www.groupon.ie/deals/dublin-special/Mr-B-s/6225098?nlp=&CID=IE_CRM_1_0_0_151&a=1768

EnterNow wrote: »
    Well I expect yo see you put it to good use in the meme thread

Haha, I think the rest of you are doing just fine without my help :D

Poor Retr0 :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

DinoRex wrote: »
    This also looks great... a First person horror game where you control a 2 year old:

I wonder what kind of health re-gen mechanic is in this game.......

BITTY?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I shoot RAW+F instead of RAW. I use RAWTherapee for processing then do the rest of the work in GIMP.

I've no need for Photoshop and it's expense presently, though I did nearly buy Lightroom recently, until I discovered the joy of RAWTherapee and it's freeware ways.

Love my Nikon DSLR though. Oddly enough I bought a camera kit backpack from Amazon that arrived today. I also bought a monopod to compliment my tripod, a macro ring light and a new vert grip, two spare batteries and a strober. I'm taking all my gear (DSLR, compact, Zi8, Holga and assorted lomo cameras) to Japan for (hopefully) lots of photos of the Darius cabs in Hey! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Shin Megami Tensei IV announced for 3DS. YES!

Haha, I think the rest of you are doing just fine without my help :D

Poor Retr0 :o

Ah he gets a kick out of it I'm sure, it's just a bit of a laugh. I wonder if Dinorex knows he's been immortalized

I shoot RAW+F instead of RAW. I use RAWTherapee for processing then do the rest of the work in GIMP.

I've no need for Photoshop and it's expense presently, though I did nearly buy Lightroom recently, until I discovered the joy of RAWTherapee and it's freeware ways.

Love my Nikon DSLR though. Oddly enough I bought a camera kit backpack from Amazon that arrived today. I also bought a monopod to compliment my tripod, a macro ring light and a new vert grip, two spare batteries and a strober. I'm taking all my gear (DSLR, compact, Zi8, Holga and assorted lomo cameras) to Japan for (hopefully) lots of photos of the Darius cabs in Hey! :)

Cool, maybe worth downloading the Photoshop trial and seeing how you like it.
    I shoot RAW+F myself, RAW into card one and JPG into card two.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ah he gets a kick out of it I'm sure, it's just a bit of a laugh.

I lost all shame years ago. Now my infamy just gives me an ego boost :P

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I lost all shame years ago. Now my infamy just gives me an ego boost :P

Yeah you're right man. No shame in it at all these days.
    I used to work with a guy who became a transvestite a few years ago and he says he's never felt better about himself.
    Screw those who don't understand, you are who you are Retr0 and we all (mostly) accept you ;)

I used to work with a guy who became a transvestite a few years ago and he says he's never felt better about himself.
    Screw those who don't understand, you are who you are Retr0 and we all (mostly) accept you ;)

:pac:

What's the story with collecting for the Dreamcast when it comes to PAL v NTSC [60hz etc]? I've a region free bios chip installed, so the console boots any region without having to use swap discs/region flasher etc...but am I still restricted by display options like 50hz etc? Or will the games that support 60hz simply display in 60hz?

What's the story with collecting for the Dreamcast when it comes to PAL v NTSC [60hz etc]? I've a region free bios chip installed, so the console boots any region without having to use swap discs/region flasher etc...but am I still restricted by display options like 50hz etc? Or will the games that support 60hz simply display in 60hz?

I thought most/all PAL games had a 60hz option on the DC.
    Was that not a big selling point to those who knew what 60hz was at the time?

I thought most/all PAL games had a 60hz option on the DC.
    Was that not a big selling point to those who knew what 60hz was at the time?

Most do but there's a good few that don't support PAL60.

It's a good question though. I think that all PAL DC's support NTSC. I'd burn a NTSC game and test it first. If you see borders then it's in 50 Hz. Let us know anyway.

I'm not a transvesite, I just enjoy the liberation afforded by a skirt. That and the cooling breeze on my dangly bits. I prefer 'techno-celt' if you please.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,436 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Should I make an offer on this

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/270986130321?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Or this

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/270987291312?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

(You may notice the second has no arms - that's because it's where the mother****ing steel claws came out!!!)

o1s1n wrote: »
    Should I make an offer on this

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/270986130321?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Or this

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/270987291312?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

(You may notice the second has no arms - that's because it's where the mother****ing steel claws came out!!!)

Wow! Are either of them confirmed as screen-used?

Master of the Universe

Ah feck, just after seeing a Jap Aliens versus Predator for the Super Famicom too. I've wanted that ages.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/170850411476?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

At moments like this I always ask myself 'what would Retr0gamer do?'

And then he would echo the following eternal words -

'Well Oisin, I'd suck for it'

:/

• Advertisement

I'd suck for a good game. Alien vs Predator is a piece of ****.

Master of the Universe

Wow! Are either of them confirmed as screen-used?

They are indeed 100% legit. I've had lengthy conversations with these guys about where they source their stuff. They own the following website -

http://www.exclusivepropdisplays.com/

I'm going away next week and seriously havent a penny to spare, but they're really feckin tempting me now. The shirt would look amazing framed across from the Arnie tee.

Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'd suck for a good game. Alien vs Predator is a piece of ****.

Must remember to misquote you next time we're talking about the CPS2 game. :p

It is indeed a piece of ****, but it's a bizarre, rare piece of ****. Which brings it up to being a desirable piece of ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

4b5403625035b3c4fcf4864.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

this will make your mind explode if you ever watched/still watch cartoons

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Well it took 8 years but they finally have the technology to tape a torch to a gun in Doom 3 and it's getting a re-release.

DinoRex wrote: »
    Well it took 8 years but they finally have the technology to tape a torch to a gun in Doom 3 and it's getting a re-release.

Here's a pic of an explosion in Doom 3

stock-footage-standard-definition-animated-countdown-useful-for-intro-sequence.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

GIMP is a pretty nice free alt. to the ridiculously priced photoshop(despite the name...) :cool: what compact are you using? wish i has teh moniez for a DSLR :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,095 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Im actually amazed how excited people are about the Doom 3 re release. Thought it was widely accepted as being a steaming turd. Just goes to show you can slap 1080p and achievments on any piece of crap and it will be lapped up.

• Advertisement

Nope, a lot of people really liked it. When I got around to playing it and finishing it I was surprised that I liked it more than I thought. By that I mean I didn't absolutely hate and found it just a bland passable shooter with boring jump scares.

I bet it's a Ciderman Hall of Famer :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement