Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The reset just after fifteen minutes. Spencer works with everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

for Doom, since we were talking about the win quotes in Marvel last Saturday.

0:58 Behold, the hitbox of the most broken move in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

2gen wrote: »

Amidst the hyperbole and playing against the character the move itself is annoying with the follow up and the risk to reward but it really is not the most broken move.

Helm breaker beats it clean, Vergils Hurtbox is non existent with that move

Taking the piss when I say the moves bust, so many more cheap things in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭C0unter

I figured out why the vita hitboxes "seem" wrong.Its because its a video(duh) and in marvel the hitboxes of moves change almost every active frame.You cant see it normally but if you watch the video frame by frame(by pausing and unpausing) you can see how it looks at frame 1.Which is http://imgur.com/ViKK4ViKK4:pac:
    ViKK4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Youtube videos are only 30fps so you're missing every second frame of game animation if you go frame-by-frame on a youtube video.

Nutrient wrote: »
    Amidst the hyperbole and playing against the character the move itself is annoying with the follow up and the risk to reward but it really is not the most broken move.

i was being sarcastic when i made that statement in bold.

C0unter wrote: »
    I figured out why the vita hitboxes "seem" wrong.Its because its a video(duh) and in marvel the hitboxes of moves change almost every active frame.You cant see it normally but if you watch the video frame by frame(by pausing and unpausing) you can see how it looks at frame 1.Which is http://imgur.com/ViKK4ViKK4:pac:
    ViKK4

yeah, that move looks a lot scarier in that pic :eek:

i was being sarcastic when i made that statement in bold

Regardless lets have a 'Brightside' discussion on boards:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Valormeer

Yo guy's just a quick heads up, I've got my capture card working finally. Starting up a new series Called The Scruboratory.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Gonna add mid game commentary for future one's Just looking too see if anyone from the boards would be interested in appearing in one? :)

I'm sorry but I only have the game on PSN my ID Is Valormeer. Why not drop me a line on here via PM or on PSN. We can then sort out a time and such for games :)

Thanks for reading :D (and watching)

Val

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Hitbox isn't what matters on that dp. It's the invincibility and follow ups.
    I don't think it's broken at all in marvel. I just think its dumb to give spidermans dp those follow ups and nothing to ryu cap akuma ect.

And I'm mainly jealous. Stars and stripes xx shield slash for a combo would be immense.

• Advertisement

Doyler01 wrote: »
    Hitbox isn't what matters on that dp. It's the invincibility and follow ups.

It has no invincibilty

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

"Hey Sam, wanna play a few games on XBL?"

"No, I can't, I have to go to the lab and work on assignments. Sorry, Zak Bennett."

:'(

Nevflinn wrote: »
    Zak Bennett."

Never heard of em

It has no invincibilty

Are you serious? Is it the only dp ever with no inv?

Then the move is fine. I swear that move has beaten moves clean that were active before it.

Nevflinn wrote: »
    "Hey Sam, wanna play a few games on XBL?"

"No, I can't, I have to go to the lab and work on assignments. Sorry, Zak Bennett."

U play him often? :o

I really want a few games with him

Are you serious? Is it the only dp ever with no inv?

Then the move is fine. I swear that move has beaten moves clean that were active before it.

As far as I know yes

Most Dp's in the game have invinciblity on start up, Ryu(L Dragon punch=1-2Frames), Cap(L dragon punch=1-6Frames), Akuma(L dragon punch=1-6frames)

Spider Sting L is 7 start up, 21Active (Same for all spider Sting variations), Recovery 20Frames Attributes (Knocks down)

This changes everythig. Ffs I've always been afraid of pressing buttons vs spidey cus of dp.
    I take back all moans about that dp ever made.

U play him often? :o

I really want a few games with him

I wish! I had my brother's birthday dinner that night, and then an assignment after that, so I just took a 10-minute break to work on a setup in training. Then all of a sudden I get an invite from Zak's gamertag - I don't know how he got mine: maybe he browses this forum, or someone told it to him. Now I'm just wondering when I'm gonna get a chance like that again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I've been playing this recently. Would like to get someone games with you guys since the online is so bad (finding decent connections and fair ranks)

Be warned I'm pretty garbage.

As far as I know yes

Most Dp's in the game have invinciblity on start up, Ryu(L Dragon punch=1-2Frames), Cap(L dragon punch=1-6Frames), Akuma(L dragon punch=1-6frames)

Spider Sting L is 7 start up, 21Active (Same for all spider Sting variations), Recovery 20Frames Attributes (Knocks down)

went into training mode just now and i set recorded the dummy to constantly jab. when doing the DP at the exact moment of the jab would come out, the attacks would trade.

looking back at the picture of the hitbox, i would say its because the dp's hitbox i quite large and i usually use the move just outside of jab range to get the hit/whiff punish.

also if you're above Spidey, just dont press buttons. kind of like the Dr Doom
    rule of "Dont press buttons while below Doom". if i know you're going to try to air dash/double jump/hit buttons while above Spidey, im going to dp to get the combo.

His DP is defiantly underrated but i think it is one of (if not) his best moves... but it is no way as good as the other top tier moves in the game.

• Advertisement

I've been playing this recently. Would like to get someone games with you guys since the online is so bad (finding decent connections and fair ranks)

Be warned I'm pretty garbage.

My gamertag's "Mardyke Raider". Toss me an invite when you see me next!

This is the vid i was talking about Nutrient,pretty awesome to watch Chris g play footsies against wolverine with ryu.

This is the vid i was talking about Nutrient,pretty awesome to watch Chris g play footsies against wolverine with ryu.

Match looks sick, I'd like if the game was less chaotic and more footsies based but it really isn't.

It's a smarter type of play, but won't get you too far in most High-tier mu's aka Doom/Dorm/Zero/Vergil/Mags/Morrigan/Viewtiful Joe...

Tell me how you play footsies against Mags/Dorm/Doom? Zero/Dante/Vergil or Morrigan/Taskmaster/Wesker

All things considering, if the players aren't going Ham then possible, but thats unlikely.

At's its core it's 50/50s, unblockables, Near-inpenatrable zoning and XF3 ham-mode

I think the game is pretty footsie based as it is right now.Like footsies don't just mean whiff punishing a cr.mk,avoiding the opponent and his assist while getting him to block your assist is also footsie.I think most top players play a footsie style,i mean the reason people were so impressed with Yipes dashes are because how good he was at spacing using them.

This is just my opinion on the game yours is probably just as valid.

I think the game is pretty footsie based as it is right now.Like footsies don't just mean whiff punishing a cr.mk,avoiding the opponent and his assist while getting him to block your assist is also footsie.I think most top players play a footsie style,i mean the reason people were so impressed with Yipes dashes are because how good he was at spacing using them.

This is just my opinion on the game yours is probably just as valid.

Agree controlling the space with your assists and normals is quite accurate a description

This is just impossible to do in most mu's, fighting Vergil for e.g is like dodging a bull everytime he comes at you, the impregnable force has been avoided

Theres definetly footsie style play out there but it's just undermined by the latter

One of the best marvel set

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Doyler, this is what I was talking about:

Nova's hyper isn't just projectile invincible, it nullifies projectiles on screen when he activates it so other characters you DHC into won't be affected by them.

Doyler, this is what I was talking about:

Nova's hyper isn't just projectile invincible, it nullifies projectiles on screen when he activates it so other characters you DHC into won't be affected by them.

Ohhh. Yeah I had seen this back when it was found. Really ****e.
    The startup is so slow u need to pre emptively activate.

Akuma assist eats up normal projectiles and not hypers. It's much more useful as its an assist, very fast and a hit confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Did Dark Onion start some sort of trend?

• Advertisement

Watch out scrubs, a new challenger appears.

Advertisement