Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭celt262

High profile players from Carlow and Offaly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Tomorrow's when we find out how much progress this Kildare team has made - only a win will prove Kildare's credentials as a top team. Anything else and I think it could be back to the drawing board - I wish ye well..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Tomorrow's when we find out how much progress this Kildare team has made.
    I'd say we'll find out more on Sunday ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

I'd say we'll find out more on Sunday ;)

Jaysus man I would be right in just over an hour - could you not have let me have that one :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Jaysus man I would be right in just over an hour - could you not have let me have that one :D
    If ye weren't a Cavan man.... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

celt262 wrote: »

I'm afraid we don't have too many of these nowadays:D, nonetheless, rumours abound this long time about one in particular being made an approach. He's an easy target for the rumour mill though because he works in kildare!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I have heard of four and three are suposed to definate, the fourth is just a rumour, i will let you know tomorrow i want to see if it is one of the ones i was told about.

Say it before its printed or I call BS on your post!!!

Johnston was one supple was the other who are the other 2 or 3 your talking about??

I doubt you will post who it is before the article as your post stinks of BS tbh and again right before a big game the crap is thrown at Kildare gaa all I can say is yawn this is getting boring
    I agree I doubt there will be more players coming in after the way the last one was received.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

So basically you're dragging up the old Niall McNamee chestnut and throwing in Brendan Murphy for good measure.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Syferus wrote: »

So basically you're dragging up the old Niall McNamee chestnut and throwing in Brendan Murphy for good measure.
    Maybe Larry is transferring back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I have heard of four and three are suposed to definate, the fourth is just a rumour, i will let you know tomorrow i want to see if it is one of the ones i was told about.

You've heard pub talk basically, wouldn't be too worried about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

So does anyone have a link to this article?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭celt262

To Alcohol wrote: »
    So does anyone have a link to this article?

Is there an article ?

I didnt get out to see if there was or not yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Is there an article ?

I didnt get out to see if there was or not yet.

Pub talk and hearsay. Enough of these rumours until something more concrete to support this comes out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

blackbelt wrote: »
    Pub talk and hearsay.
    Or just trolling...:rolleyes:

Or just trolling...:rolleyes:

How about you be careful on how "smart" you are?

Just picked up tickets in Hawkfield. Hogan stand upper tickets are now on sale. Could be close to 60,000 at the match tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Did a little match preview here if anyone's interested:

http://www.livegaelic.com/news/cork-vs-kildare-football-quarter-final-preview-2012/

keane2097 wrote: »

nice job well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

keane2097 wrote: »
    It's more an overview of the season so far for both teams than a preview if I'm honest.
    Grand for what it is but needs some editing

All the very best to the lads today. Up the intensity and go out with a real belief we can beat Cork and victory can be achieved.

Genuinely believe the way Cork are set up will suit this Kildare side. We've a great chance to knock them right out of their stride.

• Advertisement

To Alcohol wrote: »
    All the very best to the lads today. Up the intensity and go out with a real belief we can beat Cork and victory can be achieved.

Genuinely believe the way Cork are set up will suit this Kildare side. We've a great chance to knock them right out of their stride.

I'm probably going to come back to a barrage of undue criticism but Kildare cannot go head to head with Cork and just take them on in the traditional sense of 15 against 15.Did that in 2008 and they playing catchup the whole game.

Kildare seriously need to vary the kickouts.Short kick outs to the full back line and to the wing backs varied with some traditional centre kicks.Corks midfield and half backs often come forward but don;t score but if they roam forward and get the ball into the Cork forward line, they will do enough damage to get a foothold in the game.If Kildare can somehow limit Corks scores in the first 20 minutes, Kildare will have a better chance due to Corks "freshness".Those A v B games they have down there will have kept Cork very competitive for places.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

RTÉ preview of the game

I'll sum up the most important part - Verdict: Kildare

full_irish wrote: »
    RTÉ preview of the game

Kildare people that I know personally have been tipping Cork for the win. I would be annoyed to see Kildare tipped as favourites if I were a Kildare man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

full irish wrote: »
    RTÉ preview of the game

As we in Dublin only no to well it doesn't mean a thing what the :experts: say or who they think will win,On the day,In the match,That's what counts.

hope kildare win today.

20 minutes in and Cork are cruising after a slow few minutes at the start.

A mountain to climb now for Kildare who are losing their composure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Good stuff Kildare great catch by O'Connor next 3 scores are vital

Halftime coming too soon for Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Brilliant play from Kildare now Doyle and smith have been brilliant

Good response from Kildare, Cork look sluggish at the moment.Turning Cork over in the Kildare territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Nobody could doubt kildares fight Jesus I'm seriously impressed with the reaction after a brutal assault by cork forwards for 10 or 12 minutes if we do nothing else keep cork forwards on a leash

• Advertisement

5 points without reply, very uncharacteristic by Cork.Johnny Doyle really tearing into Cork with some lovely points.

Advertisement