Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

o1s1n wrote: »

Closest you'll get to real life DayZ is a halloween night game on an airsoft site.

I remember a few years ago (I think it was HRTA in Swords) had a night game with Zombies. I heard it was very, very scary.

Weapons are for wusses, it's all about survival of the fittest :)

http://runforyourlives.com/

Was tempted to do this this year but wouldn't be in the states at the time...next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

526233_10150776342956910_675666909_10000392_367746879_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Pretty much perfect, except for one thing. Any retro enthusiast worth their salt will know what...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

EnterNow wrote: »
    Pretty much perfect, except for one thing. Any retro enthusiast worth their salt will know what...

Yep and its horrible to see:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Ya those backlights would be every distracting when trying to focus on all the LCD goodness alright.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

He's not doing it right because he's using a top loading NES? Everyone knows you're not getting the real NES experience unless you are replacing the 72 pin connector every 4 months and getting a red flashing light about 10 times before the game works.

:P

Yeah those Blaze 'Cube RGB Scarts are not RGB at all. I removed the cable there & stripped it for a better look...on the console end its only got pins for:

1) Audio Left
    2) Composite Video
    3) A pin for an unused part of the multi out
    4) Audio Right
    5) Ground

That's it, 5 pins on the console end. Unless there's different versions & the one I have is AV only.

If the consolegoods one is no good either I'll just fork out for an official one

• Registered Users Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Maybe it's a prototype superflat CRT which defies physics. :pac:

I also don't see an arcade cabinet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No, it's the suck ass Panasonic FZ-10 and no FZ-1 to speak of.
    Therefore this collection goes from "Awesome gamer who has a gorgeously displayed collection" to "Some guy who lives close to Ikea, Maplins and doesn't know which 3DO to buy and so should be relegated to Gamesville for all eternity" or something like that.....

I give this guy 1G!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Therefore this collection goes from "Awesome gamer who has a gorgeously displayed collection" to "Some guy who lives close to Ikea, Maplins and doesn't know which 3DO to buy and so should be relegated to Gamesville for all eternity" or something like that.....

I give this guy 1G!

But he's not going to bang his head on the roof though, is he now?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

I give this guy 1G!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

I was going to say no Vectrex!

Still though, its like a bloody console museum what he has!

waveform wrote: »
    I was going to say no Vectrex!

Nope, look at the amount of consoles there that would look like absolute balls on a 16:9 flatscreen

Fake scanlines or not, an NES does not work well with such a display

Nope, look at the amount of consoles there that would look like absolute balls on a 16:9 flatscreen

Fake scanlines or not, an NES does not work well with such a display

So true.

Although it would be hard enough to wall mount a 32" trinitron! ;)

Has anyone ever had a 16 9er before? ;)

So true.

Although it would be hard enough to wall mount a 32" trinitron! ;)

Eh have you seen Pyongy's designer CRT?? Wall mounting is for shmucks

Eh have you seen Pyongy's designer CRT?? Wall mounting is for shmucks

Nope! Saw the rotatable LCD thingy alright.

You'd need a concrete wall I'd say?

Could you imagine the weight, especially with the Widescreen Trinotrons.

Handy to have a widescreen for PS games, I just switch mine to 4:3 for the older shtuff.

Master of the Universe

Haha, imagine trying to wallmount that Trinitron I got from yourself Enternow! It'd pull your whole house down to the ground.

Haha, imagine trying to wallmount that Trinitron I got from yourself Enternow! It'd pull your whole house down to the ground.

house%20on%20its%20side.jpg

FAIL

Nope! Saw the rotatable LCD thingy alright.

You'd need a concrete wall I'd say?

Could you imagine the weight, especially with the Widescreen Trinotrons.

Handy to have a widescreen for PS games, I just switch mine to 4:3 for the older shtuff.

Nah he has a gorgeous designer CRT, this thing isn't wall mountable. Point being, you don't have to wall mount them. True enough the setup in the pic doesn't leave a lot of room for a crt..but after going to all thathassle with the sexy illumiation lights & all...I'd have designed in a crt somewhere. Probably on top of the unit itself & mount the flatscreen either higher or on a rotatable arm.

Lol, what an utter beast of a tv. It's very near Monolith status.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sega-Saturn-Virtua-Fighter-Jacke-Jacket-Japanese-Jap-Japan-/140750004264?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item20c55aa028

That was at 20 today and I was full sure I would get it with a proxy bid of 60 before I went to work... :(

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sega-Saturn-Virtua-Fighter-Jacke-Jacket-Japanese-Jap-Japan-/140750004264?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item20c55aa028

That was at 20 today and I was full sure I would get it with a proxy bid of 60 before I went to work... :(

90s-Rapper-Costume.jpg

I really wanted it but not enough to justify 120 bones on it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Listening to the latest retronauts podcast there and a reader question was what obscure arcade games do you like. Ray Barnholt gave a shout out to none other than Dino Rex!!!

Also the latest japanese videogame charts have thrown up the best named game ever:

Conception: Please Give Birth to My Children!

For PSP.

Master of the Universe

I really wanted it but not enough to justify 120 bones on it

I was going to bid on it too. Then it just got silly!

Same happened yesterday with a Sega retailer clock :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

DinoRex wrote: »
    But he's not going to bang his head on the roof though, is he now?

Now you're being mean!!!
    I can't help it if I'm tall!
    Place works fine sitting down.
    It's like a cross between Retrogaming nirvana and the work place from Being John Malkovich!

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Also the latest japanese videogame charts have thrown up the best named game ever:

Conception: Please Give Birth to My Children!

For PSP.

OVULATE!

tumblr_lxac7e2imG1qztjn5o1_500.png

Reading about it online and it actually sounds like a really interesting game, a dating sim mixed with dungeon grinding and the last one of those I played was the stupidly good Persona 4. Made by Spike and Chunsoft as well who are usually quality developers.

Master of the Universe

a dating sim mixed with dungeon grinding .

Sounds sexy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

a dating sim mixed with dungeon grinding .

Sounds sexy.

"I don't see nothin' wrong, with a little dungeon grind......"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement