Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roscommon GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭OldRio

Lovely lovely Leitrim.
    I enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Have a look at the schools in Roscommon town ,have a look at sport in general in Roscommon.It is played in pubs by fat blokes and tales from Knockrockery .my god,.Roscommon is rated as a town not to visit [for American tourists] I wonder why.Roscommon need another war to win an all Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

sting60 wrote: »
    Have a look at the schools in Roscommon town ,have a look at sport in general in Roscommon.It is played in pubs by fat blokes and tales from Knockrockery .my god,.Roscommon is rated as a town not to visit [for American tourists] I wonder why.Roscommon need another war to win an all Ireland.

Talking rubbish, what are you on a bout, have you not watched any under age football in the last few years. We might not have anything worth seeing for tourists but who cares if it means not having to put up to liatening to yanks around the place,

Talking rubbish, what are you on a bout, have you not watched any under age football in the last few years. We might not have anything worth seeing for tourists but who cares if it means not having to put up to liatening to yanks around the place,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

For a strong Roscommon line up that Leitrim result was a surprise. Rossies unable to get the best out of Senan Kilbride & with Donal Shine injured so often you would have to wonder where the scores needed to win tight games will come from?

In time the Murtaghs and Smiths etc will be good seniors however in the meantime Roscommon will likely have to spend another year in div 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

My name is Friedrich von Fürstenberg. I have spent the last 15 years searching for the most retarded comment on the internet. I have finally found peace. Obrigado!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

Des Newton has taken over St. Judes GAA club in Dublin. They're a decent senior side and have gotten to the championship semi final a couple of times

I am the most proud Roscommon man in Ireland but I am ashamed of the Standard of quality from my county.This regression has started with Roscommon CBS who were very seriously badly run in terms of football over the last 20 yrs.Roscommon is a joke and a laughing stock in terms of any type of sport
    ,fat kids watching fat fathers drink in pubs with nothing else to do.I love my county but we need another war to progress unless we can get professional.In relation to underage why have they not progessed I know the answer do you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I am the most proud Roscommon man in Ireland but I am ashamed of the Standard of quality from my county.This regression has started with Roscommon CBS who were very seriously badly run in terms of football over the last 20 yrs.Roscommon is a joke and a laughing stock in terms of any type of sport
    ,fat kids watching fat fathers drink in pubs with nothing else to do.I love my county but we need another war to progress unless we can get professional.In relation to underage why have they not progessed I know the answer do you.

Roscommon CBS won the B football championship in 2011 and played at a high level in the late '90's losing an B AI final and losing a A AI semi final and have produced plenty of players to the county set up over the last 20 years .

yabadabado wrote: »
    Roscommon CBS won the B football championship in 2011 and played at a high level in the late '90's losing an B AI final and losing a A AI semi final and have produced plenty of players to the county set up over the last 20 years .
    How many of that team are currently playing/played with Roscommon.Was back watching the Gaels recently and they look shocking.
    Talking toTony Mac he is telling me Roscommon are the worst he ever saw.

• Advertisement

How many of that team are currently playing/played with Roscommon.Was back watching the Gaels recently and they look shocking.
    Talking toTony Mac he is telling me Roscommon are the worst he ever saw.

Which team are you talking about the team from 2011 or the teams from the late 99's?

Which team are you talking about the team from 2011 or the teams from the late 99's?
    Remember last All Ireland final against Kerry and League final against Cork previous.How many Gaels players are now playing or in panel.Bridgets seem to want Bridgets so Roscommon will suffer because of same.

Remember last All Ireland final against Kerry and League final against Cork previous.How many Gaels players are now playing or in panel.Bridgets seem to want Bridgets so Roscommon will suffer because of same.
    not sure what u are on about ,I was asking about the CBS team.

not sure what u are on about ,I was asking about the CBS team.
    What CBS player has progressed under the shocking Mick Fahy.When you take when he started as principle and demise of the the Gales.

What CBS player has progressed under the shocking Mick Fahy.When you take when he started as principle and demise of the the Gales.

What has Mick Fahy got to do with the demise of Roscommon Gaels?Plenty of CBS players have played county football the last few years .The Gaels have had 2 purple patches in their history winning 5 finals in 8 years and then winning 5 in 10 years.
    2004 since they won a county final not the longest they have gone between wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Or Leitrim lads laying it on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Very disapointing, after beating mayo last week then to go and loose to bloody leitrim,

Leitrim drew no blood. They let yez off light :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

My name is Friedrich von Fürstenberg. I have spent the last 15 years searching for the most retarded comment on the internet. I have finally found peace. Obrigado!

Are you one of the Athleague Von Furstenbergs by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭IrishLad2012

It seems Roscommon lost the run of themselves after that win against Mayo last weekend. Most of the sides in div 3 are better than Leitrim but credit to them they love the FBD.
    You beat a very weak Mayo side and only scrapped a draw against IT Sligo, who are a lot poorer this year compared to other years. I was at the match in Carrick yesterday and Roscommon were completely played off the field by Leitrim, the scoreline didn't reflect the game, with 2 minutes to go Roscommon were 5 points down, they then got a questionable free and a very sloppy goal. I was amazed at how poorly your big names like Gilbride and Shine and the likes played.

Worrying times head me thinks for Roscommon football.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

You beat a very weak Mayo side and only scrapped a draw against IT Sligo, who are a lot poorer this year compared to other years. I was at the match in Carrick yesterday and Roscommon were completely played off the field by Leitrim, the scoreline didn't reflect the game, with 2 minutes to go Roscommon were 5 points down, they then got a questionable free and a very sloppy goal. I was amazed at how poorly your big names like Gilbride and Shine and the likes played.

Almost like he wasn't there at all I heard.

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    Almost like he wasn't there at all I heard.
    Donal wasn't playing but his brother/cousin? was..

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

The Mayo team Roscommon beat was far from weak,they had plenty of their established players.I would agree with your point regarding Sligo IT.

Leitrim were the better team and fully deserved the win but it was good to get a extra game in before the league and there is plenty of work to do .Its all about the league and a win vs Longford next Sunday is the main thing.

I don't think he's Roscommon supporter and the Mayo team that lined out in that game was fairly strong.

MAYO -- R Hennelly; K Keane, G Cafferkey, C Boyle; B Harrison, S McHale, D Drake; T Parsons, A O'Shea; D O'Connor, A Moran, A Gallagher; K McLoughlin, A Freeman, J Doherty. Subs: K Higgins for O'Connor (39), E Varley for McLoughlin (44), J Gibbons for Parsons (54), C Carolan for Moran (57).

Leitrim have beaten Roscommon for the 3rd FBD game in a row all low scoring games why are you amazed?

MAYO -- R Hennelly; K Keane, G Cafferkey, C Boyle; B Harrison, S McHale, D Drake; T Parsons, A O'Shea; D O'Connor, A Moran, A Gallagher; K McLoughlin, A Freeman, J Doherty. Subs: K Higgins for O'Connor (39), E Varley for McLoughlin (44), J Gibbons for Parsons (54), C Carolan for Moran (57).
    Not exactly a Mayo team you will see next August now is it?
    Leitrim have beaten Roscommon for the 3rd FBD game in a row all low scoring games why are you amazed?
    Like I said I was amazed by how poorly some of your top county players played.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Not responding to the rest of the post because it's daft as feck but ITS have one of the best squads in the Sigerson this year.

Syferus wrote: »
    Not responding to the rest of the post because it's daft as feck but ITS have one of the best squads in the Sigerson this year.
    I have watched the IT play this year and they are fairly poor, they play Jordanstown tomorrow and I cant see them coming away with a win.

No team is going to have a full strength squad this time of year but Mayo had 9 lads who played in the 2013 AI final playing against Roscommon.

No team is going to have a full strength squad this time of year but Mayo had 9 lads who played in the 2013 AI final playing against Roscommon.

I heard that mayo had only started training the week before they played us though abd that theyd a gallon of porter on their team holiday out foreign before that, I think we are back training about 6 Weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

I have watched the IT play this year and they are fairly poor, they play Jordanstown tomorrow and I cant see them coming away with a win.

You haven't been watching very closely if you've came to that conclusion. Jordanstown are one of the Sigerson favourites themselves so it's entirely possible ITS could lose in the first round but they are one of the best college teams right now, with key players in every sector.

• Advertisement

Like I said I was amazed by how poorly some of your top county players played.

Not exactly very weak team like you claimed. Did you expect Mayo to choose their strongest 15 for a FBD tie? and were you also amazed how poor some of Sligo,Galways top county players played against Leitrim this Jan?

Advertisement