Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭matty55

They have included some lower regional leagues for Ireland than they did last year, nice touch. You can put them in the game through the editor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Are A Championship sides still in it for the LOI Teams or is it Under19s?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

How are AI transfers in the game?
    Is the mls any good this year?-so much potential but terrible ai ruins it
    have they improved knowledge of league of ireland? some of the stats and stuff for loi players is crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Finally the demo update for the Mac is in. Hopefully this works!

I'm glad I'm not one of the mods over on the SI forum. The amount of idiots that are asking the same questions over and over when the answer is in the post above them is unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭matty55

I hear a lot of talk on other forums and on facebook that people are having problems with Steam and that the game keeps crashing the second time they start it. Anyone having those kind of problems?

Now have the demo working! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

not a fan of the new interface, is there anyway to set it that when you click on a players name it goes to the attributes screen like the last few year's version?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Bought it on game's site earleir for £28 I think it was. Gamestop Sligo wanted €45 for it. I told them it was €32 on their site but they still wanted €45 :confused:.

Not going to play it until I download all the kits, all the logos and all that. It doesn't fell right otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

For those who have played the game, Does it differ much from the demo? Press conferences changed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

Come on lads drag yerselves away from the game for a minute and give me some info. How good is it? Any bugs found yet? I'm waiting for amazon to deliver mine, I havent played since 2009 and am now about to relapse into the FM world

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Well, only played for a couple of hours and its pretty much the same as 2011, right down to 2 of my players being reported as injured a few inbox screens in!
    Except prettier, much better player info screen

Now of course, its going to be harder to buy wonderkids like neymar - release clause in the multi millions etc.
    So the fun's going to be finding the next batch

Pretty much the same dialogue for the transfers, press conferences etc.

At the moment, I'm pretty underwhelmed cos its hard to see whats changed that makes it worth getting a lick of paint job.

No doubt need to spend many many hours with it

Sorry for being negative - but thats how i see it - a lick of paint

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Well, only played for a couple of hours and its pretty much the same as 2011, right down to 2 of my players being reported as injured a few inbox screens in!
    Except prettier, much better player info screen

Now of course, its going to be harder to buy wonderkids like neymar - release clause in the multi millions etc.
    So the fun's going to be finding the next batch

Pretty much the same dialogue for the transfers, press conferences etc.

At the moment, I'm pretty underwhelmed cos its hard to see whats changed that makes it worth getting a lick of paint job.

No doubt need to spend many many hours with it

Sorry for being negative - but thats how i see it - a lick of paint

Often the case in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Liam O wrote: »
    not a fan of the new interface, is there anyway to set it that when you click on a players name it goes to the attributes screen like the last few year's version?

It's in the preferences somewhere. Under 'general' I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The player's attribute numbers were really small in the demo, have they made them any bigger?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Not sure, my eyes are getting sore after 6 hours

They should make the attributes circle more like the FM10 one. I can't tell whether players are good or bad or average with a quick glance anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

You mean the Octagon thingy? What was that like in FM10?

I like the new option in Preferences to let you customize the colours of different ranges of attributes. Very useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

Anyone got links for good graphics packs...kits, logos etc

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

busyliving wrote: »
    Anyone got links for good graphics packs...kits, logos etc

Cheers

You'll find everything you need here http://www.footballmanagerupdates.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Brian017

xtal191 wrote: »
    You'll find everything you need here http://www.footballmanagerupdates.com/

Do you know where to download the Real Competition Names fix as well? Had a quick look on that site but couldn't find it

I've hit the post a billiondy times and have had a load of injuries in the demo already.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭bedstuybosco

lads

i was just looking at game and it says you have to install via steam?

Can you not install it from the disc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

lads

i was just looking at game and it says you have to install via steam?

Can you not install it from the disc?

You install it via steam from the disk

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

Good lord, anyone else getting a crash dump error? Every year something crops up..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Completed over a season with Newcastle

I highly recommend central defender James Tompkins and versatile midfielder Jack Collison, both at West Ham

Wayne Bridge on loan from Man City and Daniel Sturridge on loan from Chelsea are great loans

Was in top four by Christmas but gradually fell away and finished seventh, decent :)

Try to pick up a few Man City rejects over the summer like Lescott, Adaboyer and Barry. Reasonable transfer fees but their wage demand are just ridiculous, I can't pay what they're asking
    Languishing in the reserves yet they want higher wages from me, gwanouttadat.

Wayne Bridge retired at the tender age of thirty one :confused:
    My captain Steven Taylor got a spinal injury and retired :(

Next season was in twelfth in November and QF of the League Cup
    Failed to win a game in six games but I was doing ok, hardly a disaster. My goal was top half of the table
    And I way under budget, lots of cash

***** sacked me :mad:
    Fooking Newcastle :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭roosterman71

mikemac wrote: »

***** sacked me :mad:
    Fooking Newcastle :mad:

So its fairly realistic then cos thats typical Newcastle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Brian017 wrote: »
    Do you know where to download the Real Competition Names fix as well? Had a quick look on that site but couldn't find it

http://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/addon/367/fm12-susie-real-names-for-clubs-competitions-and-awards-fix-beta-now-released

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Gah, I couldn't resist buying it.

Had to completely delete my Steam folder for it to work though, now I'll have to redownload all my games again :(

Advertisement