Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us about your cycle Yesterday.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Did a loop from Glengarriff to the Priests leap from the Cork side. Enjoyed rain, hail and sun in my 2 hours out! Only 42k but a decent bit of climbing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Cold but pleasent 45km at an average of 30.5km. Summer is coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

First time without leg warmers :) Only standard commute though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Alek wrote: »
    First time without leg warmers :) Only standard commute though.

Hard core!

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Jocry

40km extended spin into work around Malahide, Swords, the airport and into town. What a lovely morning for it, so ready for the summer!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Attempted to cycle up athgoe Hill. Mistake. Think I'm still a bit green around the gills for it. Nearly made it, the last bit killed me and I had to pull in. Definitely pushed myself as hard as I could so happy with my effort. It'll act as a good yard stick for my progress. It's nice and close to me so it'll be satisfying when I can get to the top.

Threw in an extra 25 km for good measure after the failed Hill attempt to make the spin worth it. All in all a nice evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭surripere

Tough hill that, right nasty little ramp at the end. Good man, keep at it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,420 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Athgoe from any side is a b@stard of short nasty hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭jober

took extended route home yesterday

nangor rd - Newcastle, athgoe over kilteel to britas then over balnascorney to tallaght

godtabh wrote: »
    Cold but pleasent 45km at an average of 30.5km. Summer is coming!

Same route but 31kph. Back to the slog tomorrow with the wind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

no leg warmers, no arm warmers, no neck buff - lovely 50km today. still consider myself only relatively new to cycling having started last summer but 230km this week (nice to be on holidays). very pleased with self. avg around 24/25km.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,967 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Managed 251km today - my longest ride to date.

http://www.strava.com/activities/134128278

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

That's an impressive solo run. Well done!

I've managed to knock out 209.7 since Monday by extended commutin' but I am on target for the month.
    Most of it done on my Boardman (I think LPB would be chuffed that it has been well used. 1,900 ish km since January!)

Bleedin' Strava badges own me and next month looks a b_1_tch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Epic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

You've heard of Audax Ireland....

Quiet Man 300
    REK
    Inner Ring 200
    MF 1200
    Surf & Turf 300
    also one up Priest Leap...

Well done on spin have only gone longer twice. beautiful way to spend a day

• Registered Users Posts: 24,967 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

ford2600 wrote: »
    You've heard of Audax Ireland....
    Indeed - only did one so far - Ardattin 200.

(I do shiftwork and tend to work a lot of weekends which makes organised cycles difficult to do).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,928 ✭✭✭furiousox

Just back from a Drogheda-Naul-Stamullen-Julianstown-Bettystown-Drogheda spin.
    Was hard to stay upright at times around the Naul between the greasy road and the crosswind.
    Nearly lost it on a gritty corner, so was extra cautious after that.
    No PBs today :(

CPL 593H

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Very heavy crosswinds on the featherbeds this morning as well. Trying to stay on the right side of the road was a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

Figured the track was a lost cause, so stuck the knobbly tyres back on the cyclocross bike and headed to Phoenix Park. Great fun, but sadly felt like winter again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,748 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Very fast going west!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

60km with a decent amount of climbing involved. Really windy day. First enjoyable spin since getting to the Lake District.http://www.strava.com/activities/134339160

• Registered Users Posts: 9,380 ✭✭✭Shedite27

It was windy today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,481 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

just clocked up 20,000km on strava today with an easy 50km

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

45km today. Decent average speed of 27km/hr and managed it without a stop. Bit of a breeze out there which was ****e. My endurance is getting better, getting further into the cycle before I feel like collapsing. Yay.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

70 km from Navan Road - Leixlip - Maynooth - Dunboyne - Kilbride and a few km around the Phoenix park. Averaged 27.5 km/hr. I was expecting rain around 10 oclock but it got gradually nicer, a bit of a headwind at times and 30k-35 was a slog but grand thereafter

Nice 90km today. Stepaside, John Foxs, Enniskerry, Glencree, Sallygap,Largh, Roundwould, Enniskerry and home.

I wonder how many of those names I spelt right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

godtabh wrote: »
    Largh, Roundwould.

I wonder how many of those names I spelt right?

All but two I think. ;)

Quick 49k spin before LBL http://www.strava.com/activities/134690853

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭t'bear

Nice club spin (80k) with some hills. Got home and I am 20k off my Strava Specialized challenge. D'oh. Must resist not going back out.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Inspired by lusk doyle's training log, I went out today after a seven month kid-induced hiatus.

103km.

No legs but very very happy to be out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭LennoxR

Was going down the Sally Gap today towards Kilbride, saw a load of people going up it, many in Bray Wheelers gear. A marshal at the top said it was a sportive. Does anyone know what this was? Just curious.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement