Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-topic/chat thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

lately i've noticed that contributors to the forum and people asking about moving over etc were born around italia 90 time. i remember that like it was yesterday. i'm refusing to accept that i'm getting old!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

lately i've noticed that contributors to the forum and people asking about moving over etc were born around italia 90 time. i remember that like it was yesterday. i'm refusing to accept that i'm getting old!

Agree... seeing any birthday after 1990 makes me feel very old :( I refuse to believe that there are adults now that were born in the nineties! Surely they have to be kids otherwise it means im I'm in my thirties :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭afatbollix

image1fv.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    imagecmou.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Some amount of dopes out there... Im on a night shift tonight and can see it taking a while to get there.. Anyone leave work early? Trains seem to be running ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

afatbollix wrote: »

Some amount of dopes out there... Im on a night shift tonight and can see it taking a while to get there.. Anyone leave work early? Trains seem to be running ok?

Ouch!

Our office closed at 3 mainly to allow people to get home before dark. The roads at that point seemed free but the Thameslink was shagged (when is it not?!), approx an hour delay. The trains may have picked by now.

Photos are mental. There was sfa east of the m25 this afternoon though. Left work early to get to stansted and got here two hours early. Still here four hours later though.
    thank Christ for timeghost podcasts to keep me sane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Just been given the 'you can work from home' call from the boss. Sweet! The schools i work in are shut tomorrow so not much point. Hurray for snow :) (for me) sucks for those having to travel .

Worked from home Friday and again today. Really hoping for more blizzards so I don't have to leave the house this week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Braved the commute this morning only to find that no one else on my team did. I might actually get some work done today

Im one of the closest to the office but still told to stay put..no bending my arm needed! Anyone for a cuppa?!

Im one of the closest to the office but still told to stay put..no bending my arm needed! Anyone for a cuppa?!

If no one else is there then no point in you being there! I'll have a coffee please :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Two sugars please. Il bring the kitkats

Second round interview today!! Send your good vibes my way and there will be a cocktail in it for you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Good luck in it Frag :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Hope it went well frag!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

If you wear a uniform for work (even a tshirt with a logo on it), you can claim tax relief!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/uniform-tax-rebate

Don't know if it applies to anyone here but it might be helpful :)

I don't mean to shout but...

I GOT THE JOB!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

frag420 wrote: »

I GOT THE JOB!!!
    Good for you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I GOT THE JOB!!!

Congrats! :) Come out for a pint on Saturday to celebrate.

I GOT THE JOB!!!

Is it the job I think you got, or a different one?

Anyway, congrats, sorted in a month! Took me six weeks to get my job :)

Different one. It's the one I wanted!!

See you all sat night

frAg

• Advertisement

Cripes chaps and chapettes, the London thread over on Ranting & Raving is pretty cutting! I hope it's not us that they're talking about...

From my iphone

In Shoreditch

Sipping a macchiato

Whilst reading The Guardian

In skinny jeans

Queuing to get into a pop-up restaurant

That can only be accessed by uttering the password to the mime-artist at the door*

*OK I'm actually at work drinking tea, wearing a cat jumper

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Cripes chaps and chapettes, the London thread over on Ranting & Raving is pretty cutting! I hope it's not us that they're talking about...

Feh, there are hipsters and muppets everywhere, if people let themselves get annoyed by them they're Doing It Wrong (and by It I mean "life").

I'm certain it's not about us. We're lovely, like. And if anyone says different I'll wallop them in the danglies ;)

(See? Lovely)

Il admit I did add to the ranting and raving a little!! Danglies well and truly covered!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

*OK I'm actually at work drinking tea, wearing a cat jumper
    I'd love some tea! Our kettles gone missing in work so we have none and I'm out of tea bags myself :-(

Fysh wrote: »
    Feh, there are hipsters and muppets everywhere, if people let themselves get annoyed by them they're Doing It Wrong (and by It I mean "life").

I'm certain it's not about us. We're lovely, like. And if anyone says different I'll wallop them in the danglies ;)

(See? Lovely)

it's gone a bit, i dunno, psychotic? God forbid an young irish person would want to go to an area where there's some decent(ish) nightlife during the weekend in case some fellow nationals might tut at you for spending your own time as you please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Just to resurrect this thread for a bit. Was in Stratford last night with a few friends and after dinner we were wandering around for a pub to go to a lot were busy so we went into a place called "The Queen's Head". It was a little surreal to see the 1916 Proclamation, and photos of the rebel government from 1919 - 1921 hanging up, and signed Munster jerseys, and varying Irish rugby feats, and a hurling game on the TV with Tipperary vs Cork completely unawares :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

philologos wrote: »
    Just to resurrect this thread for a bit. Was in Stratford last night with a few friends and after dinner we were wandering around for a pub to go to a lot were busy so we went into a place called "The Queen's Head". It was a little surreal to see the 1916 Proclamation, and photos of the rebel government from 1919 - 1921 hanging up, and signed Munster jerseys, and varying Irish rugby feats, and a hurling game on the TV with Tipperary vs Cork completely unawares :)

All of this in a place called The Queen's Head? Hmm. Well, I suppose she had a good reception in the Rebel County last year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Fysh wrote: »
    All of this in a place called The Queen's Head? Hmm. Well, I suppose she had a good reception in the Rebel County last year :D

I suspect they meant the Queen's head on a stake :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

For anyone who's interested, the bar at the London Field's Brewery was back open on Saturday.

• Advertisement

planning to drop in there myself some eve!

BTW any quiz goers in and around London Fields/Hackney? Would like to join a team one with the OH. Since boardsies have such deadly quiz talents as seen in NW London..

Advertisement