Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeping with one leg under the covers and one leg out

Options
  • 08-08-2011 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭

I've done this since I was a kid for temperature control and assumed it was normal enough, but the OH seems to think it's very strange. So I've decided to put the matter to vote and solve it once and for all!

Do you tend to sleep with one leg hanging out of the covers 139 votes

Yep
    0% 0 votes
    Nope
    100% 139 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

I do it all the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

If you wanted to put it to vote then you'll need a poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

chin_grin wrote: »
    If you wanted to put it to vote then you'll need a poll.

The system posts your message before it lets you put a poll up - it's done now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

As odd as it may sound I do it when I have trouble sleeping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Never did...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Which leg?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Do the same, though it's usually 50% out

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

And of course one arm under the pillow?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

I have always wanted to do this,especially on a warm muggy night, but after a few seconds I quickly pull my leg back in under the covers for fear of some kind of monster biting off my leg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Birdster

Yup when I can't sleep

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Yeah, but this coupled with turning the pillow to the cold side every now and then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

What about the monster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Where the heck is the Atari Jaguar option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Birdster

youtube! wrote: »
    I have always wanted to do this,especially on a warm muggy night, but after a few seconds I quickly pull my leg back in under the covers for fear of some kind of monster biting off my leg.

LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

yup, do it all the time, I get ridiculously warm in bed so always have one arm and one leg outside the covers, and maintain a steady cool side flipping pillow routine throughout the night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

We had a cat when we were kids who would give unsuspecting toes a nip! He was a nutter. He actually used to terrorise old people by acting all mad around them.

He used to have to be put out when there were visitors because he'd embarras my parents!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Always sleep with one leg out, way too hot othewise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yup, one leg acts as an air conditioning unit for the body, otherwise it will suffocate to death under the duvet :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I thought that was just me! :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

My two legs stay under while the middle leg sleeps outside the covers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Do it all the time, sometimes i leave the leg out but get the foot back in under the duvet. Dont like my feet to be cold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Yip, I do it too. Well its either one bit or another. Could be a leg, could be the tush.

Though, I bought a fan for my room recently, because I couldnt find a happy medium in the room temp wise. I find it easier to have the duvet covering me now, but only if the fan is on. This only works if the human radiator isn't beside me though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Yeah, I do it too, but I have to make sure my knob doesn't slip out in case the parents come in in the morning and get a shock and think I'm not my dads soon.

(Or my mothers o.O).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

its that warm these days that both legs and an arm are uncovered

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

My girlfriend does this and it drives me mad so I sleep with one of my legs over her legs to try and prevent it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

nah - not in Ireland anyway but sometimes on holidays if it's REALLY REALLY hot but even then last summer I stayed under my duvet in the north american heatwave. Just too cold here - one arm got left out last night by mistake and I woke up shivering.

I tend to wrap my duvet around me and sleep on my front (no pillows). Nice and cosy so it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Always sleep with one leg out ,one in, eventually followed by the whole duvet at bottom of bed .I like to slide the leg out toes between bed sheet .It's my erogenous zone thing ...;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Have done this since i wa a kid. Left leg only for some reason. Drives herself mad. Apparently i keep doing in throughout the night. You know, in - out - in - out ya shake it all about.

/ i'll get my coat.:o
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

Wait..... so some people actually sleep with their two legs under the covers ? I don't even.......... what the ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Yep, I do it too - my OH also thinks it's strange. I'll direct him to this thread so :)

Advertisement