Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

• Registered Users Posts: 34,540 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    Get Down

ehy7b.jpg

HAHAHA That's going on my wall! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

original.jpg

Take my ****ing money!

*sees screenshots for Epic Mickey 3DS*

xlarge.png

Also take my ****ing money!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,863 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If scrooge mcduck can bounce on his cane I'll buy two copies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Paintbrush vs Sword: the epic (mickey) question finally resolved.

xlarge.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I want that Tokyo Jungle game seriusly

I think play-asia is going to be freaked out by all the Irish people wanting Tokyo Jungle.

It's the only game on the immediate horizon that holds a real chance of usurping Journey as my GOTY.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Its out June 7th! Fcukin A :pac:

I also still wanna play that Afrika game. I know its just like Pokemon Snap but I love that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,961 ✭✭✭Doge

Holy mother of god!

I never even knew this game existed.

One of the best Mega Drive intros? :eek:

And possibly one of the most unique and best soundtracks on the Mega Drive too,

well if you're a fan of the likes of Front 242 and Industrial music in general.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htbXm0grH3Q&feature=bf_next&list=PL10AFB0328E798E3A&lf=plpp_video

Serious can't wait to play this tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Its out June 7th! Fcukin A :pac:
    :cool: that's my birthday

Sera wrote: »
    :cool: that's my birthday

Should make an awesome birthday present!

Tis my birthday in less than 24 hours.

Damn inevitable aging process!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Birfday, smurfday, sure you are only trotting after us elder lemons here.
    At least our first console wasn't a PS2!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    At least my first console wasn't a PS2!

Fyp

Although seeing as my first console was a Videopac maybe i should be asking you to pass the horlicks:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Mine was a Game & Watch. First proper gaming at home was a C64. Before that, stuff at school, BBC, Acorn, Spectrum etc.

According to Irish folklore, Adultappleflavouredbeveragemale's first computer was Collossus. Sadly back then it was on location test in Milton Keynes but nobody knew where to find it.

I hear he also helped Alan Turing make a game out of the Difference Engine. This was shortly before he was dispatched to France to design early Euroshmups with catapults, onions and drones of blokes in berets attacking in swarms. Some say it was the birth of danmaku. I just think he was drunk.

Master of the Universe

waveform wrote: »
    And possibly one of the most unique and best soundtracks on the Mega Drive too,

well if you're a fan of the likes of Front 242 and Industrial music in general.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htbXm0grH3Q&feature=bf_next&list=PL10AFB0328E798E3A&lf=plpp_video

Serious can't wait to play this tomorrow!

Interesting fact - my copy of that game has made in ireland on the back of it. I always wondered what the deal was with that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I think play-asia is going to be freaked out by all the Irish people wanting Tokyo Jungle.

It's the only game on the immediate horizon that holds a real chance of usurping Journey as my GOTY.

Really? Maybe this is a bad trailer but it looks sh1te to me (unless you're into some panda love :pac:). Wandering about as an animal trying to survive against other animals? Looks like a PS1 game from the action shots too. Meh.

Just checked, nope, nobody p1ssed in my cornflakes this morn...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Mine was a Game & Watch. First proper gaming at home was a C64. Before that, stuff at school, BBC, Acorn, Spectrum etc.

According to Irish folklore, Adultappleflavouredbeveragemale's first computer was Collossus. Sadly back then it was on location test in Milton Keynes but nobody knew where to find it.

I hear he also helped Alan Turing make a game out of the Difference Engine. This was shortly before he was dispatched to France to design early Euroshmups with catapults, onions and drones of blokes in berets attacking in swarms. Some say it was the birth of danmaku. I just think he was drunk.

Actually my first computer was the standing stones near Newgrange...
    The Stonehenge was built much later, has a Newgrange emulator built in apparently ;)
    They have a great game of "sacrifice the virgin" as well but you need a good supply of actual virgins to play, it is multiplayer though as you take turns to hold the knife....

Casual gamers prefer the mini game delights of the more modern Pyramids in Egypt, but they wouldn't know retro if it slapped them in the puss!

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Really? Maybe this is a bad trailer but it looks sh1te to me (unless you're into some panda love :pac:). Wandering about as an animal trying to survive against other animals? Looks like a PS1 game from the action shots too. Meh.

I think you missed the dinosaurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭Steve X2

waveform wrote: »
    Holy mother of god!

I never even knew this game existed.

One of the best Mega Drive intros? :eek:

I thought it looked familiar, I have it here myself but never played it :o
    I'm off sick so took a few pics of the game and I'll give it a play after this episode of "NCIS:LA" is over.

Click for bigger versions:

DSC_0998b.jpg

And just noticed the made in Ireland thing as well.
    DSC_1000b.jpg

ZOOM!!!, ENHANCE!!!! :)
    DSC_1000-miib.jpg

Did a bit of quick research on the Ireland thing and all I've found so far is o1s1n talking about his one back in 2007. I did find out that the guys who actually made the game used to be involved in the Amiga Demo scene back in the day, in particular Jesper Kyd.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,863 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I know Sega manufactured their Saturn games in Ireland for Europe, it's how I got my Panzer Dragoon Saga. It's not a stretch that MD games were manufactured here.

did that even happen anyone here?

Master of the Universe

Young Mr Atavan I think?

Either that or a PS3, I'm not sure.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

o1s1n wrote: »

Young Mr Atavan I think?

Either that or a PS3, I'm not sure.

Nah, my first was a 3ds.

It was actually a ps1. When I was 5. Shortly followed by a game boy colour :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Really? Maybe this is a bad trailer but it looks sh1te to me (unless you're into some panda love :pac:).

Not even pandas are into panda love!

Our first computer was the mighty C64 of course,

but I'm not going to win any points with you there as you said its a "rich boys computer" that was the envy of all you speccies!

It was bought in 1988 so I guess it was a poor mans computer at that stage!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

DinoRex wrote: »
    Not even pandas are into panda love!

I'll take your word on that Mr. Expert. :p

Not long to go til Grimrock. :)

I'm not sure if this video could be considered a spoiler as it shows some gameplay? Looks good though for those interested.

Steve SI wrote: »
    ZOOM!!!, ENHANCE!!!! :)
    DSC_1000-miib.jpg

Did a bit of quick research on the Ireland thing and all I've found so far is o1s1n talking about his one back in 2007. I did find out that the guys who actually made the game used to be involved in the Amiga Demo scene back in the day, in particular Jesper Kyd.

Thanks for taking the photos!
    We seriously need to get some development info on this game.

Did Retro Gamer ever do a feature on it? Definitely one worth requesting, but my be tricky to get in contact with some of the developers.

Such a shame it was a commercial fail, It's almost like all the resources were put into the making of the game, and hardly any put into marketing!

What an absolute gem of game!

The gameplay video is mandatory viewing:

I love the the way you can see the top of the concrete walls in super detail, during the infiltration mission later in the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

GOG are having their spring conference today:

http://www.gog.com/news/spring_conference

There'll be a new freebie on the site as well it seems.

• Advertisement

It was actually a ps1. When I was 5. Shortly followed by a game boy colour :D
    first I owned was a Saturn and I got a GBC afterwards as well :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement