Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

i wonder is it worth getting a 3 sim for 10% off also

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Mockba wrote: »
    I got an Elite Zumo yesterday. I ordered on line and went to collect it. I asked about getting the AXA discount so I got another 15% of . so I got it for €411.00 in total

I see the voucher is readily available on line. Is the voucher all that they need?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,366 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

maybe an option if anyone is looking for some cheap SPD compatible shoes (but i suspect the chances of them ever having been at €105 are nil) - there's not much of a recess for the cleat though, so a bit of duck walking is probably likely. in sports direct, spotted these in charlestown.

496387.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,272 ✭✭✭Macy0161

godtabh wrote: »
    I see the voucher is readily available on line. Is the voucher all that they need?
    Carrickmines have asked me to produce the card, and show to CCTV behind the counter the last two times I've used my axa discount. Used to be just a quick look of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mockba

I reserved one to collect but no show yet. Was due yesterday

Yes.

• Advertisement

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Carrickmines have asked me to produce the card, and show to CCTV behind the counter the last two times I've used my axa discount. Used to be just a kick look of it.
    Mockba wrote: »
    Yes.

Going to carrickmines to collect hopefully today.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Frankirish

Cionn wrote: »
    I See the Hammerhead Karoo is discounted to €229 for black Friday. I have been contemplating a move from garmin to this or the sigma. This price is tempting

Works out at €237.31 with the current exchange rate.......just after pulling the plug on one. Thanks for the tip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭padyjoe

i wonder is it worth getting a 3 sim for 10% off also

Yes.

That Halfords code has a 30th November expiry though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Carrickmines have asked me to produce the card, and show to CCTV behind the counter the last two times I've used my axa discount. Used to be just a quick look of it.

I took the insurance disc out of the car as the card never arrived., always accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Weepsie wrote: »
    Stolen Goat have 30% most things. Their Orkaan Jerseys are very highly regarded as a Gabba alternative. Short sleeves are between 65-70 and available in various sizes. Long sleeves are bit more limited size wise and about £20 dearer

https://stolengoat.com/

Is there a code needed as no discount appearing for me?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

There's a button at checkout to add the discount

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

There's a button at checkout to add the discount

Saw that after. What's sizing like compared to the likes of a gabba?

padyjoe wrote: »
    Yes.

That Halfords code has a 30th November expiry though.

Picked up this evening with an extra 10%.

Saw that after. What's sizing like compared to the likes of a gabba?

About the same, but feels a bit stretchier and a bit more forgiving. I've an XL gabba and an L Orkaan

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

A set of Cyliq Fly12, Fly6 and 2 32GB SD cards to go with them for €355 including delivery from Cycliq themselves. I've been waiting for a price drop on Amazon but this works out much cheaper than anywhere I've seen lately.

https://cycliq.com/blackfriday_sale

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Hi

just wondering if anyone has spotted a deal on MIPS helmets for road cycling - i had one ordered from Evans at 95 pounds - a giro cinder one, but it got damaged in transit and was sent back by the courier. they couldn't ship another one as that was the last one in stock at that price. so still on the look out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

who_ru wrote: »
    Hi

just wondering if anyone has spotted a deal on MIPS helmets for road cycling - i had one ordered from Evans at 95 pounds - a giro cinder one, but it got damaged in transit and was sent back by the courier. they couldn't ship another one as that was the last one in stock at that price. so still on the look out.

The Cinder is here https://www.merlincycles.com/giro-cinder-mips-road-bike-helmet-2019-129026.html for £109, alternatively, while availability varies depends on size, some other options for you....

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/rapha-helmet-hk-/rp-prod178526

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/giro-savant-mips-helmet/rp-prod128415

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/giro-foray-mips-helmet-2019/rp-prod143027

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Some good deals on shoes on cyclesurgery, esp for womens.
    https://www.cyclesurgery.com/c/sale/black-friday/footwear.html

Road and off road to choose from, eg:

496421.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Hurrache wrote: »
    A set of Cyliq Fly12, Fly6 and 2 32GB SD cards to go with them for €355 including delivery from Cycliq themselves. I've been waiting for a price drop on Amazon but this works out much cheaper than anywhere I've seen lately.

https://cycliq.com/blackfriday_sale

What about VAT and duty on these? There was a time the shipped from outside of EU.

Edit: seems to be included but I would be wary on the duty front.
    Good deal! Thanks to OP

That's something that never dawned on me! Although it does ask you to confirm your country but I dunno if that makes a difference, I hope bloody not.

Edit, the goods are shipped from Hong Kong, I guess they will be subject to duty?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

When I add a fly12 to my cart it says: "Total
    (includes EUR 38.40 VAT estimated for Ireland)"

Now just need to justify spending 200quid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Hurrache wrote: »
    That's something that never dawned on me! Although it does ask you to confirm your country but I dunno if that makes a difference, I hope bloody not.

Edit, the goods are shipped from Hong Kong, I guess they will be subject to duty?

Duty may apply. You would need the TARIC code to see what rate applies. VAT would be on top of the price incl Duty and shipping.

I've mailed them anyway for clarification, like Seth says the order page includes what they estimate as VAT for Ireland so if they have that I guess they may have some sort of arrangement to pay the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,411 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Free delivery from Decathlon
    Stock up on those €1.45 tubes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Assioma duo pedal power meter for 639. I have these about 18 months and have had no issues with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

lennymc wrote: »
    Assioma duo pedal power meter for 639. I have these about 18 months and have had no issues with them.

second that. although the bearings in one sound a little off. but you can replace the pedal body for less than 70 quid.

the power readings are as accurate as a previous Power2Max i owned and the inbuilt turbo on my Bkool.

Fly 12 is cheaper on Merlin, and cheaper again on Sportspursuit. No memory card, but they're very cheap anyway without a potential surprise for any import charges

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Fly 12 is cheaper on Merlin, and cheaper again on Sportspursuit. No memory card, but they're very cheap anyway without a potential surprise for any import charges
    €211 delivered on Sportspursuit - deadly

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

Primal are doing 50% off almost everything. Free delivery over €60. Good stuff to be got.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

SNIP

Mod Note: LAST TIME. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST THREAD!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement