Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭scott.s

What height are you? I have a 54 Foil and about 6ft tall.

Allows me to run a large drop from saddle to bars

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Giro Saros helmet 60% off with Merlin, down to £40:

http://www.merlincycles.com/giro-saros-helmet-60661.html

Not one for big-headed cyclists though, only available in small.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭breanach78

scott.s wrote: »

5 11. Was on a 54 and 56 riding they side by side comparison and the 54 just did not feel right.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

scott.s wrote: »

What size stem did you put on it? I am 5ft10" and have a 54 with a 100mm stem and it fits me perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭fat bloke

penguin88 wrote: »
    Giro Saros helmet 60% off with Merlin, down to £40:

http://www.merlincycles.com/giro-saros-helmet-60661.html

Not one for big-headed cyclists though, only available in small.

Any big heads looking for a lid I've a virtually new s-works for sale. Lightest lid I've ever seen 215g or something silly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

g0g wrote: »

Had me worried there until I realised it was priced in pounds. Just upgraded to an 800 and got a recon unit plus a load of extras for 135, which with postage cost me around 180 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Had me worried there until I realised it was priced in pounds. Just upgraded to an 800 and got a recon unit plus a load of extras for 135, which with postage cost me around 180 euro

Was that ebay or another online shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭scott.s

Inquitus wrote: »
    What size stem did you put on it? I am 5ft10" and have a 54 with a 100mm stem and it fits me perfectly.

Currently riding a 120mm on it with 20mm of spacers, but I got a bike fit last week and I've ordered a 130mm Fizik stem. Will also be moving to 2 5mm spacers with a view to removing them one at a time to get to 0 space.

I've got pretty decent flexibility though so the position may be too aggressive for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭CH3OH

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92168739&postcount=8156

I posted this in Bargain alerts. May be of interest

Tesco have a range of cycling stuff reduced to clear.
    as in the above post

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭bren_mc

Lidl have some led light sets in next Thursday. Very similar looking to some of the knog lights.

http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=12928

24811wk3814_01_f.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

On the Tesco Mug Off deals, checked Tesco this morning and very little left in Arklow

bp_me wrote: »
    Was that ebay or another online shop?

It was an eBay shop in the States with a buy it now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I used that muc off pack from halfords this morning.

Excellent stuff altogether. Great for cleaning white bar tape.

Lube is great as well no sticky mess. All good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Not sure if it's a bargain, but it might appeal to the more social/sportive rider :)
    Spotted at Interbike, Bike wine rack
    Bicycle-Wine-Rack-square-tight_grande.jpg?v=1398974024

• Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Whoever sanctioned that picture with the bars looking like that, should be sacked.

Right now.

Or have the bars inserted in them.

Or both.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kneejerk

fat bloke wrote: »
    Whoever sanctioned that picture with the bars looking like that, should be sacked.

Right now.

Or have the bars inserted in them.

Or both.

Ha ha! Was thinking the exact same thing. There shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 33,193 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Aldi seem to have another cycling sale coming soon.

Although this is UK link for 25th Sept, I am sure the stuff will be on sale in Ireland too.

http://catalog.aldi.com/emag/en_GB/print/Week39UKLeaflet/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

NIMAN wrote: »
    Aldi seem to have another cycling sale coming soon.

Although this is UK link for 25th Sept, I am sure the stuff will be on sale in Ireland too.

http://catalog.aldi.com/emag/en_GB/print/Week39UKLeaflet/

Here is the irish one,

http://catalog.aldi.com/emag/en_IE/print/Week39IELeaflet/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

what, it's been like 3 weeks since the last one? they must be selling out every time to keep bringing it back so quickly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

Not sure if it's a misprice (or something else?) Wiggle(€41.03) or CRC (€7.99) - Elite Paron Bottle Cage (Weight 30g). Have 2 on the way from CRC for the new bike.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Decent price for decent wheels

Zondas for £225 using blank10 discount code

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

The waterproof socks look interesting.
    The reviews are really good.
    Other sites have these for more than twice the price.
    Anyone using them ?
    The_Sub wrote: »

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

dfdream wrote: »
    The waterproof socks look interesting.
    The reviews are really good.
    Other sites have these for more than twice the price.
    Anyone using them ?

Tempted but I don't want to turn into this guy
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/cyclist-friend-explains-necessity-of-35-socks,18259/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Kinet1c wrote: »
    Not sure if it's a misprice (or something else?) Wiggle(€41.03) or CRC (€7.99) - Elite Paron Bottle Cage (Weight 30g). Have 2 on the way from CRC for the new bike.

I suspect that the one on CRC is the composite/plastic model of the cage. The text says it is carbon fibre but the photo looks more like the composite one shown here.

It wouldn't be the first time that CRC put the wrong text against a picture - a few weeks back they were advertising a set of wheels whose picture was for one model but whose text was for a much better model of the same wheelset. Depending on whether you believed the picture or the text you'd either be getting an average set of wheels for an average price or a good set of wheels for a phenomenal price. I mailed them to ask which it was, they told me the text was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

doozerie wrote: »
    I suspect that the one on CRC is the composite/plastic model of the cage. The text says it is carbon fibre but the photo looks more like the composite one shown here.

It wouldn't be the first time that CRC put the wrong text against a picture - a few weeks back they were advertising a set of wheels whose picture was for one model but whose text was for a much better model of the same wheelset. Depending on whether you believed the picture or the text you'd either be getting an average set of wheels for an average price or a good set of wheels for a phenomenal price. I mailed them to ask which it was, they told me the text was wrong.

Easy to check when you receive it, 30g it says

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Cianmcliam

The_Sub wrote: »

Interesting, it says their HRM strap included with the watch/monitor works with many other devices. Anyone tried to pair one with a Garmin or similar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

doozerie wrote: »

Actually just arrived today, tis the composite. Still happy with the product and it's price.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭bren_mc

Kinet1c wrote: »

maybe the wiggle one deserves a place in the hopelessly overpriced thread:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

thanks for the aldi heads up, gonna grab the stand if there is any left on sat week(im away). would be perfect for the shed
    W39_PD_Thursday_New_UL41_48142348a0.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement