Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

You know you are rigt seahawkes are unbeatable, thus why they are 17-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

The Cowboys were also in great form the past few weeks, yet they were nothing special last night and also had some very sceptical refereeing decisions go their way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Obviously the key thing this weekend is going to be the run defence. While it has been improving all year, it faces easily it's biggest test this week with Murray and that very talented Cowboys O-Line. With the fallout from last night's game, I wouldn't be surprised to see a few holding calls on that unit but it will still be a massive acid test for Green Bay.

The Cowboys will look to get the run game going and keep Rodgers and the offence off the field. I can't see the Cowboys secondary slowing down Nelson, Cobb, Lacy etc so it really (in my mind anyway) comes down to the defence fronting up and negating the Cowboys biggest weapon. Detroit pretty much did it (Murray 75ish yards) and they came very close to knocking them off. Romo is well capable of putting up gaudy numbers of his own but in a straight shootout of QBs GB wins 9/10 times and that's not the game the Cowboys will be looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

Glad the Cowboys are coming to Lambeau, beats having scumbag Suh staining the field again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Glad the Cowboys are coming to Lambeau, beats having scumbag Suh staining the field again.
    If the Lions, we would have been playing Carolina this week as they wwould have been the higher seed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

Billy86 wrote: »
    If the Lions, we would have been playing Carolina this week as they wwould have been the higher seed.

I know, but since I haven't been on Boards in awhile, I just wanted to have my two pence worth at Suh.

I know, but since I haven't been on Boards in awhile, I just wanted to have my two pence worth at Suh.

Oh he's a filthy player don't get me wrong, though I did like their odds of going to Seattle and having a chance of getting something considerably more than Carolina's.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Billy86 wrote: »
    Oh he's a filthy player don't get me wrong, though I did like their odds of going to Seattle and having a chance of getting something considerably more than Carolina's.

I disagree, I think Carolina have a better chance to beat Seattle in Seattle than Detroit did. Panthers have a five-game winning streak and Cam is playing like he has a new lease of life. Their defense is so hot right now, and Seattle's offense is not that great. I think that the Lions would have got their sh!t kicked in by the Seahawks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Great read on Rodgers by Mike Silver here. A lot of it is stuff we've read before but some great bits in it too like Seneca Wallace saying Rodgers called almost 100% of the plays on the sideline the week that Matt Flynn had his record game against the Lions a few years ago.

http://www.nfl.com/labs/rr/toastoftitletown/toastoftitletown?icampaign=ATL_newsdriver

• Advertisement

Sweet tee but 30dollar price tag, kinda want one, but mid pc build, concert and galway next week means i can't, maybe someone here might want it

https://teechip.com/iegbay#id=1&c=14464B

Sweet tee but 30dollar price tag, kinda want one, but mid pc build, concert and galway next week means i can't, maybe someone here might want it

https://teechip.com/iegbay#id=1&c=14464B

Saw the hoodie doing the rounds on Facebook, thought the Pack was reaching out to Ireland...and then saw that the company making them are churning them out for dozens of countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

I have a slight problem. I will be travelling at kickoff and probably won't get home till about 22:00hrs.

My thinking is go totally dark and Airplane mode everything... And then watch the match on NFL game pass when I get back.

I know you can reset live games to the start on NFL game pass but Im wondering if I get home as the game ends.. how long before it's up on game pass?

Assu,img we beat cowgirls tomorrow which we should this seahawks team really isn't scaring me

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Assu,img we beat cowgirls tomorrow which we should this seahawks team really isn't scaring me

Are you out of your mind.

SameOleJay wrote: »
    Are you out of your mind.

No, That Game was a lot closer than the scoreline showed, Carolina held them to within a score for 3 quarters then when it when to two scores cam threw one of the worst picks of the season.

Our offense i a whole lot better than carolinas. Yeah our Defence is worse but I'm not afraid of them. Could go either way

The same defence that held him to a season low two weeks ago I believe?

Not saying it's an impossibility at all with the season Murray has had, but ever since we moved CMIII into the middle about 8 weeks ago, only two players have got over 60 yards on us - Fred Jackson (71) and Shady McCoy (88), both at under 4 yards per carry and McCoy against backups for a good chunk too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭cosatron

It's whether that defense can even slow down Romo and Murray is the problem though. Murray will run for at least 150.

Thanks for your positive input as always

This shower?? oh **** off and go support denver with spiralism ffs

Realistic input. I've been following this shower too long too that I know how they love to cave under hype.

I feel this year is different. We seem to be mentally allot tougher and since the bye week, we had one blip in buffalo. I'm nervous aswell and can't wait but excited

See my post above, what leads you to believe it is realistic that Murray is certain to run for "at least 150 yards" tonight?

Explain then why since Matthews moved to ILB, we have only allowed two RBs go over 60 yards in 8 games, and both at under 4YPC (one who played against our backups for most of the fourth quarter with us 30-40 points up)?

I agree he COULD because he is one of the best two backs in the league behind surely the best run blocking line in the league... but your argument for why he "WILL" is pretty weak.

Then again, you also said we wouldn't even get to 8 wins this season, so...

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Cooooooome on Pack!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Yes. Bring on Seattle. Rodgers will have to play lights out but you never know what can happen. Rodgers was amazing in the 4th quarter

Advertisement