Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

I have ordered my 5th pair!
    The good thing about them is that you can change the lenses between them. Invest less than a €10 and you have spare frames plus different lenses and the quality is really amazing compared to the expensive brands

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/400688431168?var=670234290131&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Nice one, two pairs of glasses for €4.50 and i don't even have to leave the house :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

Oldlegs wrote: »
    Last time I tried to order it was cancelled by the seller. No reason given. Any others have this experience ? At that price though, will just give it another go.

My last pair took from 2nd May til yesterday to get here - think he got REAL busy judging by the number sold since my first order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

I know you get what you pay for but what are the anti fogginess of these? I sweat. A lot.
    Still, worth a punt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

I know you get what you pay for but what are the anti fogginess of these? I sweat. A lot.
    Still, worth a punt

I find them no better and no worse than Rudy Kerosene and BBB and Tifosi glasses I've had over the last few years ( but they look cooler :D). They have never fogged up on me in use but do fog indoors If you put them on before you leave. There is no venting between lense and frame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

WillyFXP wrote: »

Easy change from campy to shimano freehub, they use Novatec type A freehub.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Aldi still have some gear from, not their last cycling stuff offer, but the one before. The Turner's Cross store had the bib tights at €6.99 -- with an actual printed price label this time, so I'm guessing that's a 'centralised' reduction, not just the ad hoc manager's specials and wildly inconsistent prices that were seen a while ago. The odd jacket, bottom layer, etc, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

alaimacerc wrote: »
    Aldi still have some gear from, not their last cycling stuff offer, but the one before. The Turner's Cross store had the bib tights at €6.99 -- with an actual printed price label this time, so I'm guessing that's a 'centralised' reduction, not just the ad hoc manager's specials and wildly inconsistent prices that were seen a while ago. The odd jacket, bottom layer, etc, too.

They're still €4.99 in the letterkenny stores as are the 'performance' jackets. Base layers are €2.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

CJC999 wrote: »
    They're still €4.99 in the letterkenny stores as are the 'performance' jackets. Base layers are €2.99.

Tad far for a shopping run for me, so slightly jealous. :)

Are those printed labels, or hand-scrawled ones with Type One Magic Marker? If the former, there goes my "national price" theory; if the latter, presumably they're now reduced everywhere at least to €6.99, but some may be sticking with a deep local reduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭trev44

Aghhh
    The zip broke on my altura ... I reckon every 2 nd person on this thread must have one so do ye have any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭mosstin

trev44 wrote: »
    Aghhh
    The zip broke on my altura ... I reckon every 2 nd person on this thread must have one so do ye have any suggestions?

Same happened to mine. Not the bargain they seemed I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Zorba wrote: »
    Nice one, two pairs of glasses for €4.50 and i don't even have to leave the house :)

ditto. pair of clear glasses and a pair of night glasses.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

EC7D2BB84ECD4FCA8402DB7B3ACF4EA8-0000314346-0003576449-00800L-7BEE3ABC4F2E42A6B6D4CDA3B81579D4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

trev44 wrote: »
    Aghhh

Easy enough to get a new zip and get it sewn in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

speaking of sunglasses anyone know good place to get replacement lenses for a good price rather than go through expensive offical channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

lennymc wrote: »
    ditto. pair of clear glasses and a pair of night glasses.

A blue pair and a night pair for me. Can't be that bad for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

manafana wrote: »
    speaking of sunglasses anyone know good place to get replacement lenses for a good price rather than go through expensive offical channels?

I've had some lenses from Wellevahttp://www.walleva.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=20_27

I Found them very good (photocromatic). They were sent to US address though so I'm not sure of postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/hurry-while-stocks-last/hurry-while-stocks-last/ps/p/mens-and-ladies-windproof-base-layer/

Whatever you do, whatever bargain you think it is, DON'T buy one of these bloody baselayers. I picked up a few last week, and the only way I can describe it is that it's like cycling while wearing a bin bag.

Sweat city!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

powertap g3c 32 hole. 552 euro. bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

AltAccount wrote: »
    https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/hurry-while-stocks-last/hurry-while-stocks-last/ps/p/mens-and-ladies-windproof-base-layer/

Whatever you do, whatever bargain you think it is, DON'T buy one of these bloody baselayers. I picked up a few last week, and the only way I can describe it is that it's like cycling while wearing a bin bag.

Sweat city!

I don't know if that's the one that was 12.99 a few weeks back..... I got one of those and TBH it was fine - nice fit and did the job. I never expected it would stop you from sweating.....and it is very warm at the moment. Just sayin', like :)

EDIT: I should have been specific, I bought the sleeveless one for 'summer' use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    I don't know if that's the one that was 12.99 a few weeks back..... I got one of those and TBH it was fine - nice fit and did the job. I never expected it would stop you from sweating.....and it is very warm at the moment. Just sayin', like :)

Got one too and had a fairly sweaty chest (but not back-just a mesh here). Was probably a bit mild the day I used it. Will defo use it again on those in-between windy/cool days. Useful I would think with a light jersy on those days you also need to bring arm warmers, but too mild for full winter jersey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

This should be renamed the "ALDI/LIDL sh1te and a few actual bargains" thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

colm_gti wrote: »
    This should be renamed the "ALDI/LIDL sh1te and a few actual bargains" thread...

So you turn your nose up at Aldi/Lidl and other cheap cycling gear these days..... You didn't always.
    colm_gti wrote: »
    Can't see any problems with it for basic readings, few lads I know have ones they bought in ALDI or LIDL and have been going strong for years.

Don't bother buying a cateye, get a cheap one, you'll be looking to upgrade to a garmin soon anyway wink.png

My point is that people have different budgets, and some people are only starting cycling so they don't want to spend a lot of money on clothing etc.

Yes a lot of posts are about Aldi/Lidl posts, but I think a lot of people do find them a bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

So you turn your nose up at Aldi/Lidl and other cheap cycling gear these days..... You didn't always.

My point is that people have different budgets, and some people are only starting cycling so they don't want to spend a lot of money on clothing etc.

Yes a lot of posts are about Aldi/Lidl posts, but I think a lot of people do find them a bargain.

Never said I had a problem with them, but at the same time I never bought one...

I just don't think there is a need for all the chat about what they sell, it clogs up what is an otherwise good thread.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

whoops. wrong forum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

ALDI and LIDL do seem to have pretty much the same cycling specials so often that it might be better to have a dedicated thread for them. Any further posts here about ALDI and LIDL cycling products could then be moved to that thread to spare quality of the content of this thread from being diluted with such repetitive posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

So we should also have another thread about Altura jackets...

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

inc21 wrote: »
    So we should also have another thread about Altura jackets...

and zips, the ykk variety

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

MOD VOICE: Lets leave the discussion about wether ALDI/LIDL posts dilute the thread, they are bargains. Maybe try and keep the discussion on it to a minimum or read back a bit and see have the questions been answered already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement