Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferrybank Shopping Centre - Again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭fuzzy dunlop

robtri wrote: »
    just no, no and no.....
    Waterford have provided some services at the request of KK and they paid them for it.. and don't forget Waterford cit is responsible for certain areas over there...
    Soem waterford people really have a chip on the shoulder ....

So KK are not able to provide services in the area without Waterford:D As for Waterford people having a chip on their shoulder KK council are the ones changed the local area plan to removed any acknowledgement that it is a suburb of Waterford. That is how petty the are!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

just no, no and no.....
    Waterford have provided some services at the request of KK and they paid them for it.. and don't forget Waterford cit is responsible for certain areas over there...
    Soem waterford people really have a chip on the shoulder ....

Ah Jaysus. Given the attack on Waterford by Hogan and Co, that is indeed the most ludicrous of statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Speaking of the whole Ferrybank area ,is the government appointed commission on the boundary extension not meant to report this month?

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Speaking of the whole Ferrybank area ,is the government appointed commission on the boundary extension not meant to report this month?

I think it is. I would imagine the outcome is a foregone conclusion though.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭mountcisco

wellboytoo wrote: »

Report date was extended to March 31st 2016, probably after the election.

http://www.munster-express.ie/local-news/boundary-commission-deadline-is-extended/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

bilibob wrote: »
    They are also in the process of building a park on unfinished part of Aylesbury, a greenway on the trainline and cyclepaths/ traffic calming on both the Belmont road and the Abbey road. These are the already in progress. Waterfords boundary (and funding- and cleaning up) stops just at the post office. They have certainly not cleaned up any ferrybank sh1t, and daresay they could do more to clean up the Carrickpherish road and the unfinished estates out the back of Ballybeg.

I think the park is a joint venture between the residents and the brothers of charity in Belmont

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭fuzzy dunlop

mountcisco wrote: »
    Report date was extended to March 31st 2016, probably after the election.

http://www.munster-express.ie/local-news/boundary-commission-deadline-is-extended/

Surprise! Surprise!. The can is kicked down the road until "after an election". Who'd have thunk it could happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bilibob

There is a separate park and walkway being developed by ucasadh on brothers of charity land. The Aylesbury site is being developed by Kilkenny county council. The Aylesbury residents will have some input, as it was on the unfinished part of their estate. There are also ongoing discussions about more housing on that site. The park will not use the entire aylesbury site.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Irishlad2014

Plans for the expansion of city square on News and Star today according to WLR. If anyone has a picture could they post is?

Plans for the expansion of city square on News and Star today according to WLR. If anyone has a picture could they post is?

*Cue the objections...........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Irishlad2014

I was supposed to say theres an artist impression on the News and Star, if anyone could post it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

Just rearranging the chairs. Still won’t make it financially viable.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,934 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

BBM77 wrote: »
    Just rearranging the chairs. Still won’t make it financially viable.

feng shui is good, apparently:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Shouldn't this be in the Kilkenny forum? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

on a slightly side note I hear Mr Price has opened up in the Abbey shopping centre.....

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

on a slightly side note I hear Mr Price has opened up in the Abbey shopping centre.....

Yeah, it opened up there today, it's a fine size shop too. Hopefully they'll be the catalyst for a few more shops to take a chance over there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Yeah, it opened up there today, it's a fine size shop too. Hopefully they'll be the catalyst for a few more shops to take a chance over there now.

Can we thank the saudis for this also? News of their imminent investment in the 'city' encouraged this??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Another nail in the coffin of the so called still in Kilkenny Ferrybank carbuncle!

Another nail in the coffin of the so called still in Kilkenny Ferrybank carbuncle!

what???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

what???
    Yea up the hill, Mr price in abbey park ,
    It must be costing some money with ongoing security on the ferrybank no shopping centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Bards

Probably the most Expensive Library on the whole Island of Ireland.

You can be damn sure that Big Phil put it in there so the cost of the centre would be subsidised by the taxpayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Bards wrote: »
    Probably the most Expensive Library on the whole Island of Ireland.

You can be damn sure that Big Phil put it in there so the cost of the centre would be subsidised by the taxpayer.

Considering the library only cost 1 million it's probably among the cheapest in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

what???

That site will be in Waterford City in a few years when the expansion goes through.

That site will be in Waterford City in a few years when the expansion goes through.

now i with you.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Thought the latest was that the boundary extension was dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Read on beat fm site that changing top floor to offices, that should be welcomed...whole thing should be changed to offices only IMO

Max Powers wrote: »
    Read on beat fm site that changing top floor to offices, that should be welcomed...whole thing should be changed to offices only IMO

I would agree... total offices would be very welcome... some high end offices with great parking is sorely needed

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭rekdtangle

Fit it out completely as offices. I'm looking for space to fit 400 people into an office at the moment and I'm having zero luck in Waterford.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭Sosurface

rekdtangle wrote: »
    Fit it out completely as offices. I'm looking for space to fit 400 people into an office at the moment and I'm having zero luck in Waterford.
    Goway outta it you. We cant be having common sense ideas that might actually work when theres white elephants to be invested in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

rekdtangle wrote: »

why don't you contact them then, I'm sure they'd bend over backwards to get 400 people in there.surely there is good bit of space in railway square too, bottom 2 floors of that look vacant.

Advertisement