Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I can dupe a 94% if you want? Plus the Norfleet... I should be online later, just join away.

Cool. I'll grab the Dastardly Maggie I have too. Anything else you're looking for I might have? I'll toss out a few things and you can take your pick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Penn wrote: »
    Cool. I'll grab the Dastardly Maggie I have too. Anything else you're looking for I might have? I'll toss out a few things and you can take your pick

I'll do likewise :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ah here this just isn't funny the hours i've put into this and I'm still finding new things, in wildlife preservation
    son of mothrakk
    players of the 1st game will get that, don't know how many times I've passed that area but never stopped, he dropped me a skull smasher level 48 ????? why does that happen if you are on TVHM 2.5 ???????

Maybe it has something to do with picking up the side quests there at a lower level?

Posted on Facebook half an hour ago:

PC / Mac: K3WTJ-TXZWW-SCRJJ-33BTJ-933ZS
    Xbox 360: 5B533-TR5ZW-TTHBR-WF3J3-KWZK9
    PlayStation 3: 5BCTT-XX6KB-WKWKT-SBKBJ-66RJB

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I'll do likewise :)

Cheers for the stuff. That blast proof shield seems pretty incredible.

And as if I didn't think a bonus package grenade couldn't get any better... Sticky bonus package. Threw two at the same time while gunzerking. Torgue himself would have shed a tear at the sheer beauty of that explosion :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Just about to start this for first time. Played the first game as soldier so just wondering does anyone have any suggestions as to which character I should play this time around

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not the assassin. Ah 100 hours of wishing I'd made a different choice .... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Mr E wrote: »
    Not the assassin. Ah 100 hours of wishing I'd made a different choice .... :o

noted :) i think i might go siren, i always play the soldier type character so want something different. can you still wield the same guns as all characters and is it just the powers that are different?

Finished Torgue's DLC story and beat the raid boss. Still getting crap loot all the time. Two purple shields from the Lootsplosion at the end of the main story, and a purple shield and pistol after beating the raid boss. I think Gearbox have said they might not be able to increase the level cap and have two skill trees full as it might break games. For the love of f*ck I hope they boost up the drop rates throughout once you've finished the game.
    DeSelby83 wrote: »

noted :) i think i might go siren, i always play the soldier type character so want something different. can you still wield the same guns as all characters and is it just the powers that are different?

Just the powers and skills are different. The commando isn't a bad choice and is a great way to learn the game, but yeah, he's pretty much the base character. Haven't played as a siren yet myself, but really enjoyed playing as the Gunzerker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

I started as the assassin and just stopped after about 8 hours; it just wasn't clicking with me. I started a new game as a gunzerker and never looked back. It was really enjoyable: dual wielding with regenerating ammo and health is brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I've played a bit of all the classes bar the siren, and I thought they were all pretty fun. My main is a gunzerker at level 49, but I have a soldier for co-op around level 30, and a Mechromancer around 20ish. I love the Mech, calling out deathtrap is always fun :D

Finished Torgue's DLC story and beat the raid boss. Still getting crap loot all the time. Two purple shields from the Lootsplosion at the end of the main story, and a purple shield and pistol after beating the raid boss. I think Gearbox have said they might not be able to increase the level cap and have two skill trees full as it might break games. For the love of f*ck I hope they boost up the drop rates throughout once you've finished the game.

I got my best stuff from everywhere bar the Raid bosses, you should farm Rex in the arena for the slow hand, he dropped it a few times for me it's a more common drop, farm Janey White and then on to rackmann in the fridge for the Gub pistol and deliverence shotgun, son of moth rakk for skullsmasher, the 2 chests up the lift after you take out Pete have had a gold 1/20 times I'd say ? Got a Murderous Skagger there earlier................. those are the ones I got in a few runs the bee took me well over 100 tries.

Also I don't know about anyone else but on 2.5 southpaw steam and power seems to be dropping more, and more cosistantly than any other area in the game, a run through to kill the 3 or 4 bosses there takes 10 minues and the chest at the end, those bosses have a high chance of dropping unique blues which are decent but I got a a few legendary ones form them over the last few nights, emperor smg there earlier.

Edit: and still the game give me new things even now................... has any one met
    the black queen
    in the dust ???? not sure what drove me that way this evening, I think I was looking for stuff that respawns and was heading to the grave yard to see if gettle would be there, anyway met her on the way............. not a good idea to take a norfleet to her the shots bounced off her :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 philemon

calex71 wrote: »
    Also I don't know about anyone else but on 2.5 southpaw steam and power seems to be dropping more, and more cosistantly than any other area in the game...

Did you have any luck with the skin drops ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Played this and loved it for a while before getting too busy, and hadn't gone back!
    Must get back into it again now!

Beat Pyro Pete today by getting him to jump up to the pipes where he gets stuck. Killed him, and he finally dropped a legendary.

Except the way he fell meant I couldn't jump back up to collect it. Took me ages trying to jump up, including killing myself twice trying to use a rocket launcher and grenades trying to boost myself up.

Finally left the bar and went back in and was able to get it then. Fire Baby Maker, which is pretty good I suppose. For some reason I was also able to fight him again but only dropped the usual loot and seraph crystals.

philemon wrote: »
    Did you have any luck with the skin drops ?

Got an Alkaline Mistress head drop from a Badass loader earlier and that is the 1st and only head/skin that has dropped randomly for me in a few hundred hours....... I don't even play as Maya so it was no good to me :mad:

I've found plenty of vehicle ones as everyone has but player skins seem to be more rare than than legendary weapons.

Beat Pyro Pete today by getting him to jump up to the pipes where he gets stuck. Killed him, and he finally dropped a legendary.

Except the way he fell meant I couldn't jump back up to collect it. Took me ages trying to jump up, including killing myself twice trying to use a rocket launcher and grenades trying to boost myself up.

Finally left the bar and went back in and was able to get it then. Fire Baby Maker, which is pretty good I suppose. For some reason I was also able to fight him again but only dropped the usual loot and seraph crystals.

They took out the 24hr lockout a few patches back so you can fight the raid bosses as often as you like, Pete seems to have the deepest pool in terms of the raid bosses and stuff they drop, didn't know he dropped a baby maker might have been quicker farming him for it than Von Bartlesby

Oh save up your crystals and invest them in a breath of the seraph relic and an evolution shiled, the rest if the stuff is hit or miss, for the relic load and reload till it comes up 31% and 5.6% the shield is great for none human enemies and bosses a great health boost, I'm now switching out the sham for it in places.

They took out the 24hr lockout a few patches back so you can fight the raid bosses as often as you like, Pete seems to have the deepest pool in terms of the raid bosses and stuff they drop, didn't know he dropped a baby maker might have been quicker farming him for it than Von Bartlesby

I was wondering that, but they didn't change the mission description which says you can only fight him once a day. I think all the raid bosses have a better chance of dropping every legendary, and an increased chance of dropping certain ones. I couldn't see what he dropped until I managed to get up to it though, could just see the orange icon. Pete's definitely the easiest raid boss to farm, I reckon.

And after I did beat him the second time, he appeared up at the top of the pipe where you exit (though I could walk through him). Moxxi even reappeared in the cell though there was no interaction with her, so I just assumed I'd glitched it somehow.

Have those relic and shields, don't use them though. Currently using a purple relic for shield capacity and regen rate, and a blast proof shield with about 150,000 capacity (though takes a lot of your health off). I switch to the Bee when fighting Pete though. I actually got pretty lucky with Madame Von Bartlesby myself, only took about 7 tries and got a caustic baby maker.

I would try beating Pete a few times tonight, but Metal Gear Rising is out, so taking a break from Borderlands for a while now. Haven't started Sleeping Dogs yet either so that's next in the queue after MGR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Got this in a swap on adverts finding it fair tough going on my own. Only about an hour in with a pistol and crappy shotgun. Any advice?

GTR63 wrote: »
    Got this in a swap on adverts finding it fair tough going on my own. Only about an hour in with a pistol and crappy shotgun. Any advice?

It's tough for the first while as your weapons are crappy. Do any side missions you can. They're generally easier and shorter than main missions, and the xp and money you get will help you buy new weapons. Check anything that enemies drop too, they could drop better weapons or shields.

• Advertisement

What class did you start as? As Penn said do more side missions, and give it time it will get easier when you gain a few levels and get to the main hub of the game.

That southern shelf area was hell for me on my first run through it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

If you've done the mission where you have to collect the bullymong fur for either Claptrap or Sir Hammerlock, you usually get a good sniper/shotgun from that that lasts me a few levels. Not much, but it's a starter. There's also a chest above the area where you have to do that "Buy a shield" quest that usually has a few half-decent pistols. You go out the back door, go right over the ledge and try and walk on the sheeting stuff that's angled out of the wall. Jump onto the arm that pulls up the platform, then onto the roof, walk forward and it should drop you down onto the place with the shelf (Unless you're way past that area, in which case telling you this was pointless).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

What class did you start as? As Penn said do more side missions, and give it time it will get easier when you gain a few levels and get to the main hub of the game.

That southern shelf area was hell for me on my first run through it.

I picked the gunzurker? class. I found the Knuckle Dragger mini boss fight fair tough going and then I cleared a town for Hammerlock which was tough he eventually gave me a mission to get some machine working that I can`t even get anywhere in as I always get my arse handed to me pretty quick.

Have you unlocked gunzerking yet? That helps a bit with health regen, and at the start I'd suggest maybe putting a few points into the brawn skill tree, which has a bunch of abilities that work on regenerating health like Hard to Kill and Ain't Got Time To Bleed. Other than that, I can only echo what the others have said, and that's to try and do a couple of side quests to boost your level a bit.

I picked the gunzurker? class. I found the Knuckle Dragger mini boss fight fair tough going and then I cleared a town for Hammerlock which was tough he eventually gave me a mission to get some machine working that I can`t even get anywhere in as I always get my arse handed to me pretty quick.

Arguably the best class at the out set of the game once you get to level 5 and can use his action skill.

Invest in the skills denny mentioned and also filled to the brim and you will be right.

Ok so after hearing of other peoples success with Pete here, I said I;d actually try and actively farm him tonight.

So kss glitch for speed ( evil smasher + infinity) 2nd controller signed in, and before going to Petes a run to the door of Gee's place to fool the game into thinking there are 4 players, I'm playing on xbox, so reason for 2nd controller even after doing the Gee thing is so I can exit the bar after killing Pete and reenter and not have to run all the way around..................

after 20 minutes I have a legendary hunter class mod, lucid hellfire ( one of the best smg I got so far) a pyrophobia and a negotiator shield, plus two commando heads :eek:

Pete is the way to go for farming stuff it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Some information on some upcoming DLC! (Link)

Important part:
    New Borderlands 2 DLC is in the works, and may include a new character and level cap rise, Gearbox Software's Randy Pitchford announced on Twitter.

Hoping that the new character will be a more melee oriented version of Salvador(Was Brick a melee character?) or maybe a duel weilding pistol version of Zero:D

Brick was kind of melee oriented. His action skill was punching things to death anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Hrm, didnt they say upping the level cap would be far harder for BL2 than it was for BL1, balance wise.

Also:
    According to Pitchford, Gearbox is working on upcoming downloadable content "for these things," referring to a rise in level cap and new character. This new DLC will be in addition to the campaign DLC offered in the season pass, however.

• Advertisement

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Hrm, didnt they say upping the level cap would be far harder for BL2 than it was for BL1, balance wise.

Also:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/the-unseen-challenges-of-building-borderlands-2-all-over-again-for-a-raised-level-cap/

My opinion of gearbox has slipped of late and more so my attitude towards Pitchford and his attitude towards people who complain, the lack of foresight here is staggering regarding level caps, I mean they knew from day one planning stage of the game there would be DLC and that people would hit the cap before DLC was released, also it's not as if this was new territory for them they were able to raise caps etc post borderlands 1 so it's not as if this concept is alien to them.

Advertisement