Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Cant see the demo on Steam yet

I wasn't impressed one bit with the releases of the previous 2 versions but I'll probably end up buying this on steam like a crack addict clucking for a hit come the release date

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭raglinroad

There's a delay in getting them synched across servers, so I'm told.

Should be up shortly, I hope. I'll let you know if I hear anything :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Looking forward to this now, still a bit meh as to whether I''ll be buying this release day or not. Might wait a while to see how it goes and if all is good I'll get it!

Feedback on SI forums from people so far have been positive. Then again it's only been an hour. Looking forward to it myself. There goes my weekend, there goes my job.

Some people say this works

copy this to your Run command

steam://install/71280#

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

Anyone know how long the Demo will run for....Like half a season or a full season?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Half a season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Downloading now, cheers raglinroad!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Keeps unexpectedly quitting on me when launching. :(

mars bar wrote: »
    Keeps unexpectedly quitting on me when launching. :(

That wouldnt fill anyone with confidence!

You sure that you meet all the specifications? You have a look at the SI forums to see if your problem is a common one?

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    That wouldnt fill anyone with confidence!

You sure that you meet all the specifications? You have a look at the SI forums to see if your problem is a common one?

2011 worked for me on the demo and I still play 2010 regularly. I always feel it's a game of luck when it comes to games and Mac's. I've been updating my system so I hope that works.

EDIT: Nope. :(
    This is what I am met with.

297390_10150842437750307_737165306_20652388_1045598731_n.jpg

Oh and I have uninstalled 2011 from Steam and I never ran 2010 on Steam...

2011 worked for me on the demo and I still play 2010 regularly. I always feel it's a game of luck when it comes to games and Mac's. I've been updating my system so I hope that works.

EDIT: Nope. :(
    This is what I am met with.

297390_10150842437750307_737165306_20652388_1045598731_n.jpg

I dont have a Mac so I cant really help but if you browse/post in this thread

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276659-Football-Manager-2012-Demo-*OFFICIAL*-Feedback-Thread

You'll see if your issue is common and the demo release is at fault, which is likely with SI, or you can post and the SI's QA guys will give you a proper solution to the problem.
    Oh and I have uninstalled 2011 from Steam and I never ran 2010 on Steam...

I've FM09/10/11 installed through steam on a PC and I've no issues or conflicts between them.

I dont have a Mac so I cant really help but if you browse/post in this thread

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276659-Football-Manager-2012-Demo-*OFFICIAL*-Feedback-Thread

You'll see if your issue is common and the demo release is at fault, which is likely with SI, or you can post and the SI's QA guys will give you a proper solution to the problem.

I've FM09/10/11 installed through steam on a PC and I've no issues or conflicts between them.

I posted the screenshot to their facebook page and I think my graphics/video card isn't enough. :( Hopefully an update will do the job...

It seems unless SI figure out a way to make the game work on Mac OS X 10.5, I'll have to pay an additional €30 to upgrade my laptop to play it. :mad:

Although, it might be a blessing in disguise. It's never had a proper update in the 3 years I've had it! :o

Have you tried updating your graphics card driver?

Only got a chance to play it last night for an hour.

First impressions were good. Once again, it will take me a few weeks to get used to the UI. But it all looks good and some neat little touches added.

What's everyone elses first impressions?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Any 3/4 month injurys happen in the first 5 mins of a game?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Will only get to play it tonight, does it include large db this year?

raglinroad wrote: »
    Only got a chance to play it last night for an hour.

First impressions were good. Once again, it will take me a few weeks to get used to the UI. But it all looks good and some neat little touches added.

What's everyone elses first impressions?

I've only played a little bit, the new UI is brilliant, on the players profile in particular. There is a lot more detail and information available...Also some of the new contract options, such as "release anything" and the "pay as you play deals/Amt contracts" are savage additions.

But the biggest feature, isn't available yet, as its a demo, but the add and remove leagues will be a big thing and will make long term games a lot better
    Any 3/4 month injurys happen in the first 5 mins of a game?

Only played a handful of games, only one 3 week injury so far

• Advertisement

Will only get to play it tonight, does it include large db this year?

On the demo? no chance, preset quick starts is all they have

I only had about a 10 minute look around, looks grand. I couldnt be arsed playing 6 months of a quick start league though, the sense of dissatisfaction is too much :pac:

I do remember the FM11 demo being all nice and shiny but I also remember being immeasurably frustrated when it was released because I ran into so many bugs trying to play the game.

On the demo? no chance, preset quick starts is all they have

I only had about a 10 minute look around, looks grand. I couldnt be arsed playing 6 months of a quick start league though, the sense of dissatisfaction is too much :pac:

I do remember the FM11 demo being all nice and shiny but I also remember being immeasurably frustrated when it was released because I ran into so many bugs trying to play the game.

I've been on the official forums and there seems to be no real bugs found, just a few goals being scored from corner(well...higher than average that is)

busyliving wrote: »
    I've been on the official forums and there seems to be no real bugs found, just a few goals being scored from corner(well...higher than average that is)

I wouldnt expect to find many if any in the demo releases

raglinroad wrote: »
    Have you tried updating your graphics card driver?

I dunno, wouldn't know how to do that!

There's nothing about graphics updates in the software updates. I hate doing those updates coz I have to do them standalone as the laptop always freezes on restart.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Really liking the player info screens, loads of useful info in one place, also the comparison screens are great.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

After having a quick gander around the demo, it's not bad.
    Like the UI, looks very smooth! I'm not 100% on the new player profile, some great ideas but I think it could have been executed better. Maybe it just needs time to become easier on the eyes.
    Over-all, not too shabby. No doubt we will still get out moneys worth from this game!

Thats one thing that you will get with FM, value for money, steam users can see the amount of hours they have clocked up playing the game. I'm too embarrassed to say what my total is! :o:eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭spirit_77

Demo taking ages to download:mad: Can't wait to buy the game hopefully no bugs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Its safe to say that my evenings will be taken over by FM12. Had a few games and the UI is fantastic, **** load of detail, and very handy to navigate around, loving the tactics set up and transfers, huge step up from FM11.

So far no negatives and the game just oozes class, can't wait to get stuck into it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Spent ages downloading the demo and then it won't even load up on my Mac. I don't even get the application opening up, just nothing.

Hoorah.

Advertisement