Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Now you're being mean!!!
    I can't help it if I'm tall!
    Place works fine sitting down.
    It's like a cross between Retrogaming nirvana and the work place from Being John Malkovich!

I'm just still sore from when I got overly excited while playing Burn:cycle and banged my head.

Just came across this neat tumblr

http://didyouknowgaming.com/

Good few in there I did not know...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

DinoRex wrote: »
    I'm just still sore from when I got overly excited while playing Burn:cycle and banged my head.

That Angry Birds one is actually depressing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

tumblr_m41act3bW41rw70wfo1_500.png

Mind = blown

Yeah. That's a little clearer on the box art:

creepy_fox_doll.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Does anyone know of a good website or app that I can use to make a very large map out of a bunch of images? It's for this DayZ game that a few of use are playing.

The map itself would be fairly large and any service I've found online only lets you do small ones.
    At the moment I'm just stitching them together in Photoshop but that probably wont be ideal as the final image would be huge and impossible to open on systems with small amount of RAM. Plus it would be handy to have a zoom-able Google Maps type interface on it.

Small sample of what I'm on about. This is a tiny part of the overall map:
    (Click for the full size image)
    chernorusmapwip.jpg

• Advertisement

I've been working off this map:

http://avidblur.com/arma2/

Which seems to use this:

http://www.openlayers.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

Steve SI wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a good website or app that I can use to make a very large map out of a bunch of images? It's for this DayZ game that a few of use are playing.

The map itself would be fairly large and any service I've found online only lets you do small ones.
    At the moment I'm just stitching them together in Photoshop but that probably wont be ideal as the final image would be huge and impossible to open on systems with small amount of RAM. Plus it would be handy to have a zoom-able Google Maps type interface on it.

Small sample of what I'm on about. This is a tiny part of the overall map:
    (Click for the full size image)
    chernorusmapwip.jpg

Sorry, only thing I can think of that comes near is Google Maps Downloader, but the source for that isn't open as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Could do it in photoshop but then save it as a small format and compress it. Thats what I would do

But would an online panorama maker work for it, might **** it up

I've been working off this map:

http://avidblur.com/arma2/

Which seems to use this:

http://www.openlayers.org/

That map looks pretty decent actually and much better than any I've seem.
    You can see the one I'm working on is a bit more detailed(from the in-game map you find some times). I'll definitely check out that open layers and see if it will work for me.

Cheers

Could do it in photoshop but then save it as a small format and compress it. Thats what I would do

But would an online panorama maker work for it, might **** it up

Yeah that's an option. But I think I'll check out that Open Layers link DinoRex posted and see if I can make it interactive and zoomable etc.
    Although that one DinoRex linked to is pretty decent on its own and should do most people.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, you're playing Starfox 64, do you select the animal voices or the creepy human ones
    I must play it again before I pick the 3DS revision up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

So, you're playing Starfox 64, do you select the animal voices or the creepy human ones
    I must play it again before I pick the 3DS revision up again.

Animal voices all the way. Ribbit

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I don't think it has aged terribly well though, the bulk of the game no more interactive than Space Harrier.
    It isn't as bad as the Star Wars games on the 'cube, the flight controls are awful, of course they seem sublime compared to the on foot sections of Rebel Strike, I still shiver when I think of how lousy that game was.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I don't think it has aged terribly well though, the bulk of the game no more interactive than Space Harrier.

So much wrong with that setence I don't know where to start!

Not like rail shooters no? Have you played the Sin and Punishment games at all? Panzer Dragoon Games? Rez? Ah man, you're missing out if you don't love em.

Battlefield 3 NES Edition

I was thinking... "I wonder what BF3 would be like with NES sound effects." So I made this.
    Sounds are from Contra and Top Gun, music is from Journey to Silius(Title Screen) and Batman(Stage 4 Part 1).
    PC Version incase you were going to ask.

Master of the Universe

Anyone ever see this? (Maybe you all have and I'm late to the party!)

Street Fighter 2 in a Father Ted episode is actually the Megadrive Beta version (the game was then delayed and fixed up as it didn't look so good)

http://blog.hardcoregaming101.net/2009/11/street-fighter-ii-champion-edition-in.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

o1s1n wrote: »

Street Fighter 2 in a Father Ted episode is actually the Megadrive Beta version (the game was then delayed and fixed up as it didn't look so good)

http://blog.hardcoregaming101.net/2009/11/street-fighter-ii-champion-edition-in.html

videotape imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Not like rail shooters no? Have you played the Sin and Punishment games at all? Panzer Dragoon Games? Rez? Ah man, you're missing out if you don't love em.

Railshooters are too partisan tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Interesting. I just tweeted Mr Linehan to see if he has any idea :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

He's been asked before loads of times and says he hasn't a clue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Starfox 64 is too great a game for Ciderman to enjoy. It's not mediocre enough :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Master of the Universe

waveform wrote: »
    Railshooters are too partisan tbh.

Bah! Do you extend that same thinking out to on rail light gun games? You have no taste :p
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Starfox 64 is too great a game for Ciderman to enjoy. It's not mediocre enough :P

Finally! A man WITH taste!

I guess you're right, the pinnacle of gaming to him is what, Firewarrior on the PS2 and driving games without reverse cameras?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Sera wrote: »

At 4:50 long, it still manages to be a better production than 95 percent of the Hoenn anime arc.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

I is juz trollin'

But, slagging Lylat Wars....
    dammit I mean Starfox 64!

30881-what-have-i-done-what-have-i-become.jpg

But I mean it about the GC Starwars games, the flight model is all over the place....

I love the little squeak when he/she puts in a new RPG shell, he he.
    Still, it sounds superb, nice find!

Now I have to buy BF3!

I love the little squeak when he/she puts in a new RPG shell, he he.
    Still, it sounds superb, nice find!

Now I have to buy BF3!

Yeah, BF3 is worth getting. I enjoy it more than the COD games although I've not played it in a while now.
    You need to get in on this DayZ mod for Arma 2 that a few of us are playing, its the shizzle :D
    I'm on day 3 of a life now and it's tough going but worth it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Yeah, BF3 is worth getting. I enjoy it more than the COD games although I've not played it in a while now.
    You need to get in on this DayZ mod for Arma 2 that a few of us are playing, its the shizzle :D
    I'm on day 3 of a life now and it's tough going but worth it.

Agree with this. FPS is not normally my thing but DayZ is brilliant. Playing it the last two nights with some boardsies and it's great fun. Shame the servers are such a pain to get into sometimes though.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Agree with this. FPS is not normally my thing but DayZ is brilliant. Playing it the last two nights with some boardsies and it's great fun. Shame the servers are such a pain to get into sometimes though.

Yeah, it's a shame about the servers but I suppose its an alpha release.

The devs of Arma 2 said they'd help out the DayZ modder(who works for them anyway) when they release the next patch for the full game. So not sure what that means but they obviously are happy about the 500 percent increase in sales since this DayZ mod was released.

On a side note, I've been playing Sniper Elite v2 on the PC the last few nights and its great silly mindless fun(with great silly mindless kill shots :D)

Can't really post some of the kill shots here but this one is fairly harmless:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Nicked from the DayZ thread:

5I7um.gif

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement