Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Sounds like the Leitrim lad is going to be OK anyway. The ambulance station isn't that far from the stadium - it sounds like it took a long time to arrive though.

Fair to say Roscommon are the odds on favourites for Connacht based on that display?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Sounds like the Leitrim lad is going to be OK anyway. The ambulance station isn't that far from the stadium - it sounds like it took a long time to arrive though.

Fair to say Roscommon are the odds on favourites for Connacht based on that display?

Yes I'd imagine Roscommon would be strong favourites to retain their Connacht title,I have been led to believe they've a stronger squad than last year.

Good news if that Leitrim lad is likely to be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Good news on that Leitrim lad I hope. Well done to the u 21s.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭statto25

What happened that Leitrim lad last night? Was it a head injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

statto25 wrote: »
    What happened that Leitrim lad last night? Was it a head injury?

Neck i think. Clashed with his goalie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

I thought we didnt have too much intelligence in our play. The one piece of intelligence (Byrne to Hall) wasnt picked up on by management. Byrne was substituted before being tried upfront. A shame given there were plenty pacey runners on the pitch who have long experience of playing off Byrnes layoffs.
    Playing those kind of tactics like we did wont do much for improving the footballing intelligence of our players in the long term. Running in crowds and shooting from distance.
    Where was the kickpassing to a target man in the forward line? Quick passes to players on the burst?

Mayo team announced
    1. Robert Hennelly
    2. Tom Cunniffe
    3. Kevin Keane
    4. Keith Higgins
    5. Lee Keegan
    6. Colm Boyle
    7. Patrick Durcan
    8. Seamus O Shea
    9. Donal Vaughan
    10. Kevin McLoughlin
    11. Aidan O Shea
    12. Diarmuid O Connor
    13. Mark Donaldson
    14. Alan Freeman
    15. Jason Doherty

No Cillian O Connor

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glack

seligehgit wrote: »
    No Cillian O Connor
    Better to rest him now I think.

glack wrote: »
    Better to rest him now I think.

Very strong line up nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Folks, what is the story with tickets for games at McHale Park? After you buy one, can you then go where ever you want (stand, terrace etc) or do you have to decide before hand where you want to watch the game from and, that's where you have to stay for the entire game? Or can you move about freely from the stands to the terraces? Ta. COYBIB !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Folks, what is the story with tickets for games at McHale Park? After you buy one, can you then go where ever you want (stand, terrace etc) or do you have to decide before hand where you want to watch the game from and, that's where you have to stay for the entire game? Or can you move about freely from the stands to the terraces? Ta. COYBIB !!!

You can sit/stand wherever you like. Should be a good crowd in the stand tonight so get in there early to get a good seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Cheers. Leaving Dublin now. Should be a good one alright.

Unreal crowd. Let's hope another classic

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭sanbrafyffe

any one any links to watch game

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

any one any links to watch game

I wouldn't bother if I was you.

Chasing shadows mostly...:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Goals win games. We'll need about 5 at this stage. Badly beaten in the forwards

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭sanbrafyffe

do you know of a link

d
    padd b1975 wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother if I was you.

Chasing shadows mostly...:mad:

do you know of a link

d

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 umaguma

gettin hammered at the mo!!

thats mayo btw, not me!

• Advertisement

Mayo 0-6.
    Dublin 2-10. HT.

Kevin Mc, Boyle, Keegan, OConnor, Durcan all taking so much out of the ball with solos n backwards passing. Clearly this team has not worked on passing in to the two target men. Individualistic make the play up as you receive it stuff. Vaughan goin in to crowds.
    Nobody has passed well into the forwards bar Ronaldson.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Dublin deeply impressive here, could be far more ahead. I wouldn't dispair if I were Mayo, Dublin have to go all out and this is close to their best side. Still though parts of Mayo are strange. Nowhere near direct enough. Still can't understand why theye playing the gimp at midfield, he's not great in the air and his distribution is terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

Don't think it'll have any effect on the result but Mayo haven't got the rub of the green with the ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

A wake up call for the new management if there ever was one. Can't beat the Tyrone blanket or the all out attack approach from Dublin. 2015 does not look promising at this point.

Ref was fine, missed Mcmanamon double bounce for the goal but that was it. The Mayo Backs are shooting too much n holding up play. The middle eight similar. The shooting percentage return from numbers 2-12 in the league must be <25%.
    The backs have something like 20 attempts in the last 4 games without a score.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

That was some footballing lesson. Some dreadful play by Mayo vs some sparkling play by Dublin. Hope the management can learn, otherwise the future look bleak enough.

was only followin the match on twitter. any word of the attendance?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭wackokid

umaguma wrote: »

15,000 according to Setanta.
    Bring back Kevin McStay rapido as those two boys in charge now haven't a clue.. Hennely's kick outs would beat any team. What was he doing coming up the field to take a short free?.............real school yard stuff there.
    Vaughan would have been my 1st choice for an early shower. He is not improving at all and it's too late now.
    I had to turn down the sound on Setanta as McHale was giving me a headache. I hope the several Mayo players he castigated don't listen to what he was saying if they have the stomach to watch a replay of this shellacking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭statto25

umaguma wrote: »

Announced as just over 13000 at the game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement