Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kildare75

db76 wrote: »
    How much for these? Would they pair with forerunner 405?

My add is up on adverts.ie. yes according to garmin it is possible to pair to your forerunner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭fat bloke

seany15 wrote: »
    i have one of these, though it cost a lot more from CRC, wish id seen this. Great deal, great computer, but the bracket broke in half and computer fell the other day. Wishing I'd got the out front arm now. But still highly recommended, does everything a garmin 500 does.

Does it do power? Doesn't mention it on the site there if it pairs to a powertap or not. If it does I'm in, great price

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

Does it do strava

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

12 element wrote: »
    Do you find yours good? Can you do cadence and HRM at the same time? Some reviews seems to suggest you can't.

Yes you can measure both at the same time. I had a 20E but upgraded to the 35 which is comparable to the garmin 500 but a lot cheaper.

fat bloke wrote: »
    Does it do power? Doesn't mention it on the site there if it pairs to a powertap or not. If it does I'm in, great price

It doesn't do power. You'll need the Bryton 35 or higher for power readings.

• Advertisement

3102derek wrote: »
    Does it do strava

Yes you can upload to Strava from the Bryton website.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭seany15

CJC999 wrote: »
    Yes you can upload to Strava from the Bryton website.

You don't even need to go through the bryton site. Save them as .tcx files and straight to strava from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Get In There

12 element wrote: »
    Do you find yours good? Can you do cadence and HRM at the same time? Some reviews seems to suggest you can't.

I find it grand and easy to use. It's my first proper GPS computer (I had a one from LIDL which I found absolutely brutal so this one is a dream to use by comparison).

I haven't really played with the cadence as I keep forgetting to link it with the device before I cycle! I just need to get into a routine of doing it. I have used them both the once and they've worked grand together.

I find it grand and easy to use. It's my first proper GPS computer (I had a one from LIDL which I found absolutely brutal so this one is a dream to use by comparison).

I haven't really played with the cadence as I keep forgetting to link it with the device before I cycle! I just need to get into a routine of doing it. I have used them both the once and they've worked grand together.

You don't need to pair the cadence sensor and the meter each time. Once you register the cadence or HRM sensor with the meter they automatically connect each time afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Wiggle are selling the Blackburn Super Flea front light for 18euro: Link

That is an excellent price. I bought one of these a year or so ago (not from Wiggle) and it promised lots but the battery simply wouldn't hold a charge and it drove me mad. It sat in a drawer for months until I finally got the finger out and returned it, and was sent a replacement. The replacement has been excellent, it holds its charge for weeks at a time. It's a great light, small, light, bright, and its run times have so far exceeded the claimed ones. I'd recommend it and have since bought some more of them.

The Super Flea rear light is great too, incidentally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

Decent price for DT Swiss wheels.

Apparently only until 11 o'clock this evening though.

http://www.rosebikes.com/article/dt-swiss-r24-spline-28700-c-road-wheel-set/aid:715310

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Good Groupon deal at the moment... sunglasses with 5 interchangeable lenses, neck strap, polish cloth and case. €25, free delivery. Apparently worth nearly €80.

http://www.groupon.ie/deals/special/gg-groupon-goods-global-gmb-h-1842/40584916

Good Groupon deal at the moment... sunglasses with 5 interchangeable lenses, neck strap, polish cloth and case. €25, free delivery. Apparently worth nearly €80.

http://www.groupon.ie/deals/special/gg-groupon-goods-global-gmb-h-1842/40584916

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

codie wrote: »

Looks like them alright, but add postage and you'd be paying more than €25 I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

Looks like them alright, but add postage and you'd be paying more than €25 I'd say.

You might pay a little more but point I was making is I dont think they were ever €80 and not really a bargain if amazon have them listed at that price.Probably could get them cheaper again if you searched web.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

Yup, postage to Ireland is £15! Total cost €43.63

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

those glasses look like ebay listing "Rockbros"

http://bit.ly/1snUZ57 @ €21 inc delivery - only drawback is it will take longer

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

those glasses look like ebay listing "Rockbros"

http://bit.ly/1snUZ57 @ €21 inc delivery - only drawback is it will take longer

Think these are the same: http://www.dx.com/p/nuckily-pa01-uv400-protection-outdoor-cycling-polarized-sunglasses-goggles-yellow-red-314171#.U6Gn8bEwCaQ

€16.76 delivered but you'll be waiting about a month at least.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

LIDL have Nespresso capsules 10 for 1.99.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

CramCycle wrote: »
    LIDL have Nespresso capsules 10 for 1.99.

The Lungo is shíte, but the Espresso and Ristretto are decent enough, better than any of the other knockoffs I have tried like Café Pod.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,348 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

aldi donegal town have all the cycling gear (except mitts ) half price including th epremium gear that wa sin a few weeks ago

€9.49 for one of these

aldi%20jerseys.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

Did I see someone on here with a spare cadence sensor for sale?

Scratch that - Halfords actually gave me the bundle box rather than just the HR box :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Vitus getting in on the "Ultegra 11 full carbon for less than €1500" act with the Venon VRS. Shimano must be offering some insane prices prices to manufacturers for that Ultegra groupset at the minute for them to be making any margain on these bikes.

Cracking looking bike as well.

1395234967038-4nby7aw80bgq-700-80.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

The planet x is better with a full 6800

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭seany15

godtabh wrote: »

link??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Pro Carbon Its often on sale for £999

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Seaneh wrote: »
    Shimano must be offering some insane prices prices to manufacturers for that Ultegra groupset at the minute for them to be making any margain on these bikes.

or they've been making huge profit on them at our expense for years

that depends how highly you rate the planetx frame

no better/no worse than a Vitus

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

no better/no worse than a Vitus

not sure all would agree there, but those that don't like one always have the other, both nicely priced

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement