Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Spent ages downloading the demo and then it won't even load up on my Mac. I don't even get the application opening up, just nothing.

Hoorah.

Same here. Don't bother ordering the game or buying it. If your graphics card isn't good enough than it's tough tits for us.

I have it ordered and can't seem to delete my order on CDWOW. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

To the guys on Mac's...

There is a problem running the game on certain versions of different OS's apparently...

What OS's/Version are ye running

Also, can you post a screenshot of the error message your getting?

busyliving wrote: »
    To the guys on Mac's...

There is a problem running the game on certain versions of different OS's apparently...

What OS's/Version are ye running

Also, can you post a screenshot of the error message your getting?

My screen shot is on the previous page.

Even on 10.6 and 10.7 this is happening, it appears to be how old your machine is and the graphics card specs.

These are my specs:

Intel GMA X3100:

Chipset Model: GMA X3100
    Type: Display
    Bus: Built-In
    VRAM (Total): 144 MB
    Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

mars bar wrote: »

Even on 10.6 and 10.7 this is happening, it appears to be how old your machine is and the graphics card specs.

These are my specs:

Intel GMA X3100:

Can I ask how old your Mac is? I've a Macbook Pro Mid 2010 edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

These are my specs:

Intel GMA X3100:

Right click on desktop > graphic properties > update

Or http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Marco85

theres problems with the demo alright. i cant enable 3d mode even though it works perfect on fm11. plenty of people with same problem on si forums. and plenty of people with mac problems as well. nothing ever goes to plan with this game,always a f**k up somewhere.

Marco85 wrote: »
    theres problems with the demo alright. i cant enable 3d mode even though it works perfect on fm11. plenty of people with same problem on si forums. and plenty of people with mac problems as well. nothing ever goes to plan with this game,always a f**k up somewhere.

A lot of the problems are occurring on Mac that are under spec and also the same can be said for a few of the PC issues

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Dempsey wrote: »
    I'm too embarrassed to say what my total is! :o:eek::pac:

G'wan, say!! #
    I don't know how many hours I've clocked on FM11, not as much as Fm10 I know that which is at 1112 hours from April to October :pac: I'd say about 500 hours 600 max!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I'm on 10.7.1 and I don't even get an error message. I have a GT330m card in the machine as well so it's not a specs thing. It just won't even load up the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I expected FM 12 to be better than FM 11, but tbh never expected that game engine will be 100X better than the previous versions. Game is just class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Same here. Don't bother ordering the game or buying it. If your graphics card isn't good enough than it's tough tits for us.

I have it ordered and can't seem to delete my order on CDWOW. :(

Hey Mars Bar - if you can't get it working, and can't cancel your order on CDWOW, i'd be interested in taking it off your hands.

Let me know if you'd be interested. I'm still hoping you can actually get it working on your mac.

These are my specs:

Intel GMA X3100:

Been told that your card should support the game...but there have been experiencing issues with the Intel cards on mac with this years addition

Have you updated your graphics card software\driver

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ding Dong

whats the 3d game like. much improvements?

SantryRed wrote: »
    Can I ask how old your Mac is? I've a Macbook Pro Mid 2010 edition.

It's a 3 year old Macbook.
    IvySlayer wrote: »
    Right click on desktop > graphic properties > update

Or http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

Don't have that right click option and the detect thing is not running correctly.
    I'm on 10.7.1 and I don't even get an error message. I have a GT330m card in the machine as well so it's not a specs thing. It just won't even load up the app.

Dunno what's up with yours so!
    Mr Velo wrote: »
    Hey Mars Bar - if you can't get it working, and can't cancel your order on CDWOW, i'd be interested in taking it off your hands.

Let me know if you'd be interested. I'm still hoping you can actually get it working on your mac.

Replied to your PM!
    Been told that your card should support the game...but there have been experiencing issues with the Intel cards on mac with this years addition

Have you updated your graphics card software\driver

I think I have. If I knew what I was looking for in the support section of the apple site, it'd be a help. The software update thing doesn't have anything about a graphics card update being needed....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Yakult wrote: »
    G'wan, say!! #
    I don't know how many hours I've clocked on FM11, not as much as Fm10 I know that which is at 1112 hours from April to October :pac: I'd say about 500 hours 600 max!

According to Steam

FM09 - 747
    FM10 - 1487
    FM11 - 2007

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

Haven't played a management game properly since CM 05/06. Can't wait to get my hands on this.

Pre-ordered it on Amazon and it said its being dispatched on the 20th i think. Would Amazon pre orders ever arrive early? I never order games online , so i haven't got a clue! And im living in france atm so i'm not sure how quick i'll get it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

even if you get it early you won't be able to play it till the 21 because of steam.the game does not become active until the 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Unfortunatly theres a few FM12 torrents going around atm :mad: ***** while we pay for the game fairly they get it for free :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

James__10 wrote: »
    Unfortunatly theres a few FM12 torrents going around atm :mad: ***** while we pay for the game fairly they get it for free :rolleyes:

I thought the fact that you had to register EVERY copy of FM12 with Steam this year - was going to get around the piracy issues (torrenting) etc?

Mr Velo wrote: »
    I thought the fact that you had to register EVERY copy of FM12 with Steam this year - was going to get around the piracy issues (torrenting) etc?

Suppose it has a modified .exe where the need verify the copy has been removed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Just bought the pre-release on Steam. When is the game released?

Just did a Google search, the only torrents I can find are ones for the DEMO

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Just did a Google search, the only torrents I can find are ones for the DEMO

Likewise and I searched a good few sites!
    The game is released earlier in Russia, at least it was last year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Yakult wrote: »
    Likewise and I searched a good few sites!
    The game is released earlier in Russia, at least it was last year!

I thought it was leaked in Russia last year ? and that why they are using steam this year to activate it on the 21st

Hope I don't get banned i'm merely just posting where he got it, he got it off isohunt. Tbh I don't see any point in downloading it as a torrent as you wouldn't be able to patch it or anything. pretty pointless

I got Norn Ireland to Euro 2012, I loaded the game using the English League and my squad selection is severly limited ie no David Healy and any other players who play outside England. When the full game is released would I be able to add additional leagues so I can choose players who are playing outside the UK?

I got Norn Ireland to Euro 2012, I loaded the game using the English League and my squad selection is severly limited ie no David Healy and any other players who play outside England. When the full game is released would I be able to add additional leagues so I can choose players who are playing outside the UK?

Yes, the demo comes with limited databases in their quickstarts

Hey lads know this is a long shot but do ye think game\gamestop would do a midnight opening like they do for FIFA for FM...

I've emailed both companies and haven't heard anything back

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭techyjon

Hi
    The FM2012 demo is supposed to be available to download via stream but it is saying that it isn't available in region. Has anyone been able to download it elsewhere? I have it pre-ordered but can't wait!

• Advertisement

techyjon wrote: »
    Hi
    The FM2012 demo is supposed to be available to download via stream but it is saying that it isn't available in region. Has anyone been able to download it elsewhere? I have it pre-ordered but can't wait!

First install steam and set up an account or sign in.

Second...Hold the windows key and press r

Paste the following into the run command box

steam://install/71280#

worked for me

Advertisement