Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

One large difference between 1 and 2 is that in 1 there is weapon proficiency, so you more or less have to grind with a certain weapon type to get better with it. Each of the classes is also a bit better with a certain type of weapon, but that's not that big a deal really, I only paid any attention to it when I was playing with friends online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Hotfixes that went live today

Borderlands 2 Hot Fixes
    February 12, 2013
    Mechromancer's Prodigy class mod now correctly increases reload speed.
    Seraph Gear from Captain Scarlett and Mr. Torgue DLC re-balanced to be more powerful.
    Sir Hammerlock DLC: Arizona no longer refuses to spawn if players are too far away.

I have to say I love how they had the foresight to implement this on consoles and not have to jump through the same hoops with MS for patches, so they can get fixes out and issue a permanent patch later.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Apparently Moxxi will be giving out some shift codes tomorrow for some lovey dovey day :P

PC / Mac Loverpalooza SHiFT Code: W3KJ3-69JR5-9CXT3-JTJJT-WSCK5
    Xbox 360 Loverpalooza SHiFT Code: W3W3B-BHX9K-3TSTX-WXJ3J-XCHKH
    PlayStation 3 Loverpalooza SHiFT Code: WJCJJ-HCBFB-CCKC3-H3CJT-6FBHW
    This year's offerings include special celebratory skins -- "Real Men Wear Pink" for Axton, "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" for Zer0, "Pretty and Pink" for Maya, "Pink Eyes" for Salvador, "Gumming the Works" for Gaige -- that will be available in the Quick Change character customization station, along with a special version of Moxxi's Critical Heart Breaker shotgun that will be the same level as (and appear in the backpack of) the first character you load after redeeming the code.

Just coming to post them, certainly better than a golden key !!!!!!! I <3 Moxxi :)

Ha just tested the gun, it has a heart shaped spread, fire element, and is Hyperion so you know what to expect from one of those.

"I don't want to set the world on fire... – Increased projectile count, fire rate, +50% critical hit damage boost, and always incendiary. Decreased damage and magazine size. Cannot spawn with a sight. Shoots in heart shaped pattern. Any inflicted damage returns health to the wielder (2% of damage)."

32614_10151329260824081_113501075_n.jpg

• Advertisement

Hit my second "prestige" earlier ..... uuugghhh I hate that term..... Ok second badass challenge reset .... thats better..... was going to turn off the console but I decided to visit petes bar....... 2 hours later I'm 1/3 of the way to my 3rd reset :eek:

It really is easier when starting from scratch and having the right tools to hand, like a norfleet for easy launcher challenges, homing caustic leech that adds to , pull the pin, transfusion kills, acid trip,and a few others,

Added a pic, but that was just after i reset, all stats are now +13% since my time in Petes earlier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 philemon

Hm, looks like Gearbox has at least a couple more of such events planned for sometime this year. Now that Halloween and Valentines are over, there's two more listings in master skin list that without location or a way to obtain. One set goes with the green theme (emerald assasin for exaple) so I'm guessing that's for Paddy's Day, the other one seems to has bits with black/shadow - any guesses lads ?

Can't link the doc from work but it's avaliable in siren section on gbx forums, skin/head thread if anyone's interested.

In my near 300 or so hours I'm still finding out new stuff :D

For xbox/ps3 you can trick the game into thinking there are 4 players in the game when you are playing by yourself, all you have to do is run up to the handle used to open the gate into Master Gee , and nothing else, you don't need to pull the handle just jump up to it.

Seems the way they handled leveling him has something to do with it, now you will know it has worked because if you have full ammo it will allow you to keep picking up more from boxes etc.

Not sure if you get the same xp like you would with 4 players as im maxed, but I can't see why not as it makes the game extremely difficult solo, the other pay off is the loot drops are the same as a 4 player game so better chance of legendary.

Only found this out when i realised i was picking up ammo when i was already full, and googled it.

The other thing I found on that same google search was how to regenerate rockets !!!!! If you have a torgue gun that fires those explosive projectiles or any similar one, I had a level 9 legendary one on another character but really it needs to only fire those wee rockets, and an absorb shield, you can fire it at your feet and the shield will absorb rockets, I was using a seraph sponge shield, this could be fatal with a high level gun and more successful the better the shield, as the sponge absorbed every other shot :) No more buying those super expensive rockets for me :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Tomorrow is Gearbox Software's Anniversary! I have SHiFT codes for ACM and Borderlands 2 that I will be dropping randomly this weekend.

https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Does the ACM code make the game not suck? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

nearly had a heart attack and flung my iMac across the room. I was rushing out the door, trying to quit the game as you do and was trying to press 'up' to go to the quit option (of course the borderlands2 menu doesn't allow you to do that) and i accidentally thought i started a new game. Quit that new game straight away and told me i was on level 1

FUUUU.

anywho went all the way out of the game and back in again, my lvl 27 assassin is still intact *phew*

Mr E wrote: »
    Does the ACM code make the game not suck? :)
    It's not a miracle :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

calex71 wrote: »
    The other thing I found on that same google search was how to regenerate rockets !!!!! If you have a torgue gun that fires those explosive projectiles or any similar one, I had a level 9 legendary one on another character but really it needs to only fire those wee rockets, and an absorb shield, you can fire it at your feet and the shield will absorb rockets, I was using a seraph sponge shield, this could be fatal with a high level gun and more successful the better the shield, as the sponge absorbed every other shot :) No more buying those super expensive rockets for me :D

I've been using that with the Norfleet and The Sham shield. Has a 94% absorption rate and, well, the Norfleet has insane splash damage :p

PS3: 5TKB3-R9CKT-K5WKT-H3CJT-BZF56
    PC/Mac: W3CJJ-BZR5C-ZK6T3-TT3TT-JS6T3
    360: 5TCJB-35RZC-ZHXBR-56B3J-3SSHK

.... so I wasn't the biggest fan of the Hammerlock DLC and really didn't play it that much or as much as the others , but I did notice it did give up it's specific loot very easily, had the rough rider, and the hammerlock pistol, chopper etc.

I have no idea why I didn't think to do this on my 1st run through it because I noticed straight away the witch doctors were leveling the savages.............. we've seen this a few times with goliaths and varkids already but.... I payed no mind to the witch doctors and savages .... until tonight when for some reason I actually paid attention and actively allowed the witch doctor to level them to ultimate and then to three level
    54 Omnd Omnd Ohk
    where when I shot 1 bullet at one of them
    I died as the bullet reflected off his shield and they de-spawned :mad:

So back for vengeance I went and spent an hour trying to get just one to spawn again :mad: and when I did my reward was his death and a legendary class mod and a
    twister shotgun
    which is cool, blue like most of the hammerlock stuff but very unique.

Tried that 4-player trick. Works a charm except for the fact every boss/mini boss drops crummy loot :( Even spawned Vermiverous twice in the caverns and in the farmhouse and got nowt of interest. I did however get a seraph weapon drop for the first time from Hyperious.

Will continue onwards however. Can see myself doing this trick until its patched.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Finally got my Gunzerker to Level 50 last night, mostly by just constantly killing BNK3R. In all the times I killed him (had to be nearly 100 times), one etech. That was the only thing above a normal purple he dropped.

I know legendaries are supposed to be rare but goddamnit...

Anyway, still have to finish the story mode with the Gunzerker but at least I have legendaries (which I traded from my Commando) to do it with now. Double Infinity pistols with skill points which increase pistol damage, and increase damage when two of the same guns are used? Plus The Bee shield? Awesome.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

The Raid Bosses will provide better lot, they should be your next stop.

Azza wrote: »

They give you a lot of purples alright, but their difficulty should enable them to drop a legendary or two on every attempt imo. Simply due to the fact that the way they have been designed for a group of players, they should get a decent reward.

If you go back to Borderlands and the original raid boss, Crawmerax, it dropped several greens, blues, purples and about 4/5 legendary weapons and also had a chance to drop a Pearlescent. Every player got their fair share of loot and thats a bit more fair.

Even using the 4 player difficulty 'cheat' I got nothing worthwhile from any raid boss last night. Granted Hyperious dropped a seraph weapon, but I can buy those :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Is it possible to beat those Raid bosses solo, or is it simply assumed that they're fought in a team of 4? Any time I've tried to take them on, I get beaten pretty badly, pretty quickly.

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    Is it possible to beat those Raid bosses solo, or is it simply assumed that they're fought in a team of 4? Any time I've tried to take them on, I get beaten pretty badly, pretty quickly.

It is. Just takes a bit of time, having your character specced correctly and having the right gear to take em out. Also, knowing where to stand so you aren't getting hit by them helps too :p

aaronh007 wrote: »
    It is. Just takes a bit of time, having your character specced correctly and having the right gear to take em out. Also, knowing where to stand so you aren't getting hit by them helps too :p

Yeah, I can solo Pyro Pete pretty easily once I either get up behind the pipes, or he jumps up after me and he goes behind the pipes
    Azza wrote: »

Yeah, it was just that BNK3R provides great XP (about 25000, plus whatever loaders and turrets you beat which are around 600 each) and can be beaten a lot quicker than the raid bosses, so using my Lvl50 commando and having my gunzerker in the game too (safely hidden) meant I could level him up fairly quickly.

Have most of the best legendaries, was just annoyed that the amount of times I did beat BNK3R and he dropped pretty much nothing (wouldn't mind a Sham shield, that's one I don't have and would be great for a Gunzerker)

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah, I can solo Pyro Pete pretty easily once I either get up behind the pipes, or he jumps up after me and he goes behind the pipes

Yeah, it was just that BNK3R provides great XP (about 25000, plus whatever loaders and turrets you beat which are around 600 each) and can be beaten a lot quicker than the raid bosses, so using my Lvl50 commando and having my gunzerker in the game too (safely hidden) meant I could level him up fairly quickly.

Have most of the best legendaries, was just annoyed that the amount of times I did beat BNK3R and he dropped pretty much nothing (wouldn't mind a Sham shield, that's one I don't have and would be great for a Gunzerker)

Zerker regenerates bullets anyway, sham would be wasted on him no???

Got a B*tch from the bunker last night ..... lvl 27 ffs :mad: Never checked what setting I was on, really kicking myself.

However getting a Deliverance this morning (miss calex found it actually) made up for it, so funny watching it following enemies when you reload it, it keeps shooting at them before exploding, if they die before it explodes it will lock on to another enemy, have to be the best tediore I've come across, miles better than the gunerang pistol

calex71 wrote: »
    Zerker regenerates bullets anyway, sham would be wasted on him no???

Not just for the addition of ammo, but for not taking damage from the shots it does absorb, which with an absorb rate of 80%+ would be incredible. Besides which, if you were zerking with two shotguns with a good fire rate (conference calls for example), even regenerating ammo might not stop you running out of ammo, or at least running very low.

Finished the main story on TVHM as Gunzerker last night. Going to have to do the DLCs again now so I can start trying to farm the raid bosses as him too.

Not just for the addition of ammo, but for not taking damage from the shots it does absorb, which with an absorb rate of 80%+ would be incredible. Besides which, if you were zerking with two shotguns with a good fire rate (conference calls for example), even regenerating ammo might not stop you running out of ammo, or at least running very low.

Finished the main story on TVHM as Gunzerker last night. Going to have to do the DLCs again now so I can start trying to farm the raid bosses as him too.

Ah ha never put 2 + 2 together on that one, I was using the Evolution shield because of it's health boost and near equal capacity vs other legendary ones, and elemental resistance, time to hunt me a sham as the sponge is only 28%

I've no idea where I got it from, probably someone duping, but I've a Blast Proof legendary shield. Thats what you'd need to soak up the damage. It's very high capacity at more than 160000+. Mine, I think, with Badass rank combined with skill points is about 177000+, so its fairly useful when I got charging into an enemy heavy area. Only downside is it takes off quite a large amount of health. I think the Hoplite seraph is similar, except that slows down your movement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

If you're on Xbox I've a sham that does 96% absorb, that I'll dup for you if you like.

PS3, but thanks anyway

PS3, but thanks anyway

I can dupe a 94% if you want? Plus the Norfleet... I should be online later, just join away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I can dupe a 94% if you want? Plus the Norfleet... I should be online later, just join away.

I may join!

Advertisement