Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The Flood care not for oil, only for flesh.... and to p1ss Retr0 off!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Steve SI wrote: »
    Oh Dear :rolleyes:

I've a feeling Bill Gates wished this didn't exist. Quality is awful but its the only version.

Oh poor Bill gates with all his millions of dollars!

I had to do a very sad thing over the weekend. I had to clean out a bunch of my games and put them in storage :( I normally like to keep as many games close to hand as possible but after a few "job lot" purchases it just wasn't possible to have all the games on show and consoles hooked up in the man cave.

Oh poor Steve SI with all his millions of games, and gaming systems!

LeBron-James-Smallest-Violin-Gif.gif

o1s1n wrote: »
    Ah for jaysus sake!!!!!

Software revision 1.04 (2009): Since the licensed use of the boss Spider-Man was for a limited period of time, the game was subsequently prevented from being re-released years later. The 2009 release for the Virtual Console features a new specific software revision (1.04) that omits the Marvel copyright notice and replaces Spider-Man with a pink palette swap of the character that still behaves the same as the licensed Spider-Man.[4] Joe Musashi's design in the title screen was also altered to remove his likeness to Sonny Chiba.

http://rq87.flyingomelette.com/RQ/Shinobi/SS2Ointro.html

Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

waveform wrote: »

Oh poor Steve SI with all his millions of games, and gaming systems!

I know, Right! :)

Edit:
    Seriously though, I'll show you a picture later on my games area and you will feel sorry for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,437 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Welcome to my pain Steve_SI, nice I finally have someone to share it with!

You can be certain that the moment you put something into storage, you'll immediately want to play it.

Then there's the worry of it too. I've this horrible image of me going up to the attic all my stuff is stored in to take it down, only to find it's all disintegrated for some reason!

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,095 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Edit:
    Seriously though, I'll show you a picture later on my games area and you will feel sorry for me.

Today in first world problems:

I certainly don't know how I'd cope with my multiple copies of some of the rarest, most sought after and most expensive games ever made :(

:P

o1s1n wrote: »
    Welcome to my pain Steve_SI, nice I finally have someone to share it with!

You can be certain that the moment you put something into storage, you'll immediately want to play it.

Then there's the worry of it too. I've this horrible image of me going up to the attic all my stuff is stored in to take it down, only to find it's all disintegrated for some reason!

My storage is rented so I do have to check on it from time to time and access is 24 hours 6 days a week(12 Sunday I think). So at least I don't need to wake anyone up to get to the stuff.

But still, I need a bigger house so I can have all this stuff on display and easily accessible. Perhaps I can convince the girlfriend she doesn't need a room dedicated to her Yoga :D

Today in first world problems:

I certainly don't know how I'd cope with my multiple copies of some of the rarest, most sought after and most expensive games ever made :(

:P

Keep your eyes off my Rise of the Robots collection :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

What on earth is the point in owning a wonderful collection of consoles and games if you are going to leave them in a storage unit?
    I mean, you might as well not have bought them, no?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

ive been looking up some of these megadrive games i have on ebay to get a better idea of price..

Herzog Zwei 130 euro, that cant be right is it??

or raiden trad for 60? asterix and the power of the gods, 80 euro on there!?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    What on earth is the point in owning a wonderful collection of consoles and games if you are going to leave them in a storage unit?
    I mean, you might as well not have bought them, no?

Well, you will eventually run out of space and you have to put them somewhere. I would buy on average maybe 30 to 40 games a month(not including the risky job lots) as well as whatever consoles or other retro bits I get. I even moved into a large 4 bedroom house as I needed more room and there is only myself and the girlfriend and a golden retriever.

But still, after a while, no more storage space. You see I don't have or want any of my retro bits anywhere around the house except in my office/man cave and in the presses of a spare bedroom. The candy cab lives in the living room and it looks well there but I'd hate to have a load of consoles and other stuff under the main TV.

And my storage locker has a decent size TV and power and all that stuff so I can play/test stuff in there should I need to. Most of my consoles are in the house, its the games that take up all the space these days.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The Flood care not for oil, only for flesh.... and to p1ss Retr0 off!

They will come for us. And they will lay waste to every game by turning the second half into a bad serious sam clone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,095 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Well, you will eventually run out of space and you have to put them somewhere. I would buy on average maybe 30 to 40 games a month(not including the risky job lots) as well as whatever consoles or other retro bits I get. I even moved into a large 4 bedroom house as I needed more room and there is only myself and the girlfriend and a golden retriever.

But still, after a while, no more storage space. You see I don't have or want any of my retro bits anywhere around the house except in my office/man cave and in the presses of a spare bedroom. The candy cab lives in the living room and it looks well there but I'd hate to have a load of consoles and other stuff under the main TV.

And my storage locker has a decent size TV and power and all that stuff so I can play/test stuff in there should I need to. Most of my consoles are in the house, its the games that take up all the space these days.

Still struggling to find this 'feeling sorry' emotional response you speak of :pac:

Still struggling to find this 'feeling sorry' emotional response you speak of :pac:

Ehh, I dunno. Try harder? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

this came up on sunday's talk so here's a link:

oh I mentioned this to retro as a great source for sonic trivia pre-2006: http://www.theghz.com/museum/index.html

and I was right! SONIC ERASER was pre-sonic 1.

But still a great site for sonic info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ehh, I dunno. Try harder? :D

Look at it from Johnny's point of view. If & when he runs out of room for his fedora collection, you won't give a toss either :D

EnterNow wrote: »
    Look at it from Johnny's point of view. If & when he runs out of room for his fedora collection, you won't give a toss either :D
    Ah no, I'd feel sorry for anyone with a fedora ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

BlitzKrieg wrote: »

oh I mentioned this to retro as a great source for sonic trivia pre-2006: http://www.theghz.com/museum/index.html

and I was right! SONIC ERASER was pre-sonic 1.

But still a great site for sonic info

What happened in 2006 to make them give up?... oh... right...

DinoRex wrote: »

*cries*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

DinoRex wrote: »

I'm kinda glad I never played either Chaotix or Sonic CD. It means if I do feel compelled to play a new Sonic game there's still some I can play from before Sega sunk everything into the, ahem, Nightsoil Ocean Zone.

a5y wrote: »
    I'm kinda glad I never played either Chaotix or Sonic CD. It means if I do feel compelled to play a new Sonic game there's still some I can play from before Sega sunk everything into the, ahem, Nightsoil Ocean Zone.

Chaotix is a fairly big departure, & requires some...patience, to get used to the control mechanic.

Sonic CD is probably the last 'vintage' Sonic game, if I'm not mistaken?

EnterNow wrote: »
    Chaotix is a fairly big departure, & requires some...patience, to get used to the control mechanic.

Sonic CD is probably the last 'vintage' Sonic game, if I'm not mistaken?

What do you mean by vintage?

If you mean the last one that involved the majority of the original creators then it would be sonic 3 & Knuckles

Sonic CD actually was developed parallel to sonic 2 so most of the original sonic team were on sonic 2.

Chaotix is best avoided, it's repetitive, akward and dull (it's stupidly easy) so not worth the effort of hunting down.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    What do you mean by vintage?

If you mean the last one that involved the majority of the original creators then it would be sonic 3 & Knuckles

Sonic CD actually was developed parallel to sonic 2 so most of the original sonic team were on sonic 2

Yeah vintage as in its the traditional model, with the established mechanics/physics/gameplay.

I wasn't aware it was developed alongside Sonic 2, which makes Sonic 3 & Knuckles the last of the vintage. I had it in my head CD came out after those for some reason!

To me, as a huge Sonic fan, anything after Knuckles [cheers blitzy] just 'feels' different, & the series loses its charm with each release.

it's funny cause sonic cd feels different as it was mostly a different development team on it, that's why elements like his spin dash work differently then they do in sonic 2 and also why the bossess in sonic cd only takes 3 hits (except the one that you dont hit at all) when all classic sonic games take 8 hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭coats

Time to get completely pissed impersonate Atavan

Lol hes only a baby when it comes to drinking:D

I could drink him under the table and make him beg for a Stomach pump:D

*Opens 11th beer*

Edit:Doh wrong side of the computer

Maybe i am getting old

Cidey pass the horlicks please

Oh jaysus, here comes another one!

Go away and get yer livers checked ffs!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Bitch please.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

waveform wrote: »
    Oh jaysus, here comes another one!

Go away and get yer livers checked ffs!

My liver is fine as I'm legally obliged to receive a new one every few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Bitch please.

Ok lets check the form

Atavan : Young baby barely 15 years old

Sparks : Barman for 15 years and has a medical condition that when i stop drinking there is too much blood in my alcohol stream:eek:

@Waveform

You are like the anti smoking groups RACIST!!!!!

You cannot discriminate between people because of the colour of there lungs:eek::D

Or in our case liver:p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement