Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Don't be ridiculous, I'd have us as favourites to win the NFC, especially if we beat the Lions

I can't see us beating the Seahawks and if we have to play them at home, then we have no chance imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I can't see us beating the Seahawks and if we have to play them at home, then we have no chance imo.

Cobb adams nelson and ~12 giv us the ability to beat anyone

Cobb adams nelson and ~12 giv us the ability to beat anyone

I don't share your confidence. We struggled and were beaten by a tough Bills front seven. Rodgers was completely atrocious in that game. So I shudder to think what the Seahawks would do to us. And by Seahawks, I mean their defense.

I don't share your confidence. We struggled and were beaten by a tough Bills front seven. Rodgers was completely atrocious in that game. So I shudder to think what the Seahawks would do to us. And by Seahawks, I mean their defense.

when was the last time rodgers had a terrible game?? one blip doesn make a pattern. As i said before nfl fans are way to fickle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »

If that's so go to a bookies, put on tiny money and win big

when was the last time rodgers had a terrible game??

The Bills game - a 40% CR for 185 Yards, 2 Ints & 0 TD's and a QBR of 17.2 is as bad as it gets.
    As i said before nfl fans are way to fickle

Fickle? Is that what you call some fans who thinks the sun doesn't necessarily shine out of Rodgers hole?

The Bills game - a 40% CR for 185 Yards, 2 Ints & 0 TD's and a QBR of 17.2 is as bad as it gets.

Fickle? Is that what you call some fans who thinks the sun doesn't necessarily shine out of Rodgers hole?

He has has maybe 3 bad games in his career I'm pretty sure the sky isn't falling. Lol out of rodgers hole?? I seem to remember there are 52 other players, yet after one loss a whole lot of people were all doom where 4 hours before it they were eyeing up the sb

He has has maybe 3 bad games in his career

Just 3 bad games? Lol.
    I seem to remember there are 52 other players

So when he plays s**t, it's suddenly a 53 man team. Man, I don't think you realise how much of a homer you come across as.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,851 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Just 3 bad games? Lol.

So when he plays s**t, it's suddenly a 53 man team. Man, I don't think you realise how much of a homer you come across as.

I don't think you realise how entitled you come across as. I mean even Rodgers isn't good enough for you! The best QB in the league, and possibly history, and you're complaining because he has a very occasional bad game? Who is the perfect player you would rather have? You give packers fans a bad name.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Pretty surprised sky ain't showing the lions game. It really is a huge game and one anyone with any clue of football expects to be close.

I'm nervous enough. The last time we played em we were pretty poor, but hopefully the poor show in buffalo will bring us back down to earth.

That said I fancy a pats/Seahawks sb just like everyone else😓

digzy wrote: »
    Pretty surprised sky ain't showing the lions game. It really is a huge game and one anyone with any clue of football expects to be close.

I'm nervous enough. The last time we played em we were pretty poor, but hopefully the poor show in buffalo will bring us back down to earth.

That said I fancy a pats/Seahawks sb just like everyone else😓

it was flexed i believe??? us by two touchdowns my prediction

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

digzy wrote: »
    Pretty surprised sky ain't showing the lions game. It really is a huge game and one anyone with any clue of football expects to be close

What are they showing instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Wow? Sky aren't showing the Lions/ Packers game? Im glad to hear that because Im somewhere I cant use unblock US for the weekend...

So thats a win, a bye and home field advantage.....feeling pretty good right now

damn! I think we'll do a lot better, putting Clay in as ilb instead of olb will really hamper wilsons running imo

Forgot to mention, Nlson first packer WR with over 1500 yards in a season

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Forgot to mention, Nlson first packer WR with over 1500 yards in a season

Only the second player in GB to get over 100 catches too, I believe (Sharpe did it in '92 and '93) and I think his 13 TDs are second only to Sterling Sharpe (18), Don Hutson (17), James Jones (14), Antonio Freeman (14) and... himself (15). If he keeps going he may well go down as the best GB WR of all time (apart from Hutson who is a completely different era but arguably the best ever full stop after Rice, and not even by far at that).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,130 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Billy86 wrote: »
    Only the second player in GB to get over 100 catches too, I believe (Sharpe did it in '92 and '93) and I think his 13 TDs are second only to Sterling Sharpe (18), Don Hutson (17), James Jones (14), Antonio Freeman (14) and... himself (15). If he keeps going he may well go down as the best GB WR of all time (apart from Hutson who is a completely different era but arguably the best ever full stop after Rice, and not even by far at that).

Nelson finished with 98.

And Robert Brooks had 102 in 1995.

Packers finished the season as highest scorers, 3rd in net points and tied for most touchdowns scored. Also first in turnover ratio.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,130 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Interestingly, if Dallas win next week they will come to Lambeau unbeaten on the road! Packers are unbeaten at home.

Something's gotta give!

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Last night performance does everything to promote and show that Rodgers is a leading candidate for MVP - I'm not a blinded packers fan - I agree that Watt & Brady should be in the conversation too - and whilst i agree when people say that Rodgers has Cobb & Nelson & Lacy around him - Matt Flynn couldnt get a single first down and the team seemed to loose confidence when Rodgers came off! Comes back in and changes the game - Rodgers is elite and is deserving to be mentioned for MVP!

With that said... I can see Dallas having a very tough game against the lions - Dallas focussing on the run - Lions D-Line being dominant against the run (SUH-D***) - either team at Home i do think that we will win..... leading us to Seattle - Its gonna take 2 things - OFFENSE playing as well as we do at home and secondly leaving matthews in mlb to close beast mode down - in the first game of the season he killed us and players didnt want to tackle him! Peppers then needs to read the play action and we could have a chance! But im not hopeful purely because Seahawks have that ability to win... Wilson is carrying the team on offense - and defensively we all know how strong they are!

Still its been a good season so far - get nelson and cobb signed up asap for next year and get a CB and DT in and we could be a stronger team again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Good battling win last night. The packers could have easily packed it in when the lions tied it up. Brutal stat on Stafford, he is 0-16 away from home against teams with a winning record.

That cowboy team puts no fear into me, and bull**** calls like that in lambeau won't happen. We should win this one no problem

Jesus go bet your house on seahawkes if you are that sure ffs such negativity

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Literally haven't seen a post on here from you that hasn't mentioned Seattle winning the NFC and everyone else not getting close. We get it!

• Advertisement

Advertisement