Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denver Broncos Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Cam Newton wrote: »
    I remember reading about that, The U are very unhappy that a rival Gators legend is getting honoured at the stadium The U play at. This has worked out conveniently well for Tebow, seems to me like he's getting some help from his ol' pal Jesus.

they turned an event honouring them down, their fault tbh. though the dolphins brass should have known better, between the gators fanbase making the trip down and travelling broncos fans, it'll be basically a home game lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

spiralism wrote: »
    they turned an event honouring them down, their fault tbh. though the dolphins brass should have known better, between the gators fanbase making the trip down and travelling broncos fans, it'll be basically a home game lol

Its what I have come to expect with the Fins and Steven Ross TBH. If they wanted to honour the U, fair enough, they share the same city, stadium, fans, etc.

But honoring their rivals in Florida should have been left to the Jaguars (if they wanted to pull in punters). Why they are honoring the heart of that team, enticing Gator and Bronco fans and alienating an already fragile/fickle Miami fan base is just bizarre.

I'm telling you now that when Sparano is eventually canned, he will be replaced by Rob Ryan, as I dont think Ross could resist the publicity it would bring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭cosatron

brandon lloyd is rumoured to be put on the trading block by the broncos

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

cosatron wrote: »

all Denvers playbook incorporating 9 routes cleared removed for Tebow one must assume.

cosatron wrote: »

Brian Xanders (our GM) was on denver radio saying it has to do with him becoming a free agent after this year and that we were looking for an asking price for something to go by on negotiations, though we'll try and push a trade if those negotiations dont go well. We've a lot of cap space so i'd say we may sort something out.... i dont understand the panicking tbh, we could just franchise him in the offseason.... i get the feeling that if he does get traded, fox is looking for a rb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

spiralism wrote: »
    Brian Xanders (our GM) was on denver radio saying it has to do with him becoming a free agent after this year and that we were looking for an asking price for something to go by on negotiations, though we'll try and push a trade if those negotiations dont go well. We've a lot of cap space so i'd say we may sort something out.... i dont understand the panicking tbh, we could just franchise him in the offseason.... i get the feeling that if he does get traded, fox is looking for a rb

That makes ZERO sense if he does.

Your going with Tebow why would you give teams a inventive to flood the box knowing that they have no vertical threat down the field?

Stev_o wrote: »
    That makes ZERO sense if he does.

Your going with Tebow why would you give teams a inventive to flood the box knowing that they have no vertical threat down the field?

im not saying i agree, im just saying that likely is what happens, fox loves multiple rbs and moreno is more the sproles/bush type of rb

fwiw i dont think Lloyd gets traded anyways, though receiver is the one position i think we're ok in, Decker is good, Royal is a great all round threat and Demaryius Thomas was good when he played last year (he's due back @ Miami, as is his namesake Julius, who looks a steal at TE in his playing time so far)

Our offensive line has improved markedly since the Oakland fiasco, its performed very well in the last 3 games now actually and we've started to get our run game going, mcgahee is in the top 10 rushers in the league. This team isn't as bad as it looks, we'd have won the Titans and Chargers games if Tebow was in from the start

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Even toying with trading Llyod is more indication of how little faith the front office have in Tebow and that's a sad situation. Even people who think he'll fail have to agree that if a young QB gets a shot at the job the organsation should do everything in their power to make him - and by extension the team - a success and it seems like Elway and co are doing the opposite.

I read in an article on NFL.com a few days ago that the Broncos might try and trade Lloyd for Clausen - Fox did draft him - and I scoffed. These days, who the hell knows what's going on in Denver.

Syferus wrote: »
    Eve toying with trading Llyod is more indication of how little faith the front office have in Tebow and that's a sad situation. Even people who think he'll fail have to agree that if a young QB gets a shot at the job the organsation should do everything in their power to make him - and by extension the team - a success and it seems like Elway and co are doing the opposite.

I read in an article on NFL.com a few days ago that the Broncos might try and trade Lloyd for Clausen - Fox did draft him - and I scoffed. These days, who the hell knows what's going on in Denver.

thats one way to look at it, the other is that lloyd knows hes a good player, doesnt want to stick around on a rebuilding team and wants his pay day.

as for that nfl article, it was just throwing around rumours, there wasnt anything concrete.

however, one rumour that is going around the past few hours is that we're considering trading for percy harvin, with kyle orton presumably involved and harvin's wife checking out shopping locations, restaurants and all that.. it'll probably stay like that, a rumour, but read into it what you will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

viking will never trade away one of their best WR's for an average QB on $8m in his final year of his contract while there #12 pick overall sits on the bench. You guys are stuck with Orton and it seems elway and Co want to rebuild through the draft. Keeping Lloyd by franchising him really isn't worth the money so I can see why they want to offload him.

• Advertisement

viking will never trade away one of their best WR's for an average QB on $8m in his final year of his contract while there #12 pick overall sits on the bench. You guys are stuck with Orton and it seems elway and Co want to rebuild through the draft. Keeping Lloyd by franchising him really isn't worth the money so I can see why they want to offload him.

exactly, its far from insane, orton and probably lloyd too will be gone at the end of the year. he is 30 mind and has only produced since last year in a west coast offence, which tebow wont be running

Surely it's better for the Broncos to get a deal done with Lloyd, though. They'll get maybe a 4th round pick (or worse) for a clearly talented receiver. Unless Lloyd is being completely unreasonable the Broncos should keep their deep threat when they're bringing in a QB that, as has been said, will tempt defenders into the box rather than down the field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

The reports are that he is 90% gone by the deadline. It seems its all about money. Denver want to cash in on him now rather than give him the large contract he wants.

The Rams in my eyes will be where he ends up. Expect McDaniels to push for him there and give the Rams one of the things they lack this year. Considering McDaniels was the one who brought him into Denver Id say the Rams are up on top of that list.

Lloyd traded to the Rams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

The Rams in my eyes will be where he ends up. .

good call!

i'm ****ing furious, the front office is doing all it can to make this team suck balls. we got ripped off, a 6th rounder isnt worth ****, we may as well have got the remaining 11 games out of him and let him walk for nothing

the spirit of josh mcdaniels lives on in denver, **** this team

Denver, a formula to get the number 1 pick in two years.

Stev_o wrote: »
    Denver, a formula to get the number 1 pick in two years.

we're stockpiling them now to trade to indy for Luck (who Elway ADORES) if i didn't know any better

At least it's now a good excuse for Tebow when he fails. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Not even a sixth but a conditional sixth

Should have kept him tbh

• Advertisement

At least it's now a good excuse for Tebow when he fails. ;)

and this debate can then go on...forever

by conditional 6th, that means that it becomes a 5th if he has over 30 catches between now and season's end fwiw.... should have kept him though, trading him means the front office clearly hasnt much faith in us to do anything for the rest of the year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Oh right, I didn't know the terms
    Though I didn't exactly search very hard :o

Denver "WE DON'T WANT PRO BOWLERS" Broncos.

Mean seriously what the holy **** were they thinking? Rams have the steal of the century.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

FO admitting that this is a rebuilding team. I'd say Denver are likely to get a high 5th out of this.

It's not nice to trade your starting WR, but in all honesty I don't think Denver were going to pay Lloyd his market value so he would of went for nothing. I'm 95% sure Denver weren't going to pay him. It's reasonably poor if you look at the balance of things. Look at Denver's 5th rounds over the last few years. I can only think of Kuper who has been a success. I think every other pick over the last 10 years or so has failed at 5th round and they probably should of got a conditional 4th.

Le King wrote: »
    FO admitting that this is a rebuilding team. I'd say Denver are likely to get a high 5th out of this.

It's not nice to trade your starting WR, but in all honesty I don't think Denver were going to pay Lloyd his market value so he would of went for nothing. I'm 95% sure Denver weren't going to pay him. It's reasonably poor if you look at the balance of things. Look at Denver's 5th rounds over the last few years. I can only think of Kuper who has been a success. I think every other pick over the last 10 years or so has failed at 5th round and they probably should of got a conditional 4th.

we werent, one side effect of josh mcdaniels dynamite job on the team is that, while we have cap space, we're gone incredibly conservative as regards our spending after the ****ing mountains of money that prick wasted in his time with us.

Though, to be fair, i see what Fox and especially Elway are doing here, now that i think of it. When Elway started as our QB he struggled a lot for a few years so Dan Reeves built a run oriented offense around him and let him adapt... it worked and the rest is history, though Reeves got too far ahead of himself, insisted on the run game long after Elway had become the class QB he ended up being, fell out with Elway and was fired.

Elway wants to prevent Tebow from struggling by building a run oriented offense around him, one centred around him managing the offense and making the plays where needed as opposed to shouldering the burden, as it was the experience that Elway had running that offence that ultimately made him a great. Hence the Fox hire and now this move, he sees Decker and Demaryius Thomas as ideal for this plan, along with a good set of TEs in Julius Thomas, Daniel Fells and Dante Rosario and that they will make Tebow utilise the short game instead of lobbing it deep to lloyd for a ridiculous catch

I must be the only one who sees this as a bad thing for Tebow and honestly the Broncos moving away from Tebow at the end of the season. And why you ask?

- Tebow has problems passing the football and you deal away his main threat at WR.

- You can only do so much on the ground before the opposing Defense shuts you out.

- That O-line will need to be improved a lot in the next year to start the re-build

- The remainder of this season will not help Tebow develop his passing skills because that pocket wont be open long enough for him to stay in it and use his arm.

And before any Bronco fan jumps in and call me a Tebow hater yada yada these are plain facts. This looks like a complete re-model and unless Tebow finds some divine inspiration in his passing game and miraculously fixes that throwing motion he is gonzo and Andrew Luck or someone else will fill those shoes next season. Someone who Fox and Elway actually want.

Maybe a good move for re-development of the Broncos but not a good one for Tebow.

I think everyone will agree it's a bad thing for Tebow. But when the Broncos front office know Tebow isn't in their future plans they don't really care about his development and at this stage are just looking to the future and in doing so are happy to stock pile some draft picks where ever possible.

But when the Broncos front office know Tebow isn't in their future plans they don't really care about his development

Well that was my point. The Lloyd move is another indication of the Broncos rebuilding without Tebow in my eyes. Tebow will see out this season and that its. Now unless he miraculously fixes himself well then maybe he might see a different out come but I doubt it.

Demaryius Thomas looked just as good as Dez Bryant or AJ Green.. for one game last year.

If he can emerge now he's fit again the Broncos might luck out at receiver but selling a known quantity like Lloyd for a throw-away draft pick is one of the most ridiculous moves I've seen this year. Imagine the Panters trading away Steve Smith right before week 1 this year, it just makes zero playing sense to take away weapons from a young QB.

If Tebow succeeds (and the way the Broncos are playing that doesn't even need to involve many wins) despite this show of no-confidence it's liable to destroy the whole management's creditability in Denver if they even contemplate trading him, and even if they don't they're going to look very stupid.

• Advertisement

I must be the only one who sees this as a bad thing for Tebow and honestly the Broncos moving away from Tebow at the end of the season. And why you ask?

- Tebow has problems passing the football and you deal away his main threat at WR.

- You can only do so much on the ground before the opposing Defense shuts you out.

- That O-line will need to be improved a lot in the next year to start the re-build

- The remainder of this season will not help Tebow develop his passing skills because that pocket wont be open long enough for him to stay in it and use his arm.

And before any Bronco fan jumps in and call me a Tebow hater yada yada these are plain facts. This looks like a complete re-model and unless Tebow finds some divine inspiration in his passing game and miraculously fixes that throwing motion he is gonzo and Andrew Luck or someone else will fill those shoes next season. Someone who Fox and Elway actually want.

Maybe a good move for re-development of the Broncos but not a good one for Tebow.

The offensive line is far less of an issue... after early struggles week one and two we've produced a 100 yard rusher (mcgahee, who is 30) in 2 of the 3 games and given up two sacks over that period, 1 each to the titans and packers who are known for their pass rush... this offensive line has really pulled it together of late, theyre not a serious problem as the first couple of weeks would have indicated.. end of the day the line consists of Franklin at RT, who is a rookie, the ever solid veteran Kuper at RG, 2nd years Walton at Center and Beadles at LG, with the best LT in the league in Clady... it isnt a bad unit, it just needs time to gel when its that young.

This team doesnt need a complete overhaul in every position by any means, if Thomas can somehow stay healthy we'll be fine with him and Decker at WR... big if though... i'd rather we drafted a quality RB like Trent Richardson or even Lamicheal james in a later round and fixed a few more gaps on the defensive side, rather than blowing up the offense for the third time in four years

Advertisement