Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,553 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, it's official.
    My home is a plague house...

I have had a chest infection all over the Christmas followed by a lousy cold and no, I'll repeat, no sympathy whatsoever from my better half.
    Then my son goes and selfishly contracts chickenpox.... :(
    Poor little blighter...
    He only managed 4 hours of Skylanders today! Wait til he's fit and well!

So, there goes any hope of turning up tomorrow, don't want to spread this to any retro gamers out there!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

DinoRex wrote: »
    In a similar vein there was Stunrunner which was good fun too.

And then there was also a 3rd Chase HQ game that no one seems to really remember except for me.
    I always thought Lucky and Wild was from a chase hq game.

It isnt.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well, it's official.

I have had a chest infection all over the Christmas followed by a lousy cold and no, I'll repeat, no sympathy whatsoever from my better half.
    Poor little blighter...

So, there goes any hope of turning up tomorrow, don't want to spread this to any retro gamers out there!

Ive been looking at skylanders all christmas too, he got a bunch of them and the game. though i think our game is broken as the voices only speak half the time for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Well, it's official.

Poor little blighter...

We could have a pox party... anyone need to catch it? I've never had it... but I think I'm immune as my mother had it when I was in the womb... That may account for all my crippling personality defects as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I've had it. Had to use this cream which was very liquidy and smelt of strong chemicals/tipp ex =/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,006 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Really hoping my 'surprise' arrives for the retro night tomorrow. Wishful thinking but fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭Doge

Well, it's official.

Poor little blighter...

Know the feeling!
    I've had 2 colds within the last 2/2.5 weeks! Never had 2 together so close,
    this time I've a phlemgy cough, although I feel much better this evening,
    hopefully I'm getting rid of it.

I put it down to the fluctuating changes in temperature,
    as I both started out with a sore/dry throat, which usually happens when there's sudden changes in temperature, I find.

That assumption is based on if you're more likely to catch a cold when you've a sore throat.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Really hoping my 'surprise' arrives for the retro night tomorrow. Wishful thinking but fingers crossed.

It's not another school girl uniform, is it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,006 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It has a bow this time instead of a cute tie.

It has a bow this time instead of a cute tie.

Enough about the underwear, what will you be wearing around your neck? ;)

(That mental image should get a barf or 2 from the regulars,
    thankfully I do not know what you look like so I'm immune to mental images! :p)

• Advertisement

You spoke too soon. I'll give it until tomorrow morning before someone posts the image of me in the schoolgirl outfit that they managed to get hold of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I'm in Doolin right now, dying of manflu. I've had chickenpox, that liquid is witchazel. Stinks!

Chickenpox in kids , cute .Chicken pox in Adults ..like some sort of biblical plague
    I had it when I was 17 , the smell of that ointment (calamine lotion) still makes me gag now...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,553 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Chickenpox in kids , cute .Chicken pox in Adults ..like some sort of biblical plague
    I had it when I was 17 , the smell of that ointment (calamine lotion) still makes me gag now...

Plus it can play havoc with your testicles ....
    Or is that mumps?

Have a quick look downstairs Luas....

Doesn't it develop into shingles when you're an adult.. and yeah it can affect sterility.

All this talk of chicken pox makes me want to eat some chickatees...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Ugh I remember the pox. Got it when I was 14 I think. Nearly drove me mad.
    Then the septic throat when I was 17.
    And that weird 24 hour fever that had me hallucinating when a bit over a year ago........

Why cant I just get a normal flu or something!!!
    Its always weird sh!t

Well well well...

I managed to download imame4all from iTunes during the brief window before it was pulled.
    Downloaded some "files", for testing purposes you understand, and of the some 2,000 of them they worked great.
    Happy days.

Then I find out that I may be getting a certain add on for the ipad2 that will enhance the arcade experience! Awesomesauce to the max!

Then I have a check of the device this morning, just to have a quick blast and...

IT'S GONE!

She deleted it because she thought it was a violent game, given the use of the word make in the imame4all...
    I pointed out that it was "mame" not "maim" to which I got a prolonged "Oohh " sound as she realised her transgression.

So, to recap, I'm getting the best arcade add on the Ipad will ever see, from my missus, and she deleted the needed app, thinking I was leaving dismemberment by chainsaw simulators on the ios desktop...

And its home I go, to jailbreak the frakker!
    I'm not going to quit now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Buy a twin sit down Daytona & plant it in the living room too. Tell here every time she touches your stuff, it means another cab. She'll soon stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Sync the iPad to your computer. You should get the app back.

Plus it can play havoc with your testicles ....
    Or is that mumps?

Have a quick look downstairs Luas....
    ive a daughter and. another sprog on the way (please God) so me love spuds are fine ,thanks for asking ;)

• Advertisement

ive a daughter and. another sprog on the way (please God) so me love spuds are fine ,thanks for asking ;)

Ciderman - Lover of all things Testicle

No, I'm no lover of testicles, you've got the wrong guy!
    Well, actually I am fond of hanging onto my own, if the wife would ever let me have them back... :(

Oh, more news on the imame4ever front.
    Didn't return, as if by magic, upon syncing, so thanks for that and I have an ipad whose ios, 5.0.1, isn't jailbroken yet....
    Hopefully it'll be done by January 13th.. But knowing my luck not likely :(

IT'S GONE!

She deleted it because she thought it was a violent game, given the use of the word make in the imame4all...
    I pointed out that it was "mame" not "maim" to which I got a prolonged "Oohh " sound as she realised her transgression.

That's a paddln'!

I think you need to get out d'oul "attitude adjuster!". :D

Attitude Adjuster?
    She doesn't call it that,
    she refers to it as the Ole Painful, at least she does as shes bringing it down to smack me on the head...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

EDGE (not the magazine) is on sale on Steam for the next few hours. Really terrific game, very surprised at how much fun it is. Kind of like a cubed Kula World with flashier art design and a bitchin' retro-inspired soundtrack.

Well well well...

I managed to download imame4all from iTunes during the brief window before it was pulled.
    Downloaded some "files", for testing purposes you understand, and of the some 2,000 of them they worked great.
    Happy days.

Then I find out that I may be getting a certain add on for the ipad2 that will enhance the arcade experience! Awesomesauce to the max!

Then I have a check of the device this morning, just to have a quick blast and...

IT'S GONE!

So, to recap, I'm getting the best arcade add on the Ipad will ever see, from my missus, and she deleted the needed app, thinking I was leaving dismemberment by chainsaw simulators on the ios desktop...

Good aul Sean, I doubt his misses ****s with his ipad :D

Took the Nomad off the shelf for the first time in a long time, the battery is still up :cool:

Xperia play, Vita, 3DS you can keep. Give me a screen modded Nomad anytime

EnterNow wrote: »
    Took the Nomad off the shelf for the first time in a long time, the battery is still up :cool:

Xperia play, Vita, 3DS you can keep. Give me a screen modded Nomad anytime

Better battery persistence than the PSP anyway.

• Advertisement

Better battery persistence than the PSP anyway.

That Nomad battery box mod breaks some of the laws of thermodynamics, I'm convinced of it :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement