Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

It surely cant come to retail at that price. But it does appear that price is coming from Blaze themselves. I mean this is going to be emulating the Neo Geo, they haven't stuffed a full MVS with a JAMMA interface and functioning cart slot in this thing.
    I paid less than this for my CMVS from Analogue Interactive and that thing is basically a work of art.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

You could get an aes and games for less than that!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Steve SI wrote: »
    It surely cant come to retail at that price. But it does appear that price is coming from Blaze themselves. I mean this is going to be emulating the Neo Geo, they haven't stuffed a full MVS with a JAMMA interface and functioning cart slot in this thing.
    I paid less than this for my CMVS from Analogue Interactive and that thing is basically a work of art.

Has to be some sort of mix-up. You'd want to be some crazy ass hipster and mistake it for the new iPhone to pay that sort of money. Maybe that's what someone in Blaze did. :confused:

I'd sooner put that cash towards an original Neo-Geo cab.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

All the Blackwell games are up on Gog now for just $9.99

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/blackwell_bundle

Played through all of these a few months back and found them hugely enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

DinoRex wrote: »

I concur (do you concur doctor?)

blackwell games are good fun and I think there's only one or two lucasart logic leaps in the series.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,095 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Would you have enjoyed it less if the ghost wasn't sporting a fedora?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,437 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Some of you may not remember, but last year the 'vintage games' category vanished from ebay. I just found the following details as to what happened with it. They didn't send it off anywhere or do anything interesting, they literally just merged it with 'games'.

WTF was the point of that?

ebaysnip.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bought Phantasy Star Universe at the weekend in Balbriggan gamestop and before I bought it I checked for a manual as always and found there was an unused 48 hour live code inside. When I get back from the shop it was gone, the sales clerk stole it, bastard :(

As for the ebay thing, I'm pretty sure they got rid of it for our 'convenience'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

o1s1n wrote: »
    Some of you may not remember, but last year the 'vintage games' category vanished from ebay. I just found the following details as to what happened with it. They didn't send it off anywhere or do anything interesting, they literally just merged it with 'games'.

WTF was the point of that?

ebaysnip.png

And I can guarantee that if that was done with vintage cars being merged into cars there would be uproar!

My science podcast won an award over the weeked

http://scibernia.ie/2012/05/29/scibernia-wins-a-distinction-at-the-craol-achievement-awards/

Heheh... made people eat insects on air for that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

My science podcast won an award over the weeked

http://scibernia.ie/2012/05/29/scibernia-wins-a-distinction-at-the-craol-achievement-awards/

Heheh... made people eat insects on air for that one.

2PPdx.jpg

With a death grin like that, it had to be done.

I was drunk, confused and not entirely sure I was collecting the correct award or not...

I was drunk, confused and not entirely sure I was collecting the correct award or not...

No need for modesty my man!

You can tell by the photo that you meant SRS BUSINESS.

You didn't just receive an award, you annihilated it!

Just watching/listening to Zuntata Live '97 and '98 on the iPad while travelling for work. Pretty damn decent and not a bad way to spend an hour or two while on the road/air/sea.

00scan1frontzttv0001.jpg00scan1front.jpg

Highly recommended stuff :)

For those of us who gave up on the Simpsons round the same time as Sonic (nah, probably way earlier than that)

here's the only clip that matters....

554852_236773759765713_100002992726097_392307_831401375_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

o1s1n wrote: »
    On the flip side, it does mean it'll sell so few units that it'll be a super duper collectors item in the next few years.
    Pyongyang wrote: »
    If its £500 RRP then it might as well be £500 RIP.

I reckon SNK/Blaze have employed that lad on adverts.ie selling his Blaze Mega Drive handheld for €65 as their new head of marketing.

£500 is just absolute suicide. If it hits the shelves with that price tag, I'll eat my own shoes.
    Andrew76 wrote: »
    Not even sure I'd pay 100 quid for that thing. 5 times as much? Lol gtfo.

Hopefully Cidey can resist the lure of that seductive SD slot. :pac:

I could be wrong but I read that it is intended as a collector's piece and Blaze are planning to manufacture a thousand units only, hence the crazy price.

A teaser image for CD Projekts's new RPG which we'll find out more about tomorrow.

AWKxb.jpg

A teaser image for CD Projekts's new RPG which we'll find out more about tomorrow.

AWKxb.jpg

looks sort of shadowrun esque...

which reminds me

which should i play

the mega drive version or the snes version?

This also looks great... a First person horror game where you control a 2 year old:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Snes version all the way :cool:

This also looks great... a First person horror game where you control a 2 year old:

There better be a tainspotting mode where you can crawl on the roof...

Will it be as good as Jack the Nipper, though?

I think not!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

This also looks great... a First person horror game where you control a 2 year old
    it's almost like, one of my favourite levels in Siren 2 LINK < video has original Jap voices and no spoilers
    I'm gonna look forward to that! <3

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

Andrew76 wrote: »
    You'd want to be some crazy ass hipster .

me. :pac: but really, how could cost that much?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Does look very interesting

For some reason I found myself thinking about the Bioshock trailers after I watched that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

BlitzKrieg wrote: »

which reminds me

which should i play

They're both very different games. The SNES one is a bit more simplistic with point and click elements. The Megadrive one is an open world sandbox RPG, very ahead of its time.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Another game I can sh!t myself playing and be afraid to turn back on :o

Just watched the Bluray of Iron Sky.
    I wasn't expecting much from it but I ended up really enjoying it. Its different and that's a good thing :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Steve SI wrote: »
    Just watching/listening to Zuntata Live '97 and '98 on the iPad while travelling for work. Pretty damn decent and not a bad way to spend an hour or two while on the road/air/sea.

Good man! For anyone curious, there's a bunch of Zuntata albums available on iTunes now. Taito launched them a week or so ago.

SteveSI, I strongly recommend getting the Zuntata 'Darius Burst Another Chronicle' Live at O East CD/DVD set.

It's not on iTunes and is quite expensive, but very much worth getting. An amazing concert!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement