Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Amprodude wrote: »
    Mayo will be beaten by about 8pts. I cant see Kerry being bad a second day out.

I have to say your consistant.
    stupidly consistant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Can we have a poll?
    Which would you prefer - Limerick with Lee Keegan or Croke Park without?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

limerick with Keegan

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

stupidly consistant.

As always, there always one on every forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

whats all the talk off duffy did he make the subs bench or whaaaaaaaaaaaat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

naughto wrote: »
    whats all the talk off duffy did he make the subs bench or whaaaaaaaaaaaat

I think he jacked after hearing "Andy Freeman" got the nod to start ahead of him!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

just seen a tweet from limerick gaa of the stadium. its a fine ground but not for a game of this magnitude. open on 3 sides. its just not a suitable venue. a real shame

ive money on Andy Freeman to be 1st goal scorer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

naughto wrote: »
    ive money on Andy Freeman to be 1st goal scorer

Unless Cillian O'Dillon gets in before him!! :D:D

As long as one of them gets one I'll be happy.
    I can't believe I am going to miss the game to morrow 1st game in yrs that I will not be at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

Ger Loughnane putting "petrified" ( as described by John Casey in yesterday's Examiner) Mayo fans fears at ease in todays Irish Daily Star

“My advice to the Mayo supporters making the trip to Limerick is to put out the Child of Prague tonight and pray that tomorrow is dry and calm.

“The Gaelic Grounds isn’t a place you’d wish to visit on a wet day with a stiff breeze blowing in from the Clare hills. Just picture playing on top of Croagh Patrick on a bad day.

“Not for the faint-hearted."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Seems to me like there's a strong possibility that Jason Gibbons may be dropped,or will Horan give him another opportunity to prove himself?Barry Moran or Tom Parsons to come in?Is Freezer under a bit of pressure?Would Horan be bold enough to throw Moran in at full forward to mix things up?Mitchels used him in a similar role in the club championship with mixed results.Hoping Richie Feeney is'nt left languishing on the bench tomorrow.
    Martin Carney suggested that Mayo might start Michael Conroy at full forward instead of Alan Freeman!My mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

[quote="seligehgit;91973269"
    Martin Carney suggested that Mayo might start Michael Conroy at full forward instead of Alan Freeman!My mind boggles.[/quote]

Whhhaaaaaat da funk?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

ColeTrain wrote: »
    True, what was the ref doing adding on 35 minutes of injury time

The sending off did change things and my prediction was looking right until Keegan got sent off. Then all that happened was Kerry sat on the fence and invited Mayo to attack. That won't happen tommorow, Kerry with JOD will bang in few goals and it's goodnight Rosie! Look forward to see how Mayo will handle the Kerry forward line.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

stupidly consistant.

Well consistency and history are going well for a certain team playing tomorrow. Hopefully the team I think off will have bottle and finally get over the line against the team with many All Ireland's to their name. Best of luck!

Amprodude wrote: »
    The sending off did change things and my prediction was looking right until Keegan got sent off. Then all that happened was Kerry sat on the fence and invited Mayo to attack. That won't happen tommorow, Kerry with JOD will bang in few goals and it's goodnight Rosie! Look forward to see how Mayo will handle the Kerry forward line.
    Your right it wouldn't mayo will not be as sh1te in the 1st as ther where last Sunday and I expect mayo to run at the Kerry defence right from the throw in like they did in the 2nd half.
    Big game needed from SOS today to help us get the job done

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Boys I've a spare season ticket for 103, send me a PM and I can meet you in Limerick. Hon the lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

There is an awful lot of manure talked in regard to bottle. This manure is usually spouted by people who were never good enough at anything to get them into a position where bottle was an important factor in deciding outcome. On forums,such as this one, I dont mind it very much because its mostly wind up banter or weak minded people "venting". When I encounter this in the real world though I find it depressing. There are a number of people I know who look down on the Mayo team as bottlers and losers because of the teams inability to win the big one. These people are of the Premier League shirt wearing variety who through their association with an English football club have won many many trophies. They may also attach themselves to Rory McIlory Phil Taylor or whatever bandwagon on a winning streak is rolling through town. It happens also in GAA where mostly obese men who couldnt kick a ball out of their way believe that the fortune of their county team renders them athletic and being a fan is a sport in itself.Its very common in Dublin.
    The whole Mayo set up will need bottle today but they have shown that they have that bottle by coming back after many heartbreaking defeats. Regardless of the result today this team have proved to be winners. They dug themselves out of many holes this summer when,after 4 years on the road, they could have been forgiven for downing shovels. It says something when even this great Dublin team has failed to put back to back AIs together Mayo their nearest rivals have travelled to the cusp 4 times in a row. The result this evening will not greatly effect my life or my self esteem but I hope for this amazing bunch of players that they get one more shot at an All Ireland final, thats the least they deserve. The respect of fat, ageing, never have been, saddo keyboard warriors?? Its all part of the package I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

ultrapercy wrote: »
    There is an awful lot of manure talked in regard to bottle. This manure is usually spouted by people who were never good enough at anything to get them into a position where bottle was an important factor in deciding outcome. On forums,such as this one, I dont mind it very much because its mostly wind up banter or weak minded people "venting". When I encounter this in the real world though I find it depressing. There are a number of people I know who look down on the Mayo team as bottlers and losers because of the teams inability to win the big one. These people are of the Premier League shirt wearing variety who through their association with an English football club have won many many trophies. They may also attach themselves to Rory McIlory Phil Taylor or whatever bandwagon on a winning streak is rolling through town. It happens also in GAA where mostly obese men who couldnt kick a ball out of their way believe that the fortune of their county team renders them athletic and being a fan is a sport in itself.Its very common in Dublin.
    The whole Mayo set up will need bottle today but they have shown that they have that bottle by coming back after many heartbreaking defeats. Regardless of the result today this team have proved to be winners. They dug themselves out of many holes this summer when,after 4 years on the road, they could have been forgiven for downing shovels. It says something when even this great Dublin team has failed to put back to back AIs together Mayo their nearest rivals have travelled to the cusp 4 times in a row. The result this evening will not greatly effect my life or my self esteem but I hope for this amazing bunch of players that they get one more shot at an All Ireland final, thats the least they deserve. The respect of fat, ageing, never have been, saddo keyboard warriors?? Its all part of the package I suppose.

You are the one venting, judging people, stereotyping and most of all talking manure. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

heard on the grapevine that traffic and parking is cat. Hope ye all get there safe and in time. am gutted that circumstance prevents me from being there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Here goes nuthin...

COC for Mayoman Of The Year!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Too easy for Mayo.

Neeson wrote: »
    Too easy for Mayo.

Still sticking with this?:P

Yes. They'll win in the end.

Excuse list:

The ref was poor.
    It wasn't Croke park.

Neeson wrote: »
    Yes. They'll win in the end.

Sadly not. But how could anyone predict the course of a mental game like that? I was gonna say something about the referee but that might come across as sour grapes...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Next year in Jerusalem!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

What a team we have, what heart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Fair play to Kerry. Thought the soft frees in injury time went Kerry's way.
    It really is time to bring on 2 referees as the inconsistencies are a joke.

Horan should now go. As he has stopped this team progressing from last year.

Also note that mad spectator came on and it took 5 to bring him off. Sign him up and out him in full back. I will say no more about James horan. A good manager but the cycle is now complete.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement