Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Emmet Bolton nominated for an All Star. Well deserved.

Only right to be honest emmet is a model footballer and talented to boot!! Always looks dangerous for us

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭celt262

None for Johnston?

celt262 wrote: »
    None for Johnston?

Bitter lemons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭cormac halpin

celt262 wrote: »
    None for Johnston?
    Not sure he did enough to warrant one to be honest pal. Don't think he even started a game, apart from that hurling match.

Not sure he did enough to warrant one to be honest pal. Don't think he even started a game, apart from that hurling match.

Ah how refreshing a new user trolling forums.. I give you 3 months at best before you have to re reg ;)

• Advertisement

Ah how refreshing a new user trolling forums.. I give you 3 months at best before you have to re reg ;)
    Huh? I was just pointing out that it might be a bit much to expect him to get an All Star nomination given his lack of gametime this year. My reference to the hurling was a mere jape at the farcical nature of his registration, oh how we all got so worked up over that at the time. Surely the OP was the one trolling friend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Huh? I was just pointing out that it might be a bit much to expect him to get an All Star nomination given his lack of gametime this year. My reference to the hurling was a mere jape at the farcical nature of his registration, oh how we all got so worked up over that at the time. Surely the OP was the one trolling friend?

Go away you irritating troll - is school lunchbreak not over by now

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Go away you irritating troll - is school lunchbreak not over by now
    I resent being referred to as a troll, this is how rumours start on an internet forum. Please take it back and we can move on.

I resent being referred to as a troll, this is how rumours start on an internet forum. Please take it back and we can move on.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck..... I resent your thread spoiling but hey that's life.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck..... I resent your thread spoiling but hey that's life.
    I accept your apology and hope we can move on. Thanks bud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Confirmed staying on alright but throw this into hat rumour mills running that he will also be under 21 manager!!

I think this could possibly be a good thing he wants to develop young talent himself before senior call ups etc. could potentially have younger players breaking through from an earlier age!!!

CILL DARA ABÚ

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/football/2012/1003/340110-kieran-mcgeeney-to-continue-with-kildare/
    Kieran McGeeney will continue for another year as Kildare senior football manager after being ratified at last night's county board meeting.

It will be McGeeney's sixth year in charge of the Lillywhites.

Castledemot's Damien Hendy will join St Kevin’s clubman Niall Carew on the senior management team in place of John Rafferty, who spent one year in the selector’s role.

McGeeney, Carew, Syl Merrins and Tom Cribben make up the U-21 management team.

Anyone know why the media were thrown out of last nights County Board meeting guys?

I accept your apology and hope we can move on. Thanks bud.

Trust me bud you'll get no apology from me

Trust me bud you'll get no apology from me
    :eek:

Anyone know why the media were thrown out of last nights County Board meeting guys?

They wanted discuss private matters maybe?

Kildare want to move from the hype and get back to playing football.

They wanted discuss private matters maybe?
    Wait, are you saying this is why it was or, are you just speculating? I only ask because I asked does anyone "know", and from your use of the word "maybe" and question mark it would seem that you don't, but you did answer when I asked did anyone "know", hence the confusion on my part.

Kildare want to move from the hype and get back to playing football.
    And hurling of course, after all, it was a county board meeting, not just a football board one.

Wait, are you saying this is why it was or, are you just speculating? I only ask because I asked does anyone "know", and from your use of the word "maybe" and question mark it would seem that you don't, but you did answer when I asked did anyone "know", hence the confusion on my part.

And hurling of course, after all, it was a county board meeting, not just a football board one.

Cormac do everyone a favour and keep your opinions to yourself or start a Laois thread!!! And stay in it!!

Not great advertising for your company you using here acting the dick with your full name great business on your part!!!

How many users are u trying to wind up?? Dublin, Kildare, Meath, Cavan the list goes on!!

You keep this up and you will be first person on my ignore list

I never said meeting wasn't about hurling either!!!

Get back under your bridge

I find your post grossly offensive and unwarranted.

I find your post grossly offensive and unwarranted.

I find your attitude in gaa forums stinks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

I find your attitude in gaa forums stinks.
    Don't rise to him.
    Fair play to Emmet Bolton.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

What's the story with McGeeney managing the U21s?

Kildare County Board looking for some VFM?

dcr22B wrote: »
    What's the story with McGeeney managing the U21s?

Kildare County Board looking for some VFM?

Howdy!! Mcgeeney as far as I'm aware wants to oversee some of the younger guys. With a view to getting them to senior standard sooner.

I think it's a good idea, well I hope it is anyways

Don't rise to him.
    Fair play to Emmet Bolton.

Yeah to be fair emmet really does give the county his all, absolutely love seeing him on the ball he is really great to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭kildare9

well lads, fair to say its a tough draw for Kildare. We'll beat Offaly, but we'll not beat Dublin. Simple as.

kildare9 wrote: »
    well lads, fair to say its a tough draw for Kildare. We'll beat Offaly, but we'll not beat Dublin. Simple as.

Best off pulling out of the championship so???

Jesus are we beaten in championship before the league starts? Dublin are a great outfit, but the lads will fancy going all the way with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kencoo

Dublin are a good outfit but were workmanlike for most of this championship. Who knows what they or we will be like in 8 months. Dont suppose Kevin Feely will wear a lillywhite jersey anytime soon? or maybe a few similar types in the under 21s by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Youssef Chippo

kildare9 wrote: »
    I love your optimism :rolleyes:
    kencoo wrote: »
    Dublin are a good outfit but were workmanlike for most of this championship. Who knows what they or we will be like in 8 months. Dont suppose Kevin Feely will wear a lillywhite jersey anytime soon? or maybe a few similar types in the under 21s by any chance?
    Dublin are a very good side but they are more than beatable as we seen this year. Wexford and Laois really should have beaten them.

Kevin Feely is getting offers from England atm so I think he is a no go for now unless he chooses to play for us but that will not happen and who could blame him, he has turned in some brilliant performances for Athy in the championship so far this year.

Now that the U21 and seniors will be training together it will only bring on the younger lads even more.

I'm not sure blooding these young guys in the league is a good idea, throwing lads into the deep end against the likes of Donegal, Kerry, Dublin and Tyrone might result in relegation. The O'Byrne Cup and tough challenge games is the place to blood them IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭deisedude

<mod note> cormac hailpin banned for a week for a poor attempt at trolling

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Greenngold

How has Johnston been playing with St Kevins. Had a great game in a relegation play off against Round Towers, any other games besides it that he stood out

Advertisement