Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭Doge

waveform wrote: »
    Buy two of everything so we can bring them aboard or own Retro Gaming Apocalyptic Ark on December 21st 2012?

Maybe Steve SI knows something we don't!
    So that's why the so serious music!

And after mentioning Noah's Ark earlier, I somehow just ended up watching a video of a NES game where you play Noah, completely randomly from reading up about consoles!

Weird how things are interlinked sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,859 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I'm building an ark at the moment. It should be ready for December 21st.

It can only fit 800 so I've set the cost of entry at 1 copy of Darius Alpha to make sure everything evens out :D
    I've not cheaped out on things either, everyone will get their own 3DO built into the headrest with a copy of PO'ed ready to play.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Steve SI wrote: »
    everyone will get their own 3DO built into the headrest with a copy of PO'ed ready to play.

I'll take the same but with Need for Speed, Road Rash and Paatank on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Anyone else using Chrome? :D
    MAME Arcade Game Emulator Now Available For Google Chrome

The Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator port for iOS lasted only a matter of hours on Apple's App Store. That was sad. But don't fret: MAME has now been successfully ported to Google Chrome, too.

MAME emulates classic arcade games: everything from Pac-Man to Burger Time. Of course, many of the ROMs you need to be able to play games like that are copyrighted — so if you want to play Galaga then it's dubiously legal. But if you worry about things like that, there are free games which you can play without breaking any law.

Anyway, as for the Chrome port, you have Google engineer Robert Muth to thank for carefully working out how to get it running. He also posted a detailed case study of the challenges he faced along the way in the four-day project.

But you probably want to play some games, right? So you should head over to the Chrome Web Store and install the classic Robby Roto arcade game. That's one of the copyright-free games we're all entitled to play. Once you've gotten that, though, you can upload any MAME ROMs you happen to, uh, "find" and play them through Chrome. Sweet. [Chrome App Store via Slashdot]
    Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭Doge

Anyone else using Chrome? :D

Linky

Yes!

*clicks link*

Oh wait, I have firefox open right now, lulz!

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'll take the same but with Need for Speed, Road Rash and Paatank on it!

I'm sure we can accommodate sirs request.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hmm, if there was some sort of browser/safari based Mame that you could just link to, that'd be interesting.
    Would it be possible?
    Rather than installing Mame as an app just link to a page and the code runs...
    Of course you'd only be able to play games with an internet link, presumably, bugger!

Is there no end to my woes with the Ipad2? Damn stupid thingy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Bloody hell the wii is impressing me more each day

Wiimc can play just about every film i have on my hdd
    Also i can now get all the VC and wiiware games onto my wii by installing the wads

I have stuck a wanted ad in Adverts for a Wii, a replacement for my poor dear old busted console.

Can't wait so I can get back to giving Zelda Skyward Sword another shot..

Pretty sure I'm right about the controls though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm a good few hours in SS now, and I'm actually very fond of the controls at this point. Sure, one part of me would like an old-fashioned controller, but everything in Skyward works beautifully when you get used to it - the clank of the shield, a skydive on your Loftwing etc... I'll admit that swordplay can be a little frustrating, but overall colour me smitten, Ismael.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

SS is amazing, best game in a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,564 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Well this is just embarassing.

Capture-1.jpg

Master of the Universe

Also, just saw the best pirate post link ever.

I can't stop watching it!

http://cristgaming.com/pirate.swf

o1s1n wrote: »
    Well this is just embarassing.

Capture-1.jpg

WTF?

What is that thing???

Is that what.... a friend of mine... is going to see when I he tries to download Chuck or something sweet from the Saturns back catalogue???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Haha that website got nothing on me.

Thank you hosted files!

Master of the Universe

WTF?

What is that thing???

Is that what.... a friend of mine... is going to see when I he tries to download Chuck or something sweet from the Saturns back catalogue???

Did you click on the link?

It's a website to make people 'aware' that downloading torrents isn't private and sometimes your ip information can be left and made public.

The embarassing thing being that all the ip address of this house is associated with is Duke Nukem Forever.

I doubt anyone will be sued over that. Maybe we'll get a thank you letter for at least giving the game a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Yeah, they got me, but at least it was for Criminal Minds and Mike & Molly.
    Imagine the embarrassment of being hauled up in court and interrogated about what you downloaded, rather than Duke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

Haha that website got nothing on me.

Thank you hosted files!
    Private tracker, kthxbai

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Nothing on me either! I could've sworn certain fansubs would have shown up...

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Yeah, they got me, but at least it was for Criminal Minds and Mike & Molly.
    Imagine the embarrassment of being hauled up in court and interrogated about what you downloaded, rather than Duke!

'I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum'

'Please just place your hand on the bible sir'

:(

o1s1n, the one thing you lack is the ability to accurately proclaim that Duke Nukem Forever is a waste of money.

Having paid 499 cent for the thing I, however, am proud of that privilege.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Pmsl i have done some serious downloading on torrent sites over the last few weeks and all they have on me is this.

Software that is actually legal and open source :D

Master of the Universe

Anyone else on their first day back in work after their Christmas holidays?

I gots the January blues :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

o1s1n wrote: »
    Anyone else on their first day back in work after their Christmas holidays?

I gots the January blues :(

Yup. No blues here though. 6 months of sleeps until Japan. :)

No blues here!!
    I'm on my second week of leave!
    Not back on duty til Saturday!

Master of the Universe

Ah ye gits! Misery loves company you know!

I think it's also something to do with the fact that all my more interesting ebay purchases have arrived. So that coupled with no holidays set up in the near future means I have nothing to look forward to.

Must buy something on ebay quickly. You know, for the sake of my mental health :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well this is my first real day off since the Monday of Christmas week so I'm delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

The only blues I have are related to a certain package in D12 sorting office I hope to God arrives today (was received yesterday).

I did arrive at work to find a couple of packages though. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement