Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just got the chopper from Dexiduous the Invincible anyone who got it in the first game will be happy to hear it's the same gun :D

It's an assault rifle , you press fire once and it basically empties your AR ammo in one clip automatically until you run out or change weapon, may ammo capacity for AR is 1500 takes about 10 seconds to run out

• Registered Users Posts: 33,312 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Finished Sir Hammerlock's BGH last night.

Well that was... short. I think I only died twice. Once in the first mission (wasn't used to the witch doctors so the enemies levelled up a few times) and once against the final boss. I don't even think I fell into FFYL more than maybe four or five times. And all that was without using The Bee and barely even using the Conference Call (In fact, I think the only legendary I mostly used was the Rolling Thunder grenade. Standard Torgue assault rifle was my main weapon of choice)

I thought Professor Nakayama was pretty funny, but other than that, there was little to nothing in this DLC.

Also, once you've picked up a lot of legendaries, the whole loot-hunting part of the game becomes largely irrelevant. In the new DLC, I barely checked the stats on any weapon as they were nearly all whites or greens. Bar the loot room at the end (where I got a legendary grenade and a few E-techs), I stuck to the same guns the whole time. My blue Torgue rifle, purple Jakobs sniper and purple Jakobs revolver couldn't be beaten. I hope they realise that most people have some of the best weapons and make the loot in the next DLC mostly blues or above, even increase the legendary drop rates (but also, make the DLC harder that those types of weapons are pretty much necessary).

Might start a new game altogether as a Gunzerker.

Penn wrote: »
    Also, once you've picked up a lot of legendaries, the whole loot-hunting part of the game becomes largely irrelevant. In the new DLC, I barely checked the stats on any weapon as they were nearly all whites or greens. Bar the loot room at the end (where I got a legendary grenade and a few E-techs), I stuck to the same guns the whole time. My blue Torgue rifle, purple Jakobs sniper and purple Jakobs revolver couldn't be beaten. I hope they realise that most people have some of the best weapons and make the loot in the next DLC mostly blues or above, even increase the legendary drop rates (but also, make the DLC harder that those types of weapons are pretty much necessary).

Oh dear ......... should I be the one to tell you that in hammerlocks DLC the best loot is actually blue, i overlooked most of it for that reason and had to go back and get, the shooty chopper, rough rider shield, yellow jacket and Sir Hammerlocks Rex.

Actually there was a good story regards the yellow jacket, it's purple even though its legendary, the fictitious Hyperion employee who created it was colorblind and was subsequently fired :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Well a level cap increase is coming soon so that problem will be fixed!
    Borderlands 2 associate producer James Lopez has confirmed that Gearbox will be raising the game’s level cap apparently in Q1 of this year. “We do have one planned, and it will be for quite a few levels which will allow you play for quite a bit longer,”
    Source

A large increase to the level cap would indicate a large map would be needed. How big is the Hyperion Moon? Would love a chance to blow that up:P

• Advertisement

Source

A large increase to the level cap would indicate a large map would be needed. How big is the Hyperion Moon? Would love a chance to blow that up:P

I stopped doing side missions once I hit Level 50 (and haven't done any in the DLCs either) so I can do them when the level cap is raised. Hopefully it'll mean the weapon rewards scale up a few levels too

calex71 wrote: »
    Oh dear ......... should I be the one to tell you that in hammerlocks DLC the best loot is actually blue, i overlooked most of it for that reason and had to go back and get, the shooty chopper, rough rider shield, yellow jacket and Sir Hammerlocks Rex.

Actually there was a good story regards the yellow jacket, it's purple even though its legendary, the fictitious Hyperion employee who created it was colorblind and was subsequently fired :D

I check everything Blue or over but none of them seemed great. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

I check everything Blue or over but none of them seemed great. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

To be fair the rough rider shield is really only useful to a commando invested in crisis management and then its still a risky one to use.

All the blues I mentioned had red text effects so would have been hard to miss.

Source

There are down sides to a cap increase too, my vault of legendary loot will become obsolete :D

I'd imagine the time its taking to put it out is down to balancing issues? I have a well rounded zerker but if i was given a 10 lvl increase with 10 skill points to play with he would be ridiculously overpowered ..... well on paper at least, i'm sure the lvl 60 mobs would put him in his place :D

These were posted over night but still working as of just now and they are for 5 gold keys :eek:

PS3: WTCJJ-XT6CJ-5WK53-HT5BJ-W6HTJ
    PC/Mac: KJW3B-BT9WC-9K6BB-BTTJ3-WTX99
    360: WJC3J-TXXSK-SSX3X-C6JJ3-3CJW5

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'm late to the Borderline party (been tied up with to many other games) but I'm in love with Tiiiiiiny Tina after I got a voice mod with her in World of Tanks (hence giving me some mother humping tea parties going were I'm not even to suggest she goes stag to!). If I want to see her in action would I be better to play through BO1 first and then BO2 or jump directly into BO2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Nody wrote: »
    I'm late to the Borderline party (been tied up with to many other games) but I'm in love with Tiiiiiiny Tina after I got a voice mod with her in World of Tanks (hence giving me some mother humping tea parties going were I'm not even to suggest she goes stag to!). If I want to see her in action would I be better to play through BO1 first and then BO2 or jump directly into BO2?

She's only in 2 so you might be better off just jumping into it. You won't miss much and it's a much better game imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

These were posted over night but still working as of just now and they are for 5 gold keys :eek:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

I missed them because I was playing Borderlands so late last night! This world is cruel.

On another note, started a new game with the Mecromancer and she is class.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Nody wrote: »

Everyone loves Tiny Tina :D , but her shine got slighly muddied for me when I found out she was voiced by that irritating wench from "Hey Ash whatcha playing ?" :eek: , although she did a great job in fairness :P

tok9 wrote: »
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO

I missed them because I was playing Borderlands so late last night! This world is cruel.

On another note, started a new game with the Mecromancer and she is class.

I only redeemed just before i posted this morning so might still be good,

Also started a mecro, finding her very effective though being boosted 10% in all badass ranks helps maybe ? There was a funny glitch they patched out where deathtrap would restore the enemies shields instead of yours :D

The southpaw oil and gas place seems to have a seriously higher drop rate for legendaries i've noticed I ran through it twice with Gaige and got a lvl 12 torge AR and lvl 12 shield which even though I'm lvl 16 now I'm still using.

I only redeemed just before i posted this morning so might still be good,

Also started a mecro, finding her very effective though being boosted 10% in all badass ranks helps maybe ? There was a funny glitch they patched out where deathtrap would restore the enemies shields instead of yours :D

The southpaw oil and gas place seems to have a seriously higher drop rate for legendaries i've noticed I ran through it twice with Gaige and got a lvl 12 torge AR and lvl 12 shield which even though I'm lvl 16 now I'm still using.

I tried it and it was already redeemed it said.

Ha, glad I wasn't using her when the death trap was helping the enemy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

That Evil Smasher glitch is OP

Crashed my game due to excess loot from Hyperius :D

Is Borderlands 1 any good? Downloaded it, but can't decide whether to play it, or play Borderlands 2 again with a different class (probably Gunzerker).

Just worried that going to play BL1 will just annoy me as most things will be just not as good as BL2.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,466 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Borderlands is great, but perhaps has an over-reliance on Claptrap for humour. Borderlands 2 has a bigger ensemble cast and everyone has their fair share of funny lines.

I loved Borderlands though. I played it through 2 and a half times.

There is a solid case for saying that Borderlands' DLC was stronger overall too (if you want to play beyond the main story).

PC / Mac CTWBT-X5ZWC-9WRB3-BJ3B3-RWF96
    Xbox 360 5TC3B-9F695-9ZX3R-5FBJT-J5TX3
    PlayStation 3 WJC3J-TXXKJ-KKW5T-H3KJ3-3CJZT

• Advertisement

Decided to go with BL2 as a Gunzerker. Hopefully get him up to level50 before the next DLC so I have a choice for it and raid bosses. Will play BL1 during the summer maybe, when the summer games drought kicks in (especially with no GTAV now)

Decided to go with BL2 as a Gunzerker. Hopefully get him up to level50 before the next DLC so I have a choice for it and raid bosses. Will play BL1 during the summer maybe, when the summer games drought kicks in (especially with no GTAV now)

Man it's actually crazy how different playing as a Gunzerker is compared to the Commando. As Axton, if I started to get into trouble, I could throw out the turret and pretty much hide. As Salvador, when you get into trouble and gunzerk, you have to go closer to enemies. Plus Axton had a much better regenerating health skill.

Maybe should have tried Maya or Zero instead

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Is Borderlands 1 any good? .

yes, it's far far better than 2 IMO. 2 is just tedious and annoying, 1 is fun

Man it's actually crazy how different playing as a Gunzerker is compared to the Commando. As Axton, if I started to get into trouble, I could throw out the turret and pretty much hide. As Salvador, when you get into trouble and gunzerk, you have to go closer to enemies. Plus Axton had a much better regenerating health skill.

Maybe should have tried Maya or Zero instead

Give it time dude, after playing the others and starting with the zerker he is definitely easiest class to play imo. You mention axtons health regen, the way I'm spec'd on the zerker if my shield goes and my health gets critical i hit zerk and woooooosh full health instantly, not as quick without a good class mod but still good enough. But with that spec the acid during the fight with Master Gee took out my shield and my health would regen faster then the acid could damage me, which meant I had full health but no shield for the fight while I was taking acid damage without zerking.

I found Zero to me the hardest and least enjoyable to play even at lvl 50 and trying several builds, pure sniper did insane critical damage but the guy was a liability in terms of survival in that spec.

Edit: I realised it could also be down to preference too, i mean given a choice in these games I go for brawler/ up close and in the thick of it every time as opposed to hanging back or the stealth approach lol

My main play through was with Zero and I'm currently playing as the mechromancer.

I'm probably finding the mech more fun but that's probably because she is fresh and I've maxed out zero.

Loved the Zero skill where you threw these missile like things and they could cause any amount of damage.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I have my gunzerker at level 45, and in TVHM I still have good survivability. He has a few abilities that help regen health, like Hard to Kill and Sexual Tyrannosaurus, as well as the ones that regen health when you're zerking like Come at Me Bro and Ain't got Time to Bleed. Worst comes to worst, have transfusion grenades on hand to leech a bit of extra health. One of those class mods that regenerates bullets constantly is pretty handy too :P

Denny M wrote: »
    I have my gunzerker at level 45, and in TVHM I still have good survivability. He has a few abilities that help regen health, like Hard to Kill and Sexual Tyrannosaurus, as well as the ones that regen health when you're zerking like Come at Me Bro and Ain't got Time to Bleed. Worst comes to worst, have transfusion grenades on hand to leech a bit of extra health. One of those class mods that regenerates bullets constantly is pretty handy too :P

Or filled to the brim is one of the first i invested in combined with regen of ammo when zerking = invaluable , plus the double your fun skill is insane with a legendary nade mod, so when you throw a + 10 child grenade you throw 2 = 20 and if they happen to be homing and or transusion and you are speced into the skill for allowing nades when downed ......... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM :D

Edit: the slayer and legendary beserker class mods add 4 or 5 points to some of those skills like hard to kill and filled to the brim so even a 6, 7 or 8 round magazine gun becomes viable with him too !!!!! as it could then have 20 rounds with those skills. Like my filled and hard to kill both show 10/5 with my mod.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That the mod you get from Boom-Bewm or one that you get in the Torgue add-on? Cause really, either of those things is nuts :P

And yeah, I love those abilities that either add to the chamber, or don't take away from it, it's brilliant when it happens with rocket launchers :D

Denny M wrote: »
    That the mod you get from Boom-Bewm or one that you get in the Torgue add-on? Cause really, either of those things is nuts :P

And yeah, I love those abilities that either add to the chamber, or don't take away from it, it's brilliant when it happens with rocket launchers :D

I use 2 torgue nade modes , one is homing caustic leech, and the other is a bonus package, Torgue also. the bonus package is nuts even if your only throwing one it's a case of stand well back and watch the boom, at close range you can wipe yourself out lol

When it goes to child grenades its a mass of explosions and death :D

• Advertisement

Or filled to the brim is one of the first i invested in combined with regen of ammo when zerking = invaluable , plus the double your fun skill is insane with a legendary nade mod, so when you throw a + 10 child grenade you throw 2 = 20 and if they happen to be homing and or transusion and you are speced into the skill for allowing nades when downed ......... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM :D

Edit: the slayer and legendary beserker class mods add 4 or 5 points to some of those skills like hard to kill and filled to the brim so even a 6, 7 or 8 round magazine gun becomes viable with him too !!!!! as it could then have 20 rounds with those skills. Like my filled and hard to kill both show 10/5 with my mod.

Yeah, soon as I saw the skill for doubling the grenades while gunzerking I thought of the bonus package grenade. Splits into about 15-20 smaller grenades. Double those would be lethal.

For the health situation I'm mostly sticking to Turtle shields until I get my skills up. At least until I get more used to gunzerking and get some good weapons.

Advertisement