Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeping with one leg under the covers and one leg out

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 ohnelly

I always have something sticking out!

....I mean....

/never mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

I always have one leg out and thrown over my duvet (I sleep on my side).:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

I do it too but I would like to clarify that this is only during the Summer. When its colder I keep all appendages covered and in fact seal the edges of the duvet by doubling the edges under themselves with a leg or two holding it down tight to the matress to maintain the airtight seal. I tuck the top of the duvet under one shoulder and wrap the other around my other outstretched arm putting the whole top edge of the duvet under tension so that it pulls tight to the mattress around my neck hermetically sealing me inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Calibos wrote: »
    I do it too but I would like to clarify that this is only during the Summer. When its colder I keep all appendages covered and in fact seal the edges of the duvet by doubling the edges under themselves with a leg or two holding it down tight to the matress to maintain the airtight seal. I tuck the top of the duvet under one shoulder and wrap the other around my other outstretched arm putting the whole top edge of the duvet under tension so that it pulls tight to the mattress around my neck hermetically sealing me inside.
    That's some straightjacket you got there ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

It's so much more comfy with one leg out, but i just can't get the idea of a monster grabbing my leg out of my head :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

nah - not in Ireland anyway but sometimes on holidays if it's REALLY REALLY hot but even then last summer I stayed under my duvet in the north american heatwave. Just too cold here - one arm got left out last night by mistake and I woke up shivering.

I tend to wrap my duvet around me and sleep on my front (no pillows). Nice and cosy so it is.

That made me LOL, random forgetfulness of appendages... brilliant :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Yes i do it the odd time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

The monster grabbing the sticking out leg thing is not to be dismissed .I had a dream once that a wolf was chewing on my leg only to wake up and discover the dog was licking my toe .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭concur4u?

a trick i use when iv had a feed of porter to stop the "spins" is to place 1 foot on the floor before going to sleep it works to ground my spinning head:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Yep, I do it too although I'm not sure I'm going to be at ease doing it tonight because of all this monster talk. Had never entered my head before. Thanks a bunch guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭policarp

Are you Paul Mc Cartney by any chance. OP.?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

I don't sleep at all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Which leg?

The middle one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

concur4u? wrote: »
    a trick i use when iv had a feed of porter to stop the "spins" is to place 1 foot on the floor before going to sleep it works to ground my spinning head:D

When you have the spins that's your only man.

Both legs in unless it's very warm, I'm not afraid of the night monsters, at least I wasn't ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

yep I do it all the time but especially on warm nights but I always have the window open and the next day my leg does be in bits from mosquito bites hehe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

I sleep like this

c8035.jpg

zenno wrote: »
    yep I do it all the time but especially on warm nights but I always have the window open and the next day my leg does be in bits from mosquito bites hehe.
    They have Mosquitos in Tubbercurry now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

I always do it even on the coldest nights in winter albeit with a nice warm sock on:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

Two legs out. Yep, I'm a mad man!

Also, I remember thinking this looks like quite comfortable in a 'God I was knackered' kind of way. And it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

I sleep like this

c8035.jpg

How can you sleep like a 404 error?

• Advertisement

How can you sleep like a 404 error?
    Your internet is full!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭policarp

I sleep like this

c8035.jpg
    Your leg has been removed I think. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

concur4u? wrote: »

I believe it's a common technique known as "the anchor". I thought that was a great name for it!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

sure tis the air conditioning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Works for me too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Snacker

doing it right now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

often do it but a monster might eat me

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

standard

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I do it a lot.

AH->Sleeping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I always do it. More recently its been the spare pillow though!

Advertisement