Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Forgot to check was the san marino league even in it just presumed it was,I just can't imagine doing it if your own league isn't available

It's not. There is a San Marino club that plays in Italy. Thats it. :D

It's something that I've always wanted to do, but never actually bothered to do. I have a San Marino save somewhere, but I didnt get very far before starting a different game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    It's not. There is a San Marino club that plays in Italy. Thats it. :D

It's something that I've always wanted to do, but never actually bothered to do. I have a San Marino save somewhere, but I didnt get very far before starting a different game.

Ya I might give it a go with that san marino club when i finish my current game.....but that won't be for a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

1000+ wow! I'm just starting my 7th season after 60hrs but I've had 4 promotions in 6 seasons so going pretty well :)
    Depends really how much of a challenge you want for the world cup,what team ranking would you be happy to take over? between what numbers like

I imagine the easiest way of doing that would be to take control of a san marino club as well,then try to nationalise a few foreigners while improving facilties at your club to try and bring through some youth

1000+ is nothing. Clocked more than 2000 on FM11 :eek:

Teams I'd be happy to take over would be in the range of rankings from 25-75 I suppose.

You can't just join a San Marino, league. There's just one club (afaik) that plays in the lower echelons of the Italian League. That's it. It's quite a popular challenge as you can imagine, as is the Andorra challenge. But after trying for so long and failing, I just gave up. It's nearly impossible unless you can actually dedicate yourself to it. I just didn't have the sufficient time, or patience.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    1000+ is nothing. Clocked more than 2000 on FM11 :eek:

Teams I'd be happy to take over would be in the range of rankings from 25-75 I suppose.

You can't just join a San Marino, league. There's just one club (afaik) that plays in the lower echelons of the Italian League. That's it. It's quite a popular challenge as you can imagine, as is the Andorra challenge. But after trying for so long and failing, I just gave up. It's nearly impossible unless you can actually dedicate yourself to it. I just didn't have the sufficient time, or patience.

Ya I wasn't aware of the lack of a san marino league.Is that what you did in the game? took over that 1 san marino club and then took the san marino job?

Ya I wasn't aware of the lack of a san marino league.Is that what you did in the game? took over that 1 san marino club and then took the san marino job?

Yup. It is tough but its a fan favorite for that very reason. Same goes for what I mentioned above, the Andorra challenge. Take control of an Andorran team and get Andorra to win the World Cup.

As someone who gets frustrated at a draw in FM, you can imagine how severely peeved I was at seeing defeat after defeat :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Starting to lose it with the game now. Was going well with Dag and Red in League 2 in my first season. Was hanging around 9th up until January and its all gone pear shaped. Cannot buy myself a win. Its draw-loss-draw-loss. Down to 18th now and I've tried new formations and new tactics but nothing works. The most frustrating thing is the teams inability to close out games. The opposition get so many poxy goals its unbelievable.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Have had it happen me too often its tough to pull out of a slump like that , Morale drops and ur ****ed basiclly

It can be tough to come out of slumps like that at times

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Is there anything to download to append player pictures/portraits aswell as Club crests?

Anyone had issues with achievements on steam?

I've got a good few but they arnt saving to my steam profile

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    Anyone had issues with achievements on steam?

I've got a good few but they arnt saving to my steam profile

Are you connected to Steam when you're playing i.e, not playing offline? If so, then achievements aren't registered when playing offline.

I've had issues with previous FM games not recognising achievements even when connected to Steam but not FM12. So far so good anyway.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Are you connected to Steam when you're playing i.e, not playing offline? If so, then achievements aren't registered when playing offline.

I've had issues with previous FM games not recognising achievements even when connected to Steam but not FM12. So far so good anyway.

Yeah I'm always online, but I thnk the problem was the net went down yesterday while playing and i didnt even notice.

When I reconnected it updated my achievements a few hours later :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Managing Man Utd last night and chasing City in the league, away to City and 1 nil up heading to injury time, Ashley Young turns around in their half and plays a pass straight to Aguero in Utd's half who breaks up the pitch through on goal and Badu has to haul him down, red card.

Thankfully City miss the free kick however keeper kicks it straight to Joe Hart who launches it back down ends up in my box where Vidic gives away a penalty, aguero scores match ends 1-1 all in the space of 60 seconds, Ashley Young on the transfer list much.

donalg1 wrote: »
    Managing Man Utd last night and chasing City in the league, away to City and 1 nil up heading to injury time, Ashley Young turns around in their half and plays a pass straight to Aguero in Utd's half who breaks up the pitch through on goal and Badu has to haul him down, red card.

Thankfully City miss the free kick however keeper kicks it straight to Joe Hart who launches it back down ends up in my box where Vidic gives away a penalty, aguero scores match ends 1-1 all in the space of 60 seconds, Ashley Young on the transfer list much.

Ashley Young always seems to be horrible in games even if his stats are good.I remember in Fifa 11 he was my best player for Aston Villa but he could never score and he was as weak as a dead twig.Cashed him in after 1 season.

Hes being doing well for me.

Top assists and a couple of goals too. My wingers are

Young
    Nani
    Valencia
    Marko Marin

All 4 perform well when used although Valencia is probably the weakest. Nani and Young start my big games with Marin playing in Europe and against weaker sides for the time being. He is developing nicely and turning into a quality winger.

I think with Young its very much about your tactic deployed, reading another forum there is mixed reviews. Guys that play more offensive tactics, Young does well, but anything other then that he seems to extra luggage.

Must post my formation up later, I'm romping away with the league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Mike Phelan keeps telling me Ashley is struggling to settle in to the team so maybe I just need to play him a bit more or interact with him, I find it hard to trust him now though.

Nani and Valencia are doing far better anyway, I play Park a bit too and he does ok. Just bought Kagawa and has played one match so far and had a rating of 8.5

TheDoc wrote: »
    Must post my formation up later, I'm romping away with the league

You're Man United. Anything other than a title push would be a massive failure. You should be expecting to win it really.

It's easy to do well as a top club. I played one season as Arsenal and won all four cups.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    You're Man United. Anything other than a title push would be a massive failure. You should be expecting to win it really.

It's easy to do well as a top club. I played one season as Arsenal and won all four cups.

Its just as easy to **** it up ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Serious problem here. I've been in the EPL for three seasons now with Southampton, and just qualified for the champions league for the first time. I can't sign anybody! I have 30 million to spend and nobody 4 stars or above will even enter contract negotiations. Really annoying as I have a decent enough team but just need one big name to really challenge for the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

I just got promoted with Southampton in my first season and the board give me an astonishing 1.2 million transfer budget and 400k a week wage budget (it was 450k a week). Since I've joined we've been losing about 2 million a month and now the finances are gone down the toilet. When I joined the balance was about 30 million and now its -7 million.

I started a Southampton save way back in October of last year and when I got promoted I was given 30+ million! Anyone else think that 12.2 update has made the game a lot harder?

No idea how I'm going to survive...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

you must have been going mad on the wages or something?

In my first season I got promoted in the playoffs and managed to win the FA cup which gave me prem and europa football for the next season, the board have been pretty generous since... Just finished my 4th season pipping chelsea to 4th place so Champions league football for me next year :) Also given ~45m transfer budget for the next season ( but will try and hold off on that as much as possible as the finances are close to 0 now)

definitely my most enjoyable save in a long time

*playing on most recent patch

No if anything I cut down. They were losing money the second I joined the club.

No if anything I cut down. They were losing money the second I joined the club.

Where does it say in your expenditure section of your finances that you're losing money?

Where does it say in your expenditure section of your finances that you're losing money?
    Wages, but if I cut down anymore then we would have had no decent players at the club, I'm hoping the premiership money will get us back on track and hopefully survive and get some decent transfers in.

400k a week? I was delighted when mine was upped to 80k a week :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Wages, but if I cut down anymore then we would have had no decent players at the club, I'm hoping the premiership money will get us back on track and hopefully survive and get some decent transfers in.

Yeah just make sure you keep well under budget and for the first season in the prem league ya can nearly survive just on free transfers and most of the team from the season before... And ship on any dead wood too :)

1st of January now and we've been excellent! Currently 11th in the league and with little money spent it's a great achievement. Our finances have improved greatly and the board have given me 17 million to spend now. Not sure I want to spend it as we're doing fine as it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Since going full time and winning the premiership Premier Division, I've been having losses in my finances every month. I was getting through a good few rounds in the Europa League so was getting far more prize money compared to getting knocked out in the first round of the Champions League. Obviously my wages were less when I was running full time and I've had to buy better players to try and go further in the Champions League. Hopefully I don't run out of juice first!

Losing money every month while doing the best you can is so demotivating haha. What annoys me is the sponsorship deals, surely a premier league club can get more than 300k a year for kit sponsorship!?

• Advertisement

Ive given up on finances now.Most of my biggest expenses are match-day expenses and loan repayments that I can't influence so the club is losing money hand over fist. Hopefully it'll get to a stage where we get taken over by a Sugardaddy and become the new QPR.

Advertisement