Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

markkelly2 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen any bargains on lights this year. I need to get something sorted soon. Thanks in advance.

hard to beat the cree lights from ebay IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭Masala

The_Sub wrote: »
    hard to beat the cree lights from ebay IMO

Hi... any specific model??? Any link to same??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭Masala

Thanks Sub... looks good to me. Need a new Front light and was looking for something that is re-chargeable.

• Advertisement

Did anyone get their belkin order through parcelmotel? Did it actually work?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Allabaah

Just got the bib trousers for commuting in Lidl today. Similar to the Aldi ones last year with somewhat less padding.

http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=11653

Took a gamble and took the Large size and being 178cm they were spot on.

Got the 2nd last chain cleaner in Blanchardstown but lots of jackets & shorts left.

Does that work out cheaper, delivery via Parcelmotel address in the UK & avoiding VAT?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

Allabaah wrote: »
    Does that work out cheaper, delivery via Parcelmotel address in the UK & avoiding VAT?

The problem was that their ordering system would only accept a UK address. You still pay the VAT.

I have got an email from them confirming dispatch and giving a tracking number for the first order I put in but not for a second order I made a few hours later. Technically it was the next day so we will see if it go's through.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Just got the bib trousers for commuting in Lidl today. Similar to the Aldi ones last year with somewhat less padding.

Would that the the Crane "Performance" ones with the foot stirrup and red trim? Those were on sale quite recently... and indeed, if your're a midget, there's a ton of them still in my nearest Aldi... Those were pretty good (not that I'm any expert or have a lot of basis for comparison).

• Advertisement

alaimacerc wrote: »
    Would that the the Crane "Performance" ones with the foot stirrup and red trim? Those were on sale quite recently... and indeed, if your're a midget, there's a ton of them still in my nearest Aldi... Those were pretty good (not that I'm any expert or have a lot of basis for comparison).

I don't think so. They were Crane but not foot stirrup or red trim. Just black trousers with the standard odd splattering of reflective trim.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭bren_mc

My order appeared to go through ok - I got a confirmation email etc. However yesterday I got an email saying there was a problem with the transaction and they gave me a number to ring. When I rang, they told me that their policy is not to deliver to a "shipping company address". I asked if it was possible to somehow place an order with a Republic of Ireland address. The girl who answered didn't know but gave me another number to ring. However as they now appear to have sold out of medium size, I haven't bothered following up.

That's disappointing as I was just going to order some myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Ciaran OHara

What is the belkin stuff people are talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

clog wrote: »
    Team Belkin sell off code BELKINBTS14 for an extra 20% off. Shorts and jersey for £28 inc postage (I could only get them sent to UK though)

http://www.belkin.com/uk/factory-store/

Be warned you seem to need a UK address and a UK registered VISA.
    Although some have had trouble with that.

I tired and my order never went through and the funds are still locked up (UK address, Irish Visa Debit)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Dont worry - its just this years Argos-Shimano feeding frenzy :)

Yeah well thought I've given it a go. £54 for 2 large bib shorts and 2 medium jerseys plus a free tee and a sticker. Can't go wrong I hope.

Doubled up as the discount code didn't work and had to spend over £40 for free shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

Yeah well thought I've given it a go. £54 for 2 large bib shorts and 2 medium jerseys plus a free tee and a sticker. Can't go wrong I hope.

Doubled up as the discount code didn't work and had to spend over £40 for free shipping.

Did you use a UK address and UK Visa card?

mathie wrote: »
    Did you use a UK address and UK Visa card?

Yes. I live in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭caol ila

bren_mc wrote: »
    My order appeared to go through ok - I got a confirmation email etc. However yesterday I got an email saying there was a problem with the transaction and they gave me a number to ring. When I rang, they told me that their policy is not to deliver to a "shipping company address". I asked if it was possible to somehow place an order with a Republic of Ireland address. The girl who answered didn't know but gave me another number to ring. However as they now appear to have sold out of medium size, I haven't bothered following up.

re parcel motel,same thing happened to me, have just tried again with my parents address in Scotland, waiting to see

• Advertisement

caol ila wrote: »
    my parents address in Scotland

That anyplace near Port Askaig? *licks lips reflexively*

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

Good prices on Belkin, Orica and others http://www.prendas.co.uk/sale-items.html?p=6

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

I don't know if anyone has used one of these, but they seem a good deal, (certainly if the RRP is to be believed).

Halfords Bikehut Folding Bike Workstand -
    €40.00
    WAS €134.99 *
    SAVE €94.99 (70%)

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/tools-maintenance/bike-tools/bikehut-folding-bike-workstand#tab1

Also, Muc-Off 3 in 1 Essential Bike Care Kit €5.00

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/tools-maintenance/cleaning-lube/muc-off-3-in-1-essential-bike-care-kit#tab1

I don't know if anyone has used one of these, but they seem a good deal, (certainly if the RRP is to be believed).

Halfords Bikehut Folding Bike Workstand -
    €40.00
    WAS €134.99 *
    SAVE €94.99 (70%)

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/tools-maintenance/bike-tools/bikehut-folding-bike-workstand#tab1

Also, Muc-Off 3 in 1 Essential Bike Care Kit €5.00

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/tools-maintenance/cleaning-lube/muc-off-3-in-1-essential-bike-care-kit#tab1

The folding bike stand seems OK as I had looked at them before instore. For €40 its worth a shot.

The folding bike stand seems OK as I had looked at them before instore. For €40 its worth a shot.

Here is a site referencing it @ £109 !!!

http://www.bikesplanet.co.uk/bikehut-folding-bike-workstand/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

I have that bike stand, its a bargain at 40. Heavy and good quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

Any LBS in Dublin have good deals on 700 tubes? Want to make sure I've got some for a couple of spins this weekend.

OK, this is the exact opposite of a "bargain alert" -- more of a "sleeping through the alarm". But, did someone here mention bike oil on offer someplace for (I think it was) €2.50? I was thinking "current Lidl cycling offers", but that doesn't seem to be the one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

alaimacerc wrote: »
    OK, this is the exact opposite of a "bargain alert" -- more of a "sleeping through the alarm". But, did someone here mention bike oil on offer someplace for (I think it was) €2.50? I was thinking "current Lidl cycling offers", but that doesn't seem to be the one.

Aldi roscommon had 3 in 1 oil for €2.49 for 200 ml a few weeks back. It wasn't on offer just stuck in the aisles beside lawnmowers, cheeses and razors!! Great shop aldi :P

• Advertisement

Uncle Ben wrote: »
    Aldi roscommon had 3 in 1 oil for €2.49 for 200 ml a few weeks back. It wasn't on offer just stuck in the aisles beside lawnmowers, cheeses and razors!! Great shop aldi :P

That was the one, I think! Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement