Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I won't be around to purchase this until Monday so I'm wondering if any of you have ordered a download off the official Football Manager site below:

http://uk.download-store.sega.com/shop/football-manager-2012

Priced at £29.99 it'll work out a good bit cheaper than paying the €50 Steam want for it, but what way does it work?

Ideally I'd like to pay less than €40 for it and get it downloaded tonight rather than waiting until Monday to buy the disc (I'm very impatient :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Paully D wrote: »
    I won't be around to purchase this until Monday so I'm wondering if any of you have ordered a download off the official Football Manager site below:

http://uk.download-store.sega.com/shop/football-manager-2012

Priced at £29.99 it'll work out a good bit cheaper than paying the €50 Steam want for it, but what way does it work?

Ideally I'd like to pay less than €40 for it and get it downloaded tonight rather than waiting until Monday to buy the disc (I'm very impatient :pac:)

They give you a serial code that you enter into steam so there's absolutely no reason to pay €50 directly on steam.

Even cheaper here £27.99 http://game.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Football-Manager-2012-2661-42.html

edit: £24.99 here http://www.dixonsdownloads.co.uk/product/lp27600/football-manager-2012/

ShaneU wrote: »
    They give you a serial code that you enter into steam so there's absolutely no reason to pay €50 directly on steam.

Even cheaper here £27.99 http://game.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Football-Manager-2012-2661-42.html

Excellent.

So, if I order from Game they'll email me a serial code straight away that I type into Steam will they? I guess I can download the game then and as soon as the unlock comes at 00:00am I can play it? Or will I have to wait till that time to get the code and another hour or so for it to install? Where on Steam do I input the code? Is it on the 'product activation'? Sorry for the questions but I've always found Steam difficult to navigate and that's whilst having the hard copy of the game, so I'm afraid I'll make a balls of it with the code! :pac:

Very surprised at Steam chancing their arm with a €50 price when it's available on another places for much less.

Paully D wrote: »
    Excellent.

So, if I order from Game they'll email me a serial code straight away that I type into Steam will they? I guess I can download the game then and as soon as the unlock comes at 00:00am I can play it? Or will I have to wait till that time to get the code and another hour or so for it to install? Where on Steam do I input the code? Is it on the 'product activation'? Sorry for the questions but I've always found Steam difficult to navigate and that's whilst having the hard copy of the game, so I'm afraid I'll make a balls of it with the code! :pac:

Very surprised at Steam chancing their arm with a €50 price when it's available on another places for much less.
    Go to your game library, bottom left corner "add a game" "activate product on steam"

You don't have to wait until 12 to enter the code, I assume you can pre-load it.

Go to your game library, bottom left corner "add a game" "activate product on steam"

You don't have to wait until 12 to enter the code, I assume you can pre-load it.

Brilliant, thanks.

I'll give it a go now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Let us know how you get on

Let us know how you get on

Ordered from Game as I only noticed the Dixons price that Shane edited in after I had processed the payment.

Transaction went through no problem and they're emailing me the activation code at 00:00am.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Will CDWow send out a code too?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Can you install this on more than one PC?
    PC and laptop would be handy

mars bar wrote: »
    Will CDWow send out a code too?

No
    Can you install this on more than one PC?
    PC and laptop would be handy

As many as you want, you can install it on macs too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

No

Thanks!

SI are saying they have a fix in place for the Mac for the release date and at around 12 noon tomorrow for the demo. CDWow haven't dispatched the game yet it seems so this will at least give me time to mess around with the demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056425693

Just ordered it from fmbase and have it pre loaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Game installed and playing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

KevIRL wrote: »
    Game installed and playing :D

Whats the press conferences like? differ from Fm11 or still repetitive?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

James__10 wrote: »
    Whats the press conferences like? differ from Fm11 or still repetitive?

Just calling my first team meeting havent gotten to a press conference yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

KevIRL wrote: »
    Just calling my first team meeting havent gotten to a press conference yet

So Jealous

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Anyone from Gamesplanet get their licence key emailed yet? I'm still waiting and it says they will email you at 00:00GMT.....:(

Edit:Just got it now.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

anything cool anyone noticed?

xtal191 wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056425693

Just ordered it from fmbase and have it pre loaded.

I have ordered from FM base as well, but I cant see where to download it from????

• Advertisement

I have ordered from FM base as well, but I cant see where to download it from????

Would you not download it via steam and they email you the activation code?

Just popped into town to get my copy of FM12, so i shopped around and got my copy in HMV, its was €32.99...not so bad but the difference in prices were crazy

Game €40.00
    Gamestop €44.99
    HMV €32.99
    Smyths €39.99

How can the others justify charging such a high price when HMV are doing the game for €32.99...

Its also cheaper nearly everywhere else onlne

busyliving wrote: »
    Would you not download it via steam and they email you the activation code?

Thanks, activated and downloading now.
    Price was too good to miss :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Delighted that I have such a big game going in FM11 that I'm not tempted to get this on release day :D Will give it a few weeks for the bugs to be fixed and then I'll pick it up :)

Thanks, activated and downloading now.
    Price was too good to miss :D

How much did you pay via FM Base?

busyliving wrote: »
    How much did you pay via FM Base?

I got it for £26.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

ordered it from 365games.co.uk on Monday and still no sign of it doubt i'll get it today will have to wait til Monday now :mad:

xtal191 wrote: »
    I got it for £26.99

Converted to €31.79 on visa from FM Base

So fair play to HMV for doing it for €32.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Mikey101

just paid 39.99 euros in HMV Kilkenny, I'd imagibe it can be got cheaper elsewhere but paid the extra for convenient and so that i can lash it on as soon as I get home.

Advertisement