Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

PS3: K3CBJ-WBRKB-C55CB-S3WBT-56RBH
    PC/Mac: 53WTB-S9XKW-SWFT3-TJBJB-FWWZW
    360: CTWJJ-95F95-HSFT6-5RTJT-T5ZFJ

This is for 5 keys !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

calex71 wrote: »
    PS3: K3CBJ-WBRKB-C55CB-S3WBT-56RBH
    PC/Mac: 53WTB-S9XKW-SWFT3-TJBJB-FWWZW
    360: CTWJJ-95F95-HSFT6-5RTJT-T5ZFJ

This is for 5 keys !!!!!

How long is it up for? Must get back home to use this!

tok9 wrote: »
    How long is it up for? Must get back home to use this!

Posted about an hour ago, they said it would be good for a few hours

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭FreezeUp

Too late for me :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

FreezeUp wrote: »
    Too late for me :-(

Still working on PS3. Just redeemed there

• Advertisement

PS3: WBWJ3-JHKKJ-WCWW3-HJWJT-BW5SJ
    PC/Mac: CB5BB-XF65C-ZKXTT-TBBBT-TRKJZ
    360: WTCJJ-XT6HK-9ZR36-CX3BJ-W6HHT

Is it odd I'm starting to recognise these codes as ones that have been used before at this stage :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

You'd think with so many possible combinations they wouldn't have to repeat :pac:

PS3: CBWBJ-CSC5T-5CWKT-ZBC33-WB9FW
    PC/Mac: W3CTB-HXR5W-S56B3-TTB33-SXTXF
    360: CTKT3-93FZK-SSXJX-KX3TT-X6XSX

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Can't they just give me a code so I can get a Maggie :(

I've 4 conference calls, 3 infinity pistols, 3 baby makers, 3 norfleets yet cant get a maggie to save my life. Damn you Borderlands and you're glorious loot!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 philemon

Can give you mine later if you're not picky about the stats - it was a random drop and hardly the best version.
    I'll keep rolling with infinities + sheriff's badge. :cool:

• Advertisement

Better off with a Harold pistol imo , found them to be much better than a maggie unless I'm missing something, plus you can guarantee a Harold in the torgue dlc pretty much buy farming peats bar with a norfleet on normal mode for tokens (launcher ammo is cheaper on normal) then touring the torgue vending machines for one on true vault hunter, if it's not there or you don't like it's stats save and exit and reload the game and try again.

Edit: actually the fact I'm play a gunzerker does make the maggie not as worth while doesn't it, as I don't have to worry about ammo anyway, and the maggie fires 6 for the price of 1 ???

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Codes for 5 keys just posted:
    PC: C3CBT-RC3XW-9WF33-BTJ3T-SB99J
    360: C3CTB-XK695-33Z3R-W6BTB-XJC36
    PS3: 53WBJ-T6Z5B-WWWCJ-HBKBB-THTR6

Active through February 10 they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Just got back into borderlands 1, great game. Guessing the steam deal at the moment is a no brainer then, half price for number 2

EDIT: is there much difference in the requirements between both games, borderlands 1 runs pretty good on high setting on my laptop, does that mean it'll run B2 pretty well too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Can't they just give me a code so I can get a Maggie :(

I've 4 conference calls, 3 infinity pistols, 3 baby makers, 3 norfleets yet cant get a maggie to save my life. Damn you Borderlands and you're glorious loot!

I should have a few if memory serves me right, I'll have to check since they're on a character I never use, your welcome to have it/them since I never use 'em

EDIT : Yeah, I've got three, you can have any/all of them ! Just send me a PM with your steam name and I'll add ya
    DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Just got back into borderlands 1, great game. Guessing the steam deal at the moment is a no brainer then, half price for number 2

EDIT: is there much difference in the requirements between both games, borderlands 1 runs pretty good on high setting on my laptop, does that mean it'll run B2 pretty well too?

Its a steal for 25 quid ! And if you can run 1 on high, I'd say you'll be okay with 2 on medium, or maybe high with a capped frame rate

Caved in and started using the Evil Smasher glitch against some of the raid bosses last night. Try to avoid using glitches wherever possible, but f*ck me, there's just no other way to get Seraph Crystals. Trying all during the weekend to get into games for raid bosses, but even the few I did get into only dropped about 10-15 crystals (with seraph weapons costing about 130 crystals). And then you can only fight each one once a day.

With the Evil Smasher Glitch, you can fight the raid bosses (well, Voracidous and Hyperius anyway) as many times as you want as it doesn't count as you defeating them. You don't even have to pay Eridium to get back into them each time. They'll drop seraph crystals and up to purple weapons, but no legendary or seraph weapons. Don't know how it knows you used a glitch to beat them, but fair enough.

That being said, I can still manage to solo the Torgue DLC raid boss on my own legit (well, exploiting a fault in the map) and fought and beat Terramorphous for the first time since they fixed The Bee (though still used it and the Conference Call, just took longer). Have also started farming the Bunker with my Commando, but with my Gunzerker in the game too to help level him up quicker. Level 39 at the minute just about to do the Firehawk mission in TVHM. Bunker's being a d*ck and not dropping anything orange though.

I got a few legendaries from hyperius that way, well the way I see it is it's not cheating if you can beat him legit, doing the smasher thing is perfectly legit in that case, I had no guilt doing it.

The seriph stuff isn't great , the relic that gives 31% damage and 5.6% regen is nice and the Evolution shield is what I use normally.

As I said before getting a good harrold pistol from the vending machines in the Torgue DLC is well worth it.

Never got anything good from Bunker that I recall :(

I got a few legendaries from hyperius that way, well the way I see it is it's not cheating if you can beat him legit, doing the smasher thing is perfectly legit in that case, I had no guilt doing it.

The seriph stuff isn't great , the relic that gives 31% damage and 5.6% regen is nice and the Evolution shield is what I use normally.

As I said before getting a good harrold pistol from the vending machines in the Torgue DLC is well worth it.

Never got anything good from Bunker that I recall :(

Actually got a Double Penetrating Unkempt Harold from a MP game where a guy tossed out a bunch of legendaries after we defeated Master Gee. Up close, it obliterates almost everything. It and the Bonus Package grenade are two of my favourite weapons.

I've defeated all the raid bosses (bar the Hammerlock DLC ones) in legit MP games (even defeated Terramorphous solo using The Bee, but not the Conference Call). But the few times over the weekend where I got into a Voracidous Raid, someone was using the Evil Smasher glitch so I was pretty much just collecting seraph crystals. That's what made me want to start using the glitch too, as getting enough seraph crystals to buy those guns seemed pointless trying to beat raid bosses legit every day (considering how much you'd also have to spend on ammo and regens and how hard it was trying to get into the right games)

Mostly just farming the Bunker to help level up my Gunzerker. It's easier to kill than The Warrior on TVHM and gives a great amount of XP (I've a Corrosive Infinity and The Bee so it's quicker too)

Another thing with regards trying to get into MP games, they should really change it so in the list of choosing a game to join, it stops showing what Story mission they're on and instead shows what mission they are doing, or what area they're in. Seeing 20 games all listed as "The Talon of God - True Vault Hunter Mode" gives no indication whatsoever of what they're doing in that game. The amount of games I joined over the weekend where people were just in Sanctuary running around, shooting at each other (Yes, congratulations, you have a gun. It's a shooting game. I have a gun too) was infuriating

Deano12345 wrote: »
    I should have a few if memory serves me right, I'll have to check since they're on a character I never use, your welcome to have it/them since I never use 'em

EDIT : Yeah, I've got three, you can have any/all of them ! Just send me a PM with your steam name and I'll add ya

Thanks for the offer, but sadly I'm a lowly PS3 player :(:p

Penn wrote: »
    Actually got a Double Penetrating Unkempt Harold from a MP game where a guy tossed out a bunch of legendaries after we defeated Master Gee. Up close, it obliterates almost everything. It and the Bonus Package grenade are two of my favourite weapons.

I've defeated all the raid bosses (bar the Hammerlock DLC ones) in legit MP games (even defeated Terramorphous solo using The Bee, but not the Conference Call). But the few times over the weekend where I got into a Voracidous Raid, someone was using the Evil Smasher glitch so I was pretty much just collecting seraph crystals. That's what made me want to start using the glitch too, as getting enough seraph crystals to buy those guns seemed pointless trying to beat raid bosses legit every day (considering how much you'd also have to spend on ammo and regens and how hard it was trying to get into the right games)

Mostly just farming the Bunker to help level up my Gunzerker. It's easier to kill than The Warrior on TVHM and gives a great amount of XP (I've a Corrosive Infinity and The Bee so it's quicker too)

Another thing with regards trying to get into MP games, they should really change it so in the list of choosing a game to join, it stops showing what Story mission they're on and instead shows what mission they are doing, or what area they're in. Seeing 20 games all listed as "The Talon of God - True Vault Hunter Mode" gives no indication whatsoever of what they're doing in that game. The amount of games I joined over the weekend where people were just in Sanctuary running around, shooting at each other (Yes, congratulations, you have a gun. It's a shooting game. I have a gun too) was infuriating

I don't see how the Evil Smasher glitch is an issue at all. It's not game breaking as it's just there as an option for you if you want to solo Hyperius, Terramorphus, Pete and Voracidous. It's nigh on useless against Master Gee. If you want to use it, do. If not, don't. I must admit though, it did get me out of some sticky situations when I've been completely outnumbered and am up against loads of Blaster Goliaths or Juggernauts. I hate them :(

I'm on most nights attempting Raid Bosses. Now that I've finished all the DLC, aside from a few side quests, I'm going back through some of the other bosses too.

Am genisis87 on PSN if you're about for a few attempts.

If you are leveling a character with another one just go fight Gee, the worms are worth 10k a piece !!!!!!!! just give your cash to the character being leveled so if you die you don't loose anything, the aim to to kill worms not Gee ;)

You should be well able to get second winds with the smasher trick anyway.

I don't see how the Evil Smasher glitch is an issue at all. It's not game breaking as it's just there as an option for you if you want to solo Hyperius, Terramorphus, Pete and Voracidous. It's nigh on useless against Master Gee. If you want to use it, do. If not, don't. I must admit though, it did get me out of some sticky situations when I've been completely outnumbered and am up against loads of Blaster Goliaths or Juggernauts. I hate them :(

I'm on most nights attempting Raid Bosses. Now that I've finished all the DLC, aside from a few side quests, I'm going back through some of the other bosses too.

Am genisis87 on PSN if you're about for a few attempts.

Might do alright. Mostly working on getting my Gunzerker through TVHM at the minute but could set aside a bit of time for raid bosses. I've a Maggie too if you want me to dupe one for you. Brilliant gun. Had to go through Sawtooth Cauldron last night in order to get the Evil Smasher. That gun definitely saved my bacon. Been that long since I played PT2.5 with my Commando (as opposed to playing the DLCs) that I'd forgotten all about the Juggernauts. Met a Loot Goon Juggernaut as the first enemy in Sawtooth Cauldron and didn't know what the f*ck it was or what was happening :D

• Advertisement

If you are leveling a character with another one just go fight Gee, the worms are worth 10k a piece !!!!!!!! just give your cash to the character being leveled so if you die you don't loose anything, the aim to to kill worms not Gee ;)

The issue I have with Gee is that I get trigger happy and he doesn't soak up enough acid :p

As a Commando, I'm using the Blast Proof shield with its massive 160000+ capacity, and even sitting in that cubby hole spot, the shield depletes ridiculously fast.

I could simply not "kill ALL the worms" but that just seems tedious :p

Not a bad idea, cheers. Have to play through TVHM with the Gunzerker anyway so just been levelling up 2-3 levels above the story mission and then using them to level up further.

Does the second character need to be in Gee's arena for him to get the XP? If the place started filling with acid, I can't imagine him lasting long. Or is it a case of if he dies and respawns, he'll be outside the arena but still get the XP?

The issue I have with Gee is that I get trigger happy and he doesn't soak up enough acid :p

As a Commando, I'm using the Blast Proof shield with its massive 160000+ capacity, and even sitting in that cubby hole spot, the shield depletes ridiculously fast.

I could simply not "kill ALL the worms" but that just seems tedious :p

I've felt like sending abusive messages to people who've been in a 4-player game trying to defeat Master Gee, and have kept killing all the worms that popped up, essentially killing us all.

I might take back my offer of joining you against raid bosses. We might not get along :D

I've felt like sending abusive messages to people who've been in a 4-player game trying to defeat Master Gee, and have kept killing all the worms that popped up, essentially killing us all.

I might take back my offer of joining you against raid bosses. We might not get along :D

:D

If I'm in with other people then I'm quite reserved, in that I only shoot the worm closest to Gee, but if I'm soloing him, then its a free for all :p

For all the other bosses, strategy goes out the window and I try to finish them off as fast as possible. With Hyperious, I try and get all the bots in a cluster and use a Harold/Norfleet combo on them.

Actually, a Norfleet is one legendary I could do with.

I dupe the Maggie and you dupe the Norfleet?

Actually, a Norfleet is one legendary I could do with.

I dupe the Maggie and you dupe the Norfleet?

Awwww... I was hoping that would lead to another Vermivorous encounter :p

But yeah, thats cool. You've a choice though... caustic or incendiary?

Incendiary I suppose. Probably works best on more of the raid bosses than Caustic would.

Haven't been able to spawn Vermivorous myself yet. Joined a game where they'd got him down to the last 5% of his health and they'd killed him before I got over to them. Spawned a Supreme Badass but he wouldn't evolve (he preferred to keep killing me instead).

Incendiary I suppose. Probably works best on more of the raid bosses than Caustic would.

Haven't been able to spawn Vermivorous myself yet. Joined a game where they'd got him down to the last 5% of his health and they'd killed him before I got over to them. Spawned a Supreme Badass but he wouldn't evolve (he preferred to keep killing me instead).

If you've a Sham shield, the Norfleet is pretty useful in normal, non-ffyl conditions. The splash damage + the shield itself absorbs it as ammo so you can keep going and going.

I know the pain of Supreme Badass Varkids. Went and tried to spawn Vermivorous last week. Had 3 supremes running/flying around me while i cower in the shed in the caustic caverns :o

I still remember the time when Gearbox upped the spawn rate and myself and tok9 ended up with 2 vermivorouses.... that was hell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Might as well post in here got borderlands GOTYE whats the game like online? Any tips before i start it? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I got this recently also but didn't venture online as I was a very low level. Have to say I'm loving it in general, tool a little bit to get going but I'm well into it now. And after the story I still have all the dlc's to do. Tempted to get the 2nd one on sale on steam but think ill wait for the next sale as I'm no where near finished with this one yet

Advertisement