Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I picked up 2 not so long ago for €12.80 (10% off with axa card)

I guess it depends on where you're located Halfords in Dublin probably sell out but down the shticks they have them or order some in.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭paulgs

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I picked up 2 not so long ago for €12.80 (10% off with axa card)

I guess it depends on where you're located Halfords in Dublin probably sell out but down the shticks they have them or order some in.

I might just buy 20 of them and sell them on at a modest markup, will get free delivery then for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

paulgs wrote: »
    I might just buy 20 of them and sell them on at a modest markup, will get free delivery then for sure.

In stock in Carlow if you want some I can pick them up and you collect city west end of the week no problem.

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    In stock in Carlow if you want some I can pick them up and you collect city west end of the week no problem.

Thanks for the offer but I actually ordered 3 already. They have been the only 2 in stock showing for a long time anywhere near Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭nilhg

Any idea how long they usually run the discount for??
    Trying to spread out my splurges

last time it was a few weeks then they went up by about €30 with another jump a few weeks later.

Splurge today, wait longer the next time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Get In There

Am I missing something? What's so special about this bottle? How is it superior to your run of the mill bottle-say a high 5 one?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭seany15

Am I missing something? What's so special about this bottle? How is it superior to your run of the mill bottle-say a high 5 one?

the inside walls are infused with EPO

Its a bottle you can put juice in it and drink it in that regard it is no different to a high five one, it dies have a fancy one way valve and is made of bpa plastic so there is no plastic taste from your drink. Personally I would not pay twele quid for one first two I got from halfords for 7 e each and I just bought 3 from Amazon, hence the post for a fiver ish they are good value for money but at the end of the day they are only bottles. I would spend more time considering an ultegra 6750 chainset from merlin for a 126 euro also a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

The main difference is the valve on the Camelbak bottle, which means it doesn't leak (as much) and you don't have to manually open the valve to drink from it. Personally I find the Camelbak bottles very good and find regular valves a bit annoying by comparison when I switch back to them, but that's just personal preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

Not sure how much of a bargain or if they're any good but ...

dhb Trace Bib Short
    €29.40
    List price €59.99
    SAVE 51% = €30.59

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-trace-bib-short/?sku=5360522553

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭furiousox

De Rosa R838 Ultegra 11spd for E2780
    The same bike is E3500 on Evans website

https://bikeswanky.co.uk/bike/2014-de-rosa-r838-ultegra-11-speed-bike

(Is that the same frame as the Ribble stealth?)

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭jinkypolly

furiousox wrote: »
    De Rosa R838 Ultegra Di2 for E2780
    The same bike is E4750 with Evans

https://bikeswanky.co.uk/bike/2014-de-rosa-r838-ultegra-11-speed-bike

(Is that the same frame as the Ribble stealth?)

That's not Di2.

Think this is the correct link. https://bikeswanky.co.uk/bike/2014-de-rosa-r838-ultegra-di2-bike-demo

Whoops, sorry...too many tabs running at once. :o

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

is that shop called "bike swanky" or "bikes" something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

I had to look at that url several times too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭mosstin

I had to look at that url several times too.

So it does make you go blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭A Greedy Algorithm

mathie wrote: »
    Not sure how much of a bargain or if they're any good but ...

dhb Trace Bib Short
    €29.40
    List price €59.99
    SAVE 51% = €30.59

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-trace-bib-short/?sku=5360522553

I'm new to cycling and I'm looking for some bib shorts, i came across these on Wiggle myself and was wondering does anyone have then or know if they are worth the purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭jinkypolly

I'm new to cycling and I'm looking for some bib shorts, i came across these on Wiggle myself and was wondering does anyone have then or know if they are worth the purchase?

Yes, that's a good deal. DHB are Wiggles own brand and are good quality for a decent price. As you'll see they have a range of shorts depending on what you're willing to pay and these reflect the quality you'll get. I would recommend that if you're going to be cycling 80km and up, to spend a bit more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

If you click on your link there are customer reviews - looks good. Anything I have bought dhb branded from wiggle has exceeded my expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

as per wicklowrider, i have never had any issue with dhp stuff. have a pair of winter tights and a pair of bib shorts. Both comfy and good quality

• Advertisement

RE: bib shorts

I am just in the process of ordering a pair of these bib shorts - http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-trace-bib-short/ 36 euro.

I came across these for a similar price and was wondering does anyone have any advice on which may be the better of the 2?
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/shimano-bib-short-shimano/rp-prod122463 40 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Chiparus

I would go to a bricks and mortar shop, any I have ordered online have never fitted as well as the ones I bought in a shop.

Chiparus wrote: »
    I would go to a bricks and mortar shop, any I have ordered online have never fitted as well as the ones I bought in a shop.

Ok i will hit the LBS tomorrow and see whats available. I have read a lot of the reviews regarding the size and people opinions differ slightly. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

RE: bib shorts

I am just in the process of ordering a pair of these bib shorts - http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-trace-bib-short/ 36 euro.

I came across these for a similar price and was wondering does anyone have any advice on which may be the better of the 2?
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/shimano-bib-short-shimano/rp-prod122463 40 euro.

I have a set of tights from the Shimano originals range, and find the pads in any of my DHB kit better. Now admittedly the shimanos are a bit on the large side for me (misleading size guide, but bought them on clearance, so could have been worse), which can make the pad less secure/comfortable. It's worth nothing that those trace shorts seem to have a mid-range pad (Giro Air) rather than pure entry level, based on the below image from their Aeron Pro page:
    dhb-Aeron-Pro-Mens-Pad-Chart-14.jpg

Incidentally, on any of the DHB kit I've ordered (admittedly only a jersey, shorts and tights), the size guide has been spot on, and most people's accounts here are similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

nilhg wrote: »
    4thebike have Ksyrium Elites at €399 again, a couple of lads from our club have bought these and been very happy with the service.

http://www.4thebike.de/laufraeder/rennrad/aluminium/8756/mavic-ksyrium-elite-s-wts

My missus sends her regards, possibly a hitman.

You'd prefer a hitman to her on your doorstep tbh.

:/

(great price btw. no doubt tomorrow they will be available without the tyres etc)

Pete-Waterman-and-Michael-007.jpg

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

furiousox wrote: »
    Pete-Waterman-and-Michael-007.jpg

That brought back some memories... :)

Not all good :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Just let you know I've bought the Bryton 20 from Bike24. It arrived today. I think it was brand new, never charged, protector film on it but the seal was broken. They must've checked the content before sending it out. It works perfect still a good deal for a gps comp with hrm and cadence @ €67.5 and some postage. I ordered few other bits too what I needed. Happy so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Get In There

padyjoe wrote: »
    Just let you know I've bought the Bryton 20 from Bike24. It arrived today. I think it was brand new, never charged, protector film on it but the seal was broken. They must've checked the content before sending it out. It works perfect still a good deal for a gps comp with hrm and cadence @ €67.5 and some postage. I ordered few other bits too what I needed. Happy so far!

Good man. Nice to see a few people got on the bandwagon. Enjoy the device and it's accessories! Great value for the money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭nilhg

My missus sends her regards, possibly a hitman.

You'd prefer a hitman to her on your doorstep tbh.

:/

(great price btw. no doubt tomorrow they will be available without the tyres etc)

Hitmen cost money, ye'd be better spending that on your bike.....

Mrs Nilhg is well able to get her own hitman, not that she needs one, and has often pointed out the error of my ways, I feel your pain.

Enjoy the wheels.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement