Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us about your cycle Yesterday.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Great to see so many cyclists on the Military Road this morning including one Boardsie with An Post shorts. Came back from Laragh via the Old Long Hill which was much quieter then the main road and more sheltered than up on the Military Road. First venture into Wicklow this year after building up the mileage in NCD and Meath. Just short of 100k round trip from Glasnevin.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭zindicato

60 last week forgot to post and 113 today with 2 new guys first time for them to climb up sally gap and wicklow gap normally they just go up the viewing point and back down..... lots of babysitting time/ motivational talk time hehehehe but they made it in the end :-) and one of them is raring to go back again next weekend:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭DD Mikasa

72 km, predominantly around Howth. Did 5 and a half summits from various angles/approaches. Did the Tour de Foothills a few weeks back and had a bad day that day. Was grand up the hills today so reckon was just down with something that day. Just never had legs, but no issues today so pleased

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭purple cow

Navan Road - Rathfarnham - Sally Gap - Kilteel - Athgoe - Lucan. 82km. Avg 21.3kmh. Nice tailwind heading along Military Road to Sally Gap. The hill at Kilteel nearly killed me. 11% gradient for 1.1km

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

15k with 9year old daughter yesterday afternoon. Took in some pretty tough hills but she came through very well, if a little tired. We stopped at the top of each rise for her to get her breath back.
    The downhill was fun but I am having trouble getting her to descend in the drops - will come with time I suppose.
    Lovely evening for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

This was mine - http://www.strava.com/activities/134643071

Met some cyclists from Drogheda at the top of Tullyallen, just outside Slane. Would like to say thanks to them for the little kick up the bum I needed after I had gotten to the top and stopped for a breather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭dakar

Lots of firsts this morning.

My first 70k+ (73 all in @24kph), my first sustained 3 hours on the bike, my first spin in clipless pedals, my first grazed knee from falling off due to clipless pedals...

• Registered Users Posts: 21 2406r

Blackrock - rathfarnham-stocking lan-sally gap- laragh - wicklow gap-lacken-ballydonnell - ballysmuttan- manor kilbride- brittas - templeogue - blackrock - first day with no tights so toes were cold .. all in all it was grand after the first 120k or so

• Registered Users Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭secman

house-ballaygarrett-courtown-ballymoney-Tara-Arklow-Gorey-Ballycanew-Killenagh- house, A solo 68.5 km, got my average up another .5 km to 22.8 kmh. Hopefuly back to 25kmh + soon . Not a bad day after a gloomy morning. Head wind to Arklow, but sat up (sail effect) all the way back. A girl in SERC p.ssed pass me just coming out of Arklow, tried to go after her, caught her on the downwards. but got dropped on a few drags.... She headed straight into Gorey, thank God...... Enjoyed the chase......... long time since i chased anything !

Secman

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

1st time past Sally Gap.

D12 - Stocking Lane/Military Road - Sally Gap - Laragh - Glendalough - Roundwood - Sally Gap - Stocking Lane/Military Road - D12

95km with 1,500m @ 21

Mental note to self, take Lough Dan descent from Sally Gap and ascend from Laragh side. The climb by Lough Dan nearly did for me after 70kms in the legs.

Must give Wicklow Gap a pop some day soon.

According to RWGPS I need another 1,102m for 100,000m climbing. The things ye do to enjoy a beer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Just a quick spin after work. Was a bit tired but enjoyed it. http://www.strava.com/activities/135191960/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

Ok, so it's not today's ride but I did the full Liege-Bastogne-Liege sportive on Saturday. My hardest day on the bike ever, 292km and 4500m climbing for the day. It was great to have done it and watching the pros go past on Cote La Redoute the next day surrounded by cheering Belgians was certainly memorable, but I won't be riding it again.

http://www.strava.com/activities/135223333

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭surripere

Chapeau! Awesome ride

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Ok, so it's not today's ride but I did the full Liege-Bastogne-Liege sportive on Saturday. My hardest day on the bike ever, 292km and 4500m climbing for the day. It was great to have done it and watching the pros go past on Cote La Redoute the next day surrounded by cheering Belgians was certainly memorable, but I won't be riding it again.

http://www.strava.com/activities/135223333

well done mate, if your willing to write bit about it be great to hear about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

I cycled into work today.
    In reality that's all that happened, but in my head for the whole commute I was in heaven and thinking

I'M CYCLING TO WORK TODAY!!!!!

10 weeks of disc problems and all the pain and heartache that goes with inury has kept me off my bike for 2½ very long months, but not today - today I cycled to work in the sunshine.

And to celebrate I've just placed an offer on a bike I shouldn't really be buying.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

godtabh wrote: »
    Same route but 31kph. Back to the slog tomorrow with the wind!

31.7km/h this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Ok, so it's not today's ride but I did the full Liege-Bastogne-Liege sportive on Saturday.

Great, great stuff. Chapeau bas!

30kms yesterday, 23.1kph average, puncture five minutes from home and a walk of shame to finish the spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

20 km @ ~25 km/h yesterday testing new gear, tried the wall of asphalt near Ballincollig, got HR 180 bpm after 100m :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭dakar

This morning was supposed to be a gentle hour on the flat to stretch out the legs after my longest ever spin yesterday, but the sun was shining, the birds were singing and I had a rush of blood to the head and pointed myself at two of the steepest KOM's in my general vicinity... oops!

Anyway, I wasn't fast, but I made it up both of them and I have a baseline to work from for next time. Also the view from the summits made it worthwhile. Total 56k, 584m, 2.5hr. Onwards and upwards.

http://www.strava.com/activities/135407309

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 SMacX

Cycled in the Coast Road from Bray to Sir John Rogerson's Quay. Beautiful morning. :)

Hating my Samsung S4 MapMyRide tracking as it is not as accurate as my Catey V3n :(

Loving the hills, only way to get better is to suffer :)

Hating the ****wits who tried to kill me while being oblivious to the world :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,928 ✭✭✭furiousox

Drogheda-Baltray-Clogherhead-Castlebellingham-Dundalk-Ardee-Collon-Slane-Donore-Duleek-Drogheda.
    107km all in.
    Felt great until Ardee, rolling hills between Ardee and Slane took it out of me.
    Still, lovely day for it.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

furiousox wrote: »
    Drogheda-Baltray-Clogherhead-Castlebellingham-Dundalk-Ardee-Collon-Slane-Donore-Duleek-Drogheda.
    107km all in.
    Felt great until Ardee, rolling hills between Ardee and Slane took it out of me.

Nice spin, how was wind out by the seaside?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,928 ✭✭✭furiousox

Ok, only noticeable breeze all day was between Duleek & Drogheda :)

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Decided to push the pace on today and take it easy tomorrow. Ride got split into two for some unknown reason.
    Part 1
    Part 2

First evening ride of the year. 30km Drogheda laytown Duleek Drogheda. Perfect evening for it. Its great getting home from work and getting out on the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

70km this evening , first twelve and last twelve on my own . Pushing it on way home on my own came down heavy on stones. Limped home , knee badly cut wrist sprained and ego in tatters :)

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Felloffmebike

furiousox wrote: »
    107km all in.

Nice spin. Was on that Ardee to Slane stretch on Saturday in the wind. Serious piece of road in a headwind or crosswind. Seems like there are no flat sections at all.

Nice spin. Was on that Ardee to Slane stretch on Saturday in the wind. Serious piece of road in a headwind or crosswind. Seems like there are no flat sections at all.

But an utterly brilliant piece of road to cycle. Has everything hard climbs fast, descents and great scenery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Cycled the last 30km or so of the Dublin stage of the Giro. 65km cycle in total. Beautiful day for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement