Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

wonder if it will run next year?
    It will, as well as:
    • Bike Fit Studio - €50 voucher for use on bike fitting services
    • Chain Reaction Cycles - 5% of all goods
    • Easy Motion - €200 off all new bike purchases
    • Going in the Zone - €100 voucher
    • Training Peaks - 20% off subscription - use code 20CyclingIRL19

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

only just noticed this on cycling irelandds website (kept that quiet)

https://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/vipclub.asp

wonder if it will run next year?

TBF I've got numerous emails from them about this

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭positron

If you are propping up your front wheel with (soon to be collectible) yellow pages or block of wood etc - it's time to go proper posh.

614614?w=637&h=403

https://www.halfords.ie/cycling/turbo-trainers/turbo-trainer-accessories/ebon-riser-block

€1.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

Thanks for that - got a Wahoo KickR Core on Black Friday and only noticed afterwards there's none included so sorted

• Advertisement

g0g wrote: »
    Free shipping on the Polaris UK website, even (unusually) when you select Ireland as delivery address using code FREESHIP. I've had mixed success with gear from them but gonna try these commuter gloves for £ 5.00 delivered. Runs out at midnight. Lots of other stuff reduced too.
    Potential bargain of the year for me. I ordered shorts, leg warmers, and a winter hat for £35.50. They contacted me the day after to tell me the free postage should have been UK only and I could take a refund or pay an extra £12. I took the refund.

A week later and two parcels have arrived, both with identical contents. So I got two pairs of bib shorts, two pairs of leg warmers, and two hats for -49c (thanks to FX differences between payment and refund).

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭thejaguar

Potential bargain of the year for me. I ordered shorts, leg warmers, and a winter hat for £35.50. They contacted me the day after to tell me the free postage should have been UK only and I could take a refund or pay an extra £12. I took the refund.

A week later and two parcels have arrived, both with identical contents. So I got two pairs of bib shorts, two pairs of leg warmers, and two hats for -49c (thanks to FX differences between payment and refund).

I presume you'll make contact to notify them of the error and arrange suitable payment...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I'd offer them the original amount quoted. If they seek the delivery costs then I'd tell them I'm ignoring them until they drop that expectation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

thejaguar wrote: »
    I presume you'll make contact to notify them of the error and arrange suitable payment...

Yep, this isn't a bargain, dont know if id be bragging about what is essentially theft should you choose to keep the goods.

I have notified them, and was always planning to. I told the sales rep in my first reply (last Tuesday) that I'd already received a tracking number and she told me it was automatic. Still kept an eye on it throughout the week hoping the parcel would turn around at some stage.

My main concern now is being stuck with return postage. I'll have to wait and see what they say when they get back to me, but as it is I don't think I'll be buying from Polaris in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

There’s always a holy joe ready to pounce. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

Thanks for that - got a Wahoo KickR Core on Black Friday and only noticed afterwards there's none included so sorted

That's because you don't need one with direct drive trainers. The back wheel isn't raised off the ground, so you don't need a block to level it out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,537 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

I'd offer them the original amount quoted. If they seek the delivery costs then I'd tell them I'm ignoring them until they drop that expectation.
    this.
    plus if they want the extra items back, it should be up to them to arrange collection. sending the delivery at all was their mistake, sending it twice compounded the error.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Or I'd notify them and if they want to arrange a courier to collect at a time and place of convenience to myself, fair enough. He refused the finalisation of sale, no way he should out of pocket for them being cheap skates and not just accepting the error.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

So....do they sell bikes or campagnolo bora wheelsets? Asking for a friend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭thejaguar

I have notified them, and was always planning to. I told the sales rep in my first reply (last Tuesday) that I'd already received a tracking number and she told me it was automatic. Still kept an eye on it throughout the week hoping the parcel would turn around at some stage.

My main concern now is being stuck with return postage. I'll have to wait and see what they say when they get back to me, but as it is I don't think I'll be buying from Polaris in the future.

I was actually only joking - didn't think I'd start what I did! Apologies if I seemed to question your character.

FWIW - I'd tell them where they can collect the items and let them figure it out from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,217 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Only 56 left but this is a fantastic deal on a beginner bike

https://www.evanscycles.com/cannondale-caad-optimo-tiagra-2019-road-bike-EV338203?xid=249371&awc=1302_1576151168_c03096a73a61ff7e9cc1371126578443&utm_source=awin&utm_campaign=249371&utm_medium=Affiliate

Let's see what the election results do to sterling tonight too - a big Tory win and things might go up

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭disco1

Sunomy gun wind helmets 79 euros from from 199.99 on irish site Cycle tribe. Excellent lid and very good irish site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

If anyone spots a deal on the Garmin edge range it'd be greatly appreciated, missed the deals at black Friday.

Edge 520 Plus for €169 on alltricks.fr.
    I've bought wheels from them in the past so can vouch for them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,217 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Good sale in Polaris Bike Wear - a lot of things like gloves, socks, arm warmers and overshoes for 2/3/5£.

Had a load of stuff in my basket that I didn't need - cancelled when I saw delivery was 5.99 to Parcel Wizard or 12.99 direct.

https://www.polaris-bikewear.co.uk/category-s/1622.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭declan_8

As above, some good bargains here, picked myself up a Softshell for small money and there’s lots of gear going cheap.

http://www.cyclestore.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

SKS bluemels 700/35 from €27 plus p&p @ Evans Cycles. Other offers online also.

declan_8 wrote: »
    As above, some good bargains here, picked myself up a Softshell for small money and there’s lots of gear going cheap.

Cheers ordered 2 pairs of shoes for herself to replace a worn out pair she uses day to day commuting for the same price as we paid for same pair this time last year!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Giant store in Dublin are offering a free safety check, think these are normally between 15 and 25 euro:

http://www.giant-dublin.ie/ie/news/giant-dublin-are-offering-free-safety-checks-on-all-brands-of-bike-during-january/24784

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

For anyone with AIB rewards, you can get 4% back on your registered card for the next 10 days I think when buying something here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Giant store in Dublin are offering a free safety check, think these are normally between 15 and 25 euro:

Booked for 18th they said might have to leave the bike there...let's see how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭Ryath

4% cash back with Bank of Ireland Visa rewards till the 11th with them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,315 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

my local aldi has the floor to ceiling bike stands reduced from 49.99 to 14.99

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

my local aldi has the floor to ceiling bike stands reduced from 49.99 to 14.99
    Can't see anything listed on aldi.ie

• Advertisement

Can't see anything listed on aldi.ie
    It was available a few months ago so the price drop is to get rid of stock. It may only be still available in some stores. The specials stay on the Aldi IE website for a few weeks, here it is on the UK site.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement