Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

Is it just me whose heart skips a beat this time of the year when they get the notification that there is new posts in this thread?
    Every time I reckon this is the one bargain that is finally going to cause a divorce (maybe next time I'll get lucky :) )
    I know in my heart of hearts that I will buy a shed load of unecessary stuff between the black friday and christmas/New year sales.

Keep up the good work scouring the internet guys and Girls.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

wheelo01 wrote: »
    Is it just me whose heart skips a beat this time of the year when they get the notification that there is new posts in this thread?
    Every time I reckon this is the one bargain that is finally going to cause a divorce (maybe next time I'll get lucky :) )
    I know in my heart of hearts that I will buy a shed load of unecessary stuff between the black friday and christmas/New year sales.

Keep up the good work scouring the internet guys and Girls.

MOD VOICE: I 100% agree but to stifle the onslaught of reports about your post, it is best not to post unless it is about a bargain or discussing a bargain or else the mods get a load of reported messages complaining that posters heart skipped a beat for no reason.I don't care but some people are really touchy about it. On a similar note, if I ever want a divorce, i will just show my partner the list of things I bought and never mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭Fian

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/black-weekend-sale/1080p-action-camera-i67002/p32156

Itek "go-pro" clone for €30.

It is 1080p, very little information beyond that in terms of battery etc.

Think I might pick it up regardless, as a preventative measure mainly. Hoping seeing that on top of my helmet will reduce close passes/bad behaviour. Hope it is not heavy.

Edit:

Seems it is indeed lightweigh - 54grams.

Littlewoods also selling it for €34 and they include specs. 90mins battery, waterproof to 100m, and .12 lbs (=54 grams)

https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/itek-1080p-action-camera/1600195609.prd

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Fian wrote: »
    https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/black-weekend-sale/1080p-action-camera-i67002/p32156

Itek "go-pro" clone for €30.

It is 1080p, very little information beyond that in terms of battery etc.

Think I might pick it up regardless, as a preventative measure mainly. Hoping seeing that on top of my helmet will reduce close passes/bad behaviour. Hope it is not heavy.

Edit:

Seems it is indeed lightweigh - 54grams.

Littlewoods also selling it for €34 and they include specs. 90mins battery, waterproof to 100m, and .12 lbs (=54 grams)

https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/itek-1080p-action-camera/1600195609.prd

This is a generic chinese cam that can be had for 15 quid or so from aliexpress/ gearbest etc etc. They are generally quite good to be honest, that battery life will be optimistic though.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

This is a generic chinese cam that can be had for 15 quid or so from aliexpress/ gearbest etc etc. They are generally quite good to be honest, that battery life will be optimistic though.
    It comes with a proper warranty in the sense that you can return it within say a year or so should it fail.
    Doubtful the Chinese sites would entertain that time length though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

It comes with a proper warranty in the sense that you can return it within say a year or so should it fail.
    Doubtful the Chinese sites would entertain that time length though.

Definitely not. Any of them I've had have been reliable, they're pretty bulletproof in the waterproof housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Vittoria Zaffiro Bike Tyre 700 x 25c are BOGOF in Halfords. €10.70 for a pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭nilhg

Elite Zumo for £399 in UK Halfords inc NI

https://www.halfords.com/cycling/turbo-trainers/trainers/elite-zumo-smart-interactive-turbo-trainer

Gets quite a high rating from GPLama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWh_dSiS-uA

Actually it's come down in the south as well €478 which is pretty much the same price if you take the different VAT rate into account.

https://www.halfords.ie/cycling/turbo-trainers/trainers/elite-zumo-smart-interactive-turbo-trainer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

nilhg wrote: »
    Elite Zumo for £399 in UK Halfords inc NI

https://www.halfords.com/cycling/turbo-trainers/trainers/elite-zumo-smart-interactive-turbo-trainer

Gets quite a high rating from GPLama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWh_dSiS-uA

Actually it's come down in the south as well €478 which is pretty much the same price if you take the different VAT rate into account.

https://www.halfords.ie/cycling/turbo-trainers/trainers/elite-zumo-smart-interactive-turbo-trainer

Is that a pre firmware update one, or old stock check out DC rainmaker for details

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭nilhg

lennymc wrote: »
    Is that a pre firmware update one, or old stock check out DC rainmaker for details

No idea, but presumably they are all the same hardware and firmware can be easily updated via an app

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Good review on the fit file podcast from the guys anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭RunDMC

Garmin RTL510 Radar tail-light now 40% off at Amazon UK

This one is a good deal brighter than the original. I thought radar was a gimmick until I used it and now I'm convinced. No use on the commute, but great on country roads.

R

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Nice merino base layers 33 euro on Wiggle - I have two, and they are some of the nicest merino base layers out there...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

brownian wrote: »
    Nice merino base layers 33 euro on Wiggle - I have two, and they are some of the nicest merino base layers out there...

Got one and wore it to the rugby yesterday under the jersey and it was much better than any base layer I've used before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Bambaata

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

No - got one with a zip but yeah same make

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Bambaata wrote: »

I've the previous version of that and find it excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

I've the previous version of that and find it excellent.

Out of interest too.. I was in Pyrenees cycling a few weeks back and it was fairly chilly. I had a regular Under Armour "coldgear" top under my Castelli jacket and I found it fine.. did indeed get sweaty and cold as a result, and was difficult getting back going again after the coffee stops; but no different to how my DHB merino buff was.. i.e. was just as damp and cold.

Anyone add on the benefits the merino base layer may have over the under armour top etc?

Thanks.. I am tempted by the DHB merino top but wondering is it another way of stripping more Black Friday cash out of me.. :eek:

This could be an expensive week.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Out of interest too.. I was in Pyrenees cycling a few weeks back and it was fairly chilly. I had a regular Under Armour "coldgear" top under my Castelli jacket and I found it fine.. did indeed get sweaty and cold as a result, and was difficult getting back going again after the coffee stops; but no different to how my DHB merino buff was.. i.e. was just as damp and cold.

Anyone add on the benefits the merino base layer may have over the under armour top etc?

Thanks.. I am tempted by the DHB merino top but wondering is it another way of stripping more Black Friday cash out of me.. :eek:

This could be an expensive week.. :D

At risk of being 'this is not a bargain!'ed, the major difference is being able to wear merino for several days with no bad smells. Merino does not dry very fast, and is no better, in my experience, than UA or other poly**** plastic tops in terms of wicking. But it's cosy to wear off the bike, too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Extra info on the Elite Zumo.
    It's very much the same as told by the Elite rep in the comment section of DC Rainmaker review. Not many units with hardware revision 1 and 2 were sent out or gone by now. Halfords stocks the latest which is rev. 3 manufactured in July 2019 and the firmware is the second last, can be upgraded to the latest. So should be all good for the future user.
    I'm looking forward to trying the trainer as this weather it's not for me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

padyjoe wrote: »
    Extra info on the Elite Zumo.
    It's very much the same as told by the Elite rep in the comment section of DC Rainmaker review. Not many units with hardware revision 1 and 2 were sent out or gone by now. Halfords stocks the latest which is rev. 3 manufactured in July 2019 and the firmware is the second last, can be upgraded to the latest. So should be all good for the future user.
    I'm looking forward to trying the trainer as this weather it's not for me.

I reserved one to collect but no show yet. Was due yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

<snip>

Mod Note: This is a bargain thread ONLY! NO recommendations, non bargain chat not allowed. If you are looking for recommendations use the search function or start a new thread.

Back to bargains only.
    Ta. eeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

https://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/Deal.asp?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email

Pearl Izumi Pursuit Thermal Mens Bib Tights
    Using Thermal Fleece fabric featuring water-shedding PI Dry™ technology

Now€75.00 + Free Postage to Ireland and UK
    Was€169.00

one day offer so gone now !

• Registered Users Posts: 23,411 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Bicycle shaped object with carbon fibre forks for €220
    Argos

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

I See the Hammerhead Karoo is discounted to €229 for black Friday. I have been contemplating a move from garmin to this or the sigma. This price is tempting

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Stolen Goat have 30% most things. Their Orkaan Jerseys are very highly regarded as a Gabba alternative. Short sleeves are between 65-70 and available in various sizes. Long sleeves are bit more limited size wise and about £20 dearer

https://stolengoat.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mockba

godtabh wrote: »
    I reserved one to collect but no show yet. Was due yesterday

I got an Elite Zumo yesterday. I ordered on line and went to collect it. I asked about getting the AXA discount so I got another 15% of . so I got it for €411.00 in total

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement