Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fage 0% Greek Yogurt

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭DM-BM

For those in Cork looking for this, it is now in Dunnes Bishopstown Court. The first and only place I've seen it down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

DM-BM wrote: »
    For those in Cork looking for this, it is now in Dunnes Bishopstown Court. The first and only place I've seen it down here.

Dunnes have added it to their order list now so most of the big ones have it. If your local one doesn't ask and they can now order it in!

Half the price in dunnes to what it is in donnybrook fair!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I saw it in Dunnes (Knocknacarra, Galway) today for the first time.
    Now we have a choice of either Liberté and Fage in the one store! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

Dunnes in Rathmines and Cornelscourt are stocking Fage as well, maybe they are seeing how well it will sell as neither store had a huge amount in stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭AmyPL

groovyg wrote: »
    Dunnes in Rathmines and Cornelscourt are stocking Fage as well, maybe they are seeing how well it will sell as neither store had a huge amount in stock.

Do you happen to know how much Fage costs in Dunnes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Just a note that the 0% yogurt has 57 kcal and 10.1g of protein per 100g while the regular yogurt has 97kcal and 8.8g of protein per 100g. (taken from the fage website)

I went for the regular as I'm looking to get more calories and every little helps, it also tastes pretty good and I've eaten it without fruit or anything mixed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭cson

Anyone know if Dunnes in the City Centre sell Fage? D1 really is where I'd be looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Little Lion Woman

cson wrote: »
    Anyone know if Dunnes in the City Centre sell Fage? D1 really is where I'd be looking.

I spotted Fage in Henry Street at the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

It's also in the Dunnes in North Main Street in Cork City! No sign of it in the Patrick Street Dunnes..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭PurpleVintage

Saw it in Dunnes today in Tallaght :). Around 3.40 I can't remember exactly the price, 500g!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭cailineile

Three tubs in my fridge. I ate this religiously for 3 years when living abroad and missed it so much. Picked it up in dunnes in douglas court. Liberte was the best substitute but nothing beats real Greek yogurt. My breakfast for the week sorted. Fruit, nuts. Bring it on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I am going through way too much of it! There seems to be an increasing number of pots of it in the fridges at work too. Hopefully Dunnes will keep it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

cailineile wrote: »
    Three tubs in my fridge. I ate this religiously for 3 years when living abroad and missed it so much. Picked it up in dunnes in douglas court. Liberte was the best substitute but nothing beats real Greek yogurt. My breakfast for the week sorted. Fruit, nuts. Bring it on

I have a pot of 0% strained (thick) Greek yogurt in the fridge.. Got it in the farmers market in Douglas court on Saturday morning ! Yet to try it, but Ned ( the farmer) who makes it is always looking for feedback...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

Anywhere around Limerick - including out of town - that stocks this yog?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

iora_rua wrote: »
    Anywhere around Limerick - including out of town - that stocks this yog?

Dunnes in the Parkway. Got it the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

I picked this up in Dunnes Ashleaf, D12 yesterday, just noticed howwver that the bb date is today!
    Is it freezable? or is their much leeway on the bb date in peoples experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

I usually freeze it - it can defrost a bit grainy, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

juke wrote: »
    I usually freeze it - it can defrost a bit grainy, though.

Thanks, I actually made it in to "ice-cream"

- whizzed in blender - bag of frozen blueberries, half pot of Total 0% Greek yogurt, 2 frozen bananas sliced & a squeeze of honey. YUM.

made c 4 portions I reckon.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

slight rant here

Its impossible to find "standard" fat yogurts in most supermarkets.. Is this because of years of 0% / 0.01% fat marketing etc?

As someone who has a lot of dietary fat in their diet I can "afford" to eat fattier yogurt and the non fat yogurts have considerably more carbs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

conzy wrote: »
    slight rant here

Its impossible to find "standard" fat yogurts in most supermarkets.. Is this because of years of 0% / 0.01% fat marketing etc?

As someone who has a lot of dietary fat in their diet I can "afford" to eat fattier yogurt and the non fat yogurts have considerably more carbs

Fage actually do a regular yogurt that has 40% more calories and 4.8g/100g fat in it. Could be what you're looking for. Looks like this:
    http://products.usa.fage.eu/fage-total-classic-176-oz

Caliden wrote: »
    Fage actually do a regular yogurt that has 40% more calories and 4.8g/100g fat in it. Could be what you're looking for. Looks like this:
    http://products.usa.fage.eu/fage-total-classic-176-oz

And it's bloody delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

conzy wrote: »
    slight rant here

Fage fat free macros: 100 g, Calories: 57, Fat: 0g, Carbs: 4g, Protein: 10.3g

The higher fat versions are pretty much identical, except for fat/calories, and actually have more carbs. So if people are eating this stuff to lose weight, it obviously makes more sense to go for the lower calorie option.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭cson

Not quite Fage but the metrics on this aren't bad. €0.69 a tub in Centra Fairview.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Are these stocked in all dunes now?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

500gm pots are on offer at €3 and 170gmpots are €1 in Dunnes in Rathmines til 1st of July

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Patww79 wrote: »
    There's never any left now because of it though.

There was today....well, before I spotted it anyway :D

Liberte is on offer as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Does anybody know anywhere in Dublin 15 that sells it? I never see it when I'm shopping.

• Advertisement

Does anybody know anywhere in Dublin 15 that sells it? I never see it when I'm shopping.

Dunnes in the Blanchardstown Centre sell it.

Advertisement