Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Was there an update today? Just loaded up on the Xbox now and I can't go 5 feet without being killed in the beat down. Lvl 50 gunzerker and finished tvhm, going to have my first stab at farming but this is ridiculous:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

GK1001 wrote: »
    Was there an update today? Just loaded up on the Xbox now and I can't go 5 feet without being killed in the beat down. Lvl 50 gunzerker and finished tvhm, going to have my first stab at farming but this is ridiculous:mad:

There was on tuesday but nothing to do with mob levels or anything to kill you faster than normal, have you played that section TVHM before ? The Torgue DLC was pretty unforgiving on TVHM.

I actually had a successful night there farming pete 2 orange in 4 kills...... got nothing I didn't have better of already so you are welcome to a deliverance and a legendary zerker mod if you like ?

Cheers man, I'll pass though. I had played it through on TVHM no problem and went up to farm tokens for an unkempt harold. No problems on the way up but after getting the unkempt and coming back out I was getting slaughtered by 1 or 2 single bandits, not even a group of them. Ended up sniping from cover to get back down to the FT point and out. Everything was OK then, finished off the Torgue DLC no problem without any decent drops. Killed the Warrior 8 times with no legedaries dropped.

Still have the Hammerlock DLC to download. Should I do this on TVHM or move on to PT2.5? I also have a load of other side missions to complete but is there any real advantage to doing these in TVHM?

Last question, are the raid bosses easy enough to solo or do I really need to be teaming up?

Thanks

GK1001 wrote: »
    Cheers man, I'll pass though. I had played it through on TVHM no problem and went up to farm tokens for an unkempt harold. No problems on the way up but after getting the unkempt and coming back out I was getting slaughtered by 1 or 2 single bandits, not even a group of them. Ended up sniping from cover to get back down to the FT point and out. Everything was OK then, finished off the Torgue DLC no problem without any decent drops. Killed the Warrior 8 times with no legedaries dropped.

Still have the Hammerlock DLC to download. Should I do this on TVHM or move on to PT2.5? I also have a load of other side missions to complete but is there any real advantage to doing these in TVHM?

Last question, are the raid bosses easy enough to solo or do I really need to be teaming up?

Thanks

You don't really move to 2.5 if you have finished the game (main quests) then you are already in 2.5 enemies should be around lvl 48-51 52 in some cases.

I would do the hammerlock in TVHM for the simple reason that anything you get on normal will be useless to a lvl 50 character,

Raid bosses by their definition are designed to be stronger so that they are very difficult to beat solo, now if you have the right gear (not talking about using the smasher glitch) and build you have a shot at them but it's not easy, and then you have the issue where you could actually run out of ammo :D

Better quality video of the new character, same one as SXSW though

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1013/borderlands-2--mayhem-approaches-teaser

I draw your attention to what is written under the video

For a look at this mysterious new vault hunter, details on the upcoming level cap increase and more, come check out the Gearbox Software panel at PAX East on 3/24/13 at 12:30pm ET in the Main Theatre!

Finally !!!!! Gearbox have been too quiet about it for too long imo.

Edit : Lots of news today

As expected there is a St. Patricks Day event

fa9126fa67a1d8477150b475a3f84e85269011bc.jpg

Just like last time it's a gun you get from a quest which is a bit annoying.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=257858
    Celebrate the Luck of the Zafords in Borderlands 2 this weekend with special in-game events and gear! Each year, around this time, the Zaford clan takes a break from their war with the Hodunk bandit family to celebrate their good fortune and honor those that have passed on, such as that time Scooter buried their son alive in a shallow grave.

During this time, those who play Borderlands 2 while connected to the internet will see a temporary increase in the drop rates and rarity of shields! Plus, Absorb shields will have a better chance to absorb enemy bullets and Booster shields will have a higher chance of dropping a shield Booster when damaged.

In addition, the Zafords have prepared special gifts! To receive your celebratory Zaford gear, including special green skins for each character and a Chulainn SMG that will be the the same level as (and appear in the backpack of) the first character you load, enter the SHiFT codes below into Borderlands 2:
    PC / Mac Zaford Gear SHiFT Code: KTCBJ-C9RTC-BSFTJ-33TT3-FBWHF

Xbox 360 Zaford Gear SHiFT Code: KJCJ3-RCWC6-5K9BF-WFBT3-3WFKK

PlayStation 3 Zaford Gear SHiFT Code: CTK3B-99K3J-XXKW3-ZTWTJ-HJH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Paddy's Weekend Shift Codes
    Celebrate the Luck of the Zafords in Borderlands 2 this weekend with special in-game events and gear!

Each year, around this time, the Zaford clan take a break from their war with the Hodunk bandit family to celebrate their good fortune and honor those that have passed on, such as that time Scooter buried their son alive in a shallow grave.

During this time, those who play Borderlands 2 while connected to the internet will see a temporary increase in the drop rates and rarity of shields! Plus, Absorb shields will have a better chance to absorb enemy bullets and Booster shields will have a higher chance of dropping a shield Booster when damaged.

In addition, the Zafords have prepared special gifts! To receive your celebratory Zaford gear, including special green skins for each character and a Chulainn SMG that will be the the same level as (and appear in the backpack of) the first character you load, enter the SHiFT codes below into Borderlands 2:

PC / Mac Zaford Gear SHiFT Code: KTCBJ-C9RTC-BSFTJ-33TT3-FBWHF
    Xbox 360 Zaford Gear SHiFT Code: KJCJ3-RCWC6-5K9BF-WFBT3-3WFKK
    PlayStation 3 Zaford Gear SHiFT Code: CTK3B-99K3J-XXKW3-ZTWTJ-HJH5J

Active through to early Monday morning

lol Penn Ninja'd me there while I edited my post :D

/Shakes fist

calex71 wrote: »
    lol Penn Ninja'd me there while I edited my post :D

/Shakes fist

Snooze... lose... etc :P

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Penn wrote: »
    Paddy's Weekend Shift Codes

Active through to early Monday morning

Bought this in the recent xbox live sale, this weekend will be my first chance to start playing.

Will have to hold off as long as possible before using the shift code!

Jayd0g wrote: »
    Bought this in the recent xbox live sale, this weekend will be my first chance to start playing.

Will have to hold off as long as possible before using the shift code!

You mean because the gun will get scaled to your level?

Don't worry, it will come up again as a quest reward later in the game. The one with the code is only 3500ish damage at lvl 50 so I'd say it's at the lower end in terms of stats for that gun, oh and then theres the fact that it slags you while it's equipped :mad: Be a great smg but for that as it deals slag and shock damage at the same time.

• Advertisement

You mean because the gun will get scaled to your level?

Don't worry, it will come up again as a quest reward later in the game. The one with the code is only 3500ish damage at lvl 50 so I'd say it's at the lower end in terms of stats for that gun, oh and then theres the fact that it slags you while it's equipped :mad: Be a great smg but for that as it deals slag and shock damage at the same time.

So it's likely I'l find something more useful at my early level fairly quickly then, with the weapon not really all that useful at the later levels I'd planned to hold until?

Also, "slag"? Noob question, my apologies! Really looking forward to getting started over the weekend.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

If you 'slag' something, they turn purple and will take more damage from non-slag weapons. Basically a temporary damage booster.

Denny M wrote: »
    If you 'slag' something, they turn purple and will take more damage from non-slag weapons. Basically a temporary damage booster.

Ah ok, so I'd be taking more damage than normal while using the new SMG.

Sure that's no good! :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, it's something of a pay off. The enemy will take more damage from the electrocute that's part of the SMG too, cause the damage over time they take is increased too I think.

Jayd0g wrote: »
    So it's likely I'l find something more useful at my early level fairly quickly then, with the weapon not really all that useful at the later levels I'd planned to hold until?

Also, "slag"? Noob question, my apologies! Really looking forward to getting started over the weekend.

In the beginning it's going to be a pick up what ever is to hand, keep what works drop what doesn't.

Now not on my first or even 2nd character but ..... My Gaige character is like a legendary magnet.... and I'm not alone either anecdotal reports from others playing her have had the same happen, I got a lvl 6 bladed emperor smg, a legendary lvl 9 assault rifel , lvl 11 infinity pistol from the actual quest with doc mercy after farming one for hours with my lvl 50 Salvador and it just dropped from him like it was nothing and a f'n bee shield that dropped off a random psycho :mad:

By they way if you want those you are welcome to them as I have long out grown them..... yet I kept them all the same ..... I need to stop play Borderlands :S

Gold keys for Pi day

PS3 - CJWBT-HH9CT-CKWWB-STC3T-96Z6H.
    PC/MAC - CBC3B-5ZTF5-9WR3J-TTJJT-3K5K5.
    X360 - 535JB-959RX-T39JX-CX3TB-9XC3H

PS3 - K3C3J-6ZHC3-W5CKT-STW3T-JSKWH
    PC/MAC - 53WJJ-THTXW-HWRTJ-3TJBT-53R6S
    X360 - CJC3J-659X6-3T9TX-WRJTB-BWK9J

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

God i need to get around to finishing this game, first xcom distracted me then farcry then planetside 2 and now its 6 months later. From what i remember im not too far after
    roland dying
    how long is left would people say?

Not too far off the end from there in terms of story missions (3 more story missions after that if I remember correctly), though you might end up having to do a few side missions to help level up. Last few missions are pretty tough

Penn wrote: »
    Not too far off the end from there in terms of story missions (3 more story missions after that if I remember correctly), though you might end up having to do a few side missions to help level up. Last few missions are pretty tough

Isn't
    sawtooth cauldron
    the next area after that? That was a hell of a gauntlet when I first got there, seemed as if they were telling me straight out to go and lvl up a bit.

Isn't
    sawtooth cauldron
    the next area after that? That was a hell of a gauntlet when I first got there, seemed as if they were telling me straight out to go and lvl up a bit.

Yeah. It's still probably my most hated area in the whole game. That mission is pretty funny because of Brick, but definitely not a mission you should do without being at least 2 levels higher than the mission requirement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh i also wasn't a fan of sawtooth. i hated the threshers.

Just a quick heads up to those on xbox , and maybe everyone else.

There was a 3mb patch issued last night that seems to be effecting people in various ways, from the old BA rank reset to losing skins and heads etc.

Hard to say how widespread it is I'm just going on reports on the GB forums, but I would say refuse the patch for the time being it being a weekend it is unlikely a problem with it will be addresses until early next week.

No official word either on what exactly the patch was intended to actually fix.

Got to play this for about a day over the weekend, ridiculous fun!

Went with the soldier to start, played through the first game as Mordekai so fancied a change. Still find myself gravitating towards the sniper rifle.

Ditched the paddy's day SMG fairly rapid too!

PC / Mac: WTWT3-CXSKC-9KFT3-TBBJT-ZX5FF
    Xbox 360: KJWTT-5RC95-TB9TR-W63JJ-FHJWS
    PlayStation 3: 5TC3B-9F653-5WW5J-9BCJT-J5T3T

Should be active until the 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Kotaku wrote:
    The next character class in Borderlands 2 is a big, bad, psycho (you know, one of those bandits you shoot and kill all the time) named Krieg. An ex-psycho bandit that you can actually play as.

Krieg's main action skill is melee-based as we suspected, and it incorporates his Buzz Axe. When you attack with the action skill activated, Krieg swings his buzz axe at an enemy to get his full health returned to him. Of course, you can tweak the skill trees to your liking, but that's basically how it will work.

The DLC character will be available sometime this May for $10.

http://kotaku.com/5992137/the-newest-playable-class-in-borderlands-2-is-a-psycho-bandit-named-krieg

Doesn't sound like someone I'd want to put another 40-50 hours into, to be honest..... Anyone else?

Kotaku wrote:
    If you've played Borderlands 2 to completion and then played it through to completion a second time on True Vault Hunter Mode, and you're still looking for more, you'll be happy to hear that the game is getting something of a new game plus plus mode.

It's called Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, and you'll have to be at level 50 to run through on what will essentially be a third playthrough. This official third playthrough means, of course, that the difficulty will be scaled much higher. Gearbox announced the news today at their PAX East panel.

The update comes out next week on April 2. Best news, though? It's a completely free update.

New Game Plus Plus? Yikes. :)

http://kotaku.com/5992135/borderlands-2-is-getting-a-second-new-game-plus-mode-next-week

Last bit of news....

http://kotaku.com/5992134/borderlands-2s-level-cap-will-go-up-to-61-on-april-2

Level cap increase to 61 on April 2nd. But you have to pay $5 for the privilege (presumably 400 points).

Pearlescent weapons are returning too as part of the offer.

Should have been part of the New Game++ download, to be honest....

Watching the PAX thing at the moment, new character pass.... level cap I will have to think long and hard about at this point given my current stash size, it would essentially turn it to vending machine fodder :(

Edit: DLC into being shown ....... Tiny Tina ftw !!!!!!!

SO the Lvl Cap is covered by the season pass, so essentially we are getting a cap increase instead of content to fulfill their pass obligation and the new campaign DLC will be sold outside the season pass, well I guess thats going to cause a few nasty comments to Pitchfords Twitter lol

Also I'm guess but to get top level weapons you will have to be on ng++
    FOURTH DLC

-- completely done internally by Gearbox; biggest DLC ever done (BL1 and BL2 included)
    -- Giant package (giggity)
    -- Included in season pass
    -- should be finished 'before June is over' (as in released)
    -- short teaser was played, showing images of the original vault hunters and Tiny Tina playing 'Bunkers and Badasses,' a table-top rpg

June??????? :(

SO the Lvl Cap is covered by the season pass, so essentially we are getting a cap increase instead of content to fulfill their pass obligation and the new campaign DLC will be sold outside the season pass, well I guess thats going to cause a few nasty comments to Pitchfords Twitter lol

The quotes Gearbox as stating the level increase is not the 4th Season pass DLC :)
    "Gearbox emphasized that the level cap upgrade is not the final piece of the Borderlands 2 season pass and that a fourth campaign is still set to arrive before the end of June. More information on the level cap increase will be announced before its release next week."

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/03/24/borderlands-2-level-cap-increase-announced

• Advertisement

FFS - was trying to put this game to bed for a few months and get stuck into Dark Souls so I just wanted to finish up the Hammerlock DLC last night as I was almost there. Did that, and at about 10pm I say , lets just farm the warrior for a conference call before I leave it (as I don't have one and want to get it myself). Fast forward to 2.30am and all I've got are a couple of decent pink guns and 2 legendaries, a bad touch flakker which appears to be useless, and a handsome jack mask which is even worse...and now I can't move on from the game until I get one...not going to break yet and I'll let you know if I want a dupe but damn...just give me the goddam gun Warrior:mad:

ps... is the flakker of use in any situation? was thinking it might be good in pete's bar for farming Torgue tokens

Advertisement