Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Only playing my PSG game in 4/5 blocks of games at a time as I've no time to really get into it. Anyway, going through January at the moment and I'm in the top 4, along with Marseilles, Lyon and Rennes all within 2/3 points of one another. Ask my board for a bit of money to help me make the push for the league and my 'oh so rich' board give me a measly £5million :( End up preparing for next season by signing forward Yaya Sanogo and young left back Jerome Roussillon on pre-contracts and also bringing in Gael Kakuta for £3 million.

Had I known top scorer in all comps with 21 goals, Kevin Gameiro would be ruled out for 4 months with a knee injury, I would have tried to sign another striker. Now I'm entering February with Guillaume Hoarau and the on loan Chamakh attack as my two strikers who, combined, have scored a total of 6 goals all season :eek:

1st is now but a pipe dream, and I'll probably get the sack at the end of the season for not delivering the title :(

Certainly for the 1st season, I now always get a few loaners in for injuries etc
    Yaya Sanogo is normally available very cheap on loan and you can sign him for free after a year. I let him go and RM snapped him up and now he is worth 15 mill.
    Other good loans are Danny Sturridge - always scores 15 goals a season and no fee just 50% wages from Chelsea - again if you wait you can get him on a free.

Other good loans are Nélson Oliveira , Gastón Ramírez, Ezequiel,Gabriel Silva, Adam Johnson, John Fleck and Rochina, Rubén (Cheaper to buy at 825k!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Certainly for the 1st season, I now always get a few loaners in for injuries etc
    Yaya Sanogo is normally available very cheap on loan and you can sign him for free after a year. I let him go and RM snapped him up and now he is worth 15 mill.
    Other good loans are Danny Sturridge - always scores 15 goals a season and no fee just 50% wages from Chelsea - again if you wait you can get him on a free.

Other good loans are Nélson Oliveira , Gastón Ramírez, Ezequiel,Gabriel Silva, Adam Johnson, John Fleck and Rochina, Rubén (Cheaper to buy at 825k!)

Thanks, but none of them, other than Sanogo of course, are French. Which my ultimate goal is to have an entire squad of French players. I've a nice shortlist drawn up, but if I'm getting 12-15 million in the summer, it's going to take a while to get them all. I have expensive and xenophobic taste :o :pac:

Thanks, but none of them, other than Sanogo of course, are French. Which my ultimate goal is to have an entire squad of French players. I've a nice shortlist drawn up, but if I'm getting 12-15 million in the summer, it's going to take a while to get them all. I have expensive and xenophobic taste :o :pac:

French eh?
    You def want Yohan Cayabe from Newcastle then. 7 goals, 15 assists and 5 MOM, average rating 7.64

Also, my best right back is Sebastian Corchia, average rating 7.42, 4 assists and 2 MOM

I suppose you have marvin martin, moussa sissoko, aly cissokho, sakho, and loic remy?

Yann Mvilla as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

For the future Aaron, Mbaye Niang seems to be ripping it up for my Liverpool Under 18's, gonna give him a run out with the 1st team soon enough just to see how he holds up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Four more days. Swore I was going to wait until my midterm starts (or at least Thursday evening as my last exam is Thursday morning) before starting my San Marino game. Being subbed to so many threads in this forum is making it very hard to resist! :(

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Four more days. Swore I was going to wait until my midterm starts (or at least Thursday evening as my last exam is Thursday morning) before starting my San Marino game. Being subbed to so many threads in this forum is making it very hard to resist! :(

I want to do that San Marino game, but I don't seem to be able to load whatever league, to get to manage the San Marino national team.

French eh?
    You def want Yohan Cayabe from Newcastle then. 7 goals, 15 assists and 5 MOM, average rating 7.64

Also, my best right back is Sebastian Corchia, average rating 7.42, 4 assists and 2 MOM

I suppose you have marvin martin, moussa sissoko, aly cissokho, sakho, and loic remy?

Yann Mvilla as well

Cabaye, Sissoko and M'Vila are all on my shortlist. Don't want/need Cissokho as I have my eye on the underrated Tremoulinas of Bordeaux. Have Sakho and Martin and the fans don't want Remy. Marseilles/PSG rivalry...
    Reganio 2 wrote: »
    For the future Aaron, Mbaye Niang seems to be ripping it up for my Liverpool Under 18's, gonna give him a run out with the 1st team soon enough just to see how he holds up.

Wanted, still want and was offered him. But the price was extortion in comparison to what my supposedly rich club can afford :o If I can get Caen to reduce the figure they're looking for, then he'd almost certainly be bought.

Current shortlist for first team players looks similar to this:

Ben Arfa - Newcastle
    Cabaye - Newcastle
    M'Vila - Rennes
    Rami - Valencia
    Corchia - Sochaux
    Tremoulinas - Bordeaux
    Griezmann - Sociedad
    Niang - Caen
    Sissoko - Toulouse
    Giroud - Montpellier
    Capoue - Toulouse
    Atila Turan - Beira Mar
    Fofana - Lyon

(The ones I really want)

plus others

I want to do that San Marino game, but I don't seem to be able to load whatever league, to get to manage the San Marino national team.
    You have to load all the players from San Marino. I'm not sure what exactly its under (and I'm not opening it! :pac:). Something like retain other players. You have to select San Marino from that before you can manage them otherwise they dont have enough players.

Wanted, still want and was offered him. But the price was extortion in comparison to what my supposedly rich club can afford :o If I can get Caen to reduce the figure they're looking for, then he'd almost certainly be bought.

Lenny Nangis is not too shabby either, 2nd top scorer and 2nd highest average rating for my under 18's (Niang has the 2 highest) so maybe have a look at him for a young winger, who is cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Cabaye, Sissoko and M'Vila are all on my shortlist. Don't want/need Cissokho as I have my eye on the underrated Tremoulinas of Bordeaux. Have Sakho and Martin and the fans don't want Remy. Marseilles/PSG rivalry...

Current shortlist for first team players looks similar to this:

Ben Arfa - Newcastle
    Cabaye - Newcastle
    M'Vila - Rennes
    Rami - Valencia
    Corchia - Sochaux
    Tremoulinas - Bordeaux
    Griezmann - Sociedad
    Niang - Caen
    Sissoko - Toulouse
    Giroud - Montpellier
    Capoue - Toulouse
    Atila Turan - Beira Mar
    Fofana - Lyon

(The ones I really want)

plus others

Yanga Mbiwa for Montpellier. Some man.

• Advertisement

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Yanga Mbiwa for Montpellier. Some man.

Have him :cool: Being kept out of the first team by the ever rock solid duo of Sakho and Lugano. Plays occasionally in RB or LB when I'm resting Biševac or Maxwell

Have him :cool: Being kept out of the first team by the ever rock solid duo of Sakho and Lugano. Plays occasionally in RB or LB when I'm resting Biševac or Maxwell

You have good taste sir!

You have good taste sir!

hmm-yes-quite.jpg

As do you kind sir

hmm-yes-quite-thumb.jpg

As do you kind sir

If I had a hat it would be tipped.

You have to load all the players from San Marino. I'm not sure what exactly its under (and I'm not opening it! :pac:). Something like retain other players. You have to select San Marino from that before you can manage them otherwise they dont have enough players.

Ah got it.. But can't seem to get the club job (I started as International manger) which is just annoying.

If I had a hat it would be tipped.

Best I can muster

1155639_o.gif

Lenny Nangis is not too shabby either, 2nd top scorer and 2nd highest average rating for my under 18's (Niang has the 2 highest) so maybe have a look at him for a young winger, who is cheaper.

Niang is insane - buy early or pay insane price if they will sell at all.

Toss up between him and Carlos Fierro as best bright young thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Is there an updated League of Ireland kits pack anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Took me eight years but got Cambridge Utd from BSP to the Premier league

But old habits die hard
    I spent years and years struggling with my wage budget and signing free players

Now I finally have a bit of cash and I find I'm very slow to spend it.

It would be easy to go out and spend ten million on three or four new additions but I'm not pulling the trigger
    And horrified to have players on big money that I'm not using.

Oh the chairman loves me and I've max rating over wage confidence over wage control

Curse my caution, I just enjoy finding free signings too much.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Took me eight years but got Cambridge Utd from BSP to the Premier league

But old habits die hard
    I spent years and years struggling with my wage budget and signing free players

Now I finally have a bit of cash and I find I'm very slow to spend it.

It would be easy to go out and spend ten million on three or four new additions but I'm not pulling the trigger
    And horrified to have players on big money that I'm not using.

Oh the chairman loves me and I've max rating over wage confidence over wage control

Curse my caution, I just enjoy finding free signings too much.

Keep the money. I think it'll go towards a new stadium should you get one. If you have a lot of cash lying around, it'll result in a smaller debt afterwards.

If however, you already got a new stadium, there isn't really much else you can use it for. Either watch your balance grow in case of a rainy day, or stop being such a tight arse! :pac:

• Advertisement

Keep the money. I think it'll go towards a new stadium should you get one. If you have a lot of cash lying around, it'll result in a smaller debt afterwards.

If however, you already got a new stadium, there isn't really much else you can use it for. Either watch your balance grow in case of a rainy day, or stop being such a tight arse! :pac:

You culd have fun and help out Portsmouth or Rangers

Just pay 20 million or so for one of their players.

I wonder if the game is smart enough to register this and help left them out of administration?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

the final is in 2035!! Look at the Man U team - looks like all regens!

And? :confused:

Yeah, I'm starting tomorrow evening, not waiting until Friday. Been thinking about it for a few days now but can only think so much until I see what the team is like. Driving me mad! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

have gotten off to an awful start with hamburg. after winning my first league match i have lost 4 on the bounce. having virtually no money to byu players at the start of the season wasnt helpful. need to get back to basics and sort tactics. any suggestions? my creative midfielders are not great and my strikers are average at best although i just signed darwin quintero who looks promising. defence is solid but need to get off this run asap!

have gotten off to an awful start with hamburg. after winning my first league match i have lost 4 on the bounce. having virtually no money to byu players at the start of the season wasnt helpful. need to get back to basics and sort tactics. any suggestions? my creative midfielders are not great and my strikers are average at best although i just signed darwin quintero who looks promising. defence is solid but need to get off this run asap!

2 strikers
    2 wingers
    2 Midfield (1 x attack, 1 x defend)
    4 defenders, one being a stopper
    2-2-2-4
    Play fluid\standard, shout get the ball forward

More expression, normal width and speed, counter attack, dont time waste, balls down both flanks or mixed

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭flanno_7hi

Ah got it.. But can't seem to get the club job (I started as International manger) which is just annoying.

Are San Marino Calcio not a non league team these days? I thought they dropped lower than Serie C2?

flanno_7hi wrote: »
    Are San Marino Calcio not a non league team these days? I thought they dropped lower than Serie C2?
    C2A in mine with a prediction of 6th. Started at the club but havent been able to get the International job yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,184 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

It was early January in my game last night. I had a pre-season friendly against Brugge and I don't pay much attention to the first 4 friendlies. I went on holiday for what I thought was a day, but turns out ''Go on holiday indefinitely'' was selected. Of course I left the PC to go watch the football last night and when I got back it was June :o.

/idiot

Wow, thats some sort of record, 2-0 up against Bolton and then BAM!

3 injuries inside 10 mins, 24 mins, 26mins and 38 mins!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Gotze is a animal in this game. They want 105m for him, got them down to 65.

Advertisement