Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Someone must have said that to the ref at half time on sunday because he gave two yellows soon after for the same sort of slowing down tactical fouls the kerry forwards were at all during the first half

The referee would have had a chat with his umpires and linesman at half time, and would look at positive/negative aspects of his performance
    yop wrote: »
    I don't think Donaghy will start and I can Kerry keeping the team they named there. But when "star" comes on we will need to counteract that with a big man back, Caff isn't big or cute enough to "tackle" him.

Not just looking at stopping Donaghy, but more importantly the quality of ball coming into him. Moran's ball in the last day was perfect, cross field ball he could attack. Bigger pressure on the kicker would be needed

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Kerry_2008

Jesus, keegan deserved the red card by the letter of the law. In the spirit of the game he didn't. However what sort of a gobsh*te is the ref that he couldnt fill out the report properly. There was fouling going on on both sides. Get on with it. I think Mayo would be out of their minds to play Gavin Duffy for specifically countering Donaghy. In rugby because of the offside laws it you contest a high ball with your opponent head on. If he went in on Donaghy he would be jumoing from behind/in front / beside which is a total different skill set and Donaghy would ease him out of the way.

Most teams have shown, you dont jump with him you crowd him when hes on the way down.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

All the latest updates on parking and traffic restrictions including some very important road safety information.

mayoclub51.com/we-go-again-and-heres-how-to-get-there/

Of course we are also asking all Mayo supporters to bring flags and plenty of noise!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Can't see Duffy been used now tbh, but agree with Rebel_girl there, the supply is key, for the 2 good balls he got they came off the right handside of the pitch both from the 45, diagonal across to him. So Mayo lads have to be cute on that, that said they were out on their legs at that stage. Mr Feeney would have been full of energy to help prevent that, though lack of match practice now won't help him.
    GG is a tighter pitch so will give the lads a better chance to close down that option.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Kerry_2008 wrote: »
    Jesus, keegan deserved the red card by the letter of the law. In the spirit of the game he didn't. However what sort of a gobsh*te is the ref that he couldnt fill out the report properly.

He must have thought he saw contact. IMO the idiocy here likes in the rule that insists that a referee must distinguish correctly between two equally serious offences that are very easy to confuse in the heat of the moment or else the offender gets off scot free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭jonny d

The Mayo Senior Football Team take on Kerry this Saturday 30th August at 5.00p.m. at The Gaelic Grounds in the All-Ireland Senior Football Championship Semi-Final Replay.

1.) Robert Hennelly - Breaffy
    2.) Tom Cunniffe - Castlebar Mitchels
    3.) Ger Cafferkey - Ballina Stephenites
    4.) Keith Higgins - Ballyhaunis
    5.) Lee Keegan - Westport
    6.) Colm Boyle - Davitts
    7.) Donal Vaughan - Ballinrobe
    8.) Jason Gibbons - Ballintubber
    9.) Seamus O'Shea - Breaffy
    10.) Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore
    11.) Aidan O'Shea - Breaffy
    12.) Jason Doherty - Burrishoole
    13.) Cillian O'Connor - Ballintubber
    14.) Andy Freeman - Aghamore
    15.) Alan Dillon - Ballintubber​

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Kerry_2008 wrote: »
    Jesus, keegan deserved the red card by the letter of the law. In the spirit of the game he didn't. However what sort of a gobsh*te is the ref that he couldnt fill out the report properly. There was fouling going on on both sides. Get on with it. I think Mayo would be out of their minds to play Gavin Duffy for specifically countering Donaghy. In rugby because of the offside laws it you contest a high ball with your opponent head on. If he went in on Donaghy he would be jumoing from behind/in front / beside which is a total different skill set and Donaghy would ease him out of the way.
    Most teams have shown, you dont jump with him you crowd him when hes on the way down.

I hope mayo backs are reading this......:pac::pac:
    Not just looking at stopping Donaghy, but more importantly the quality of ball coming into him. Moran's ball in the last day was perfect, cross field ball he could attack. Bigger pressure on the kicker would be needed

There was a good lot of quality crossfield diagonal ball played in by kerry that done a lot of damage.
    I noted that the last day, maybe mayo forwards need to be a second or two quicker in their tackling to stop this.

Will it be on rte player so i can use hulu to watch live?

jonny d wrote: »
    The Mayo Senior Football Team take on Kerry this Saturday 30th August at 5.00p.m. at The Gaelic Grounds in the All-Ireland Senior Football Championship Semi-Final Replay.

1.) Robert Hennelly - Breaffy
    2.) Tom Cunniffe - Castlebar Mitchels
    3.) Ger Cafferkey - Ballina Stephenites
    4.) Keith Higgins - Ballyhaunis
    5.) Lee Keegan - Westport
    6.) Colm Boyle - Davitts
    7.) Donal Vaughan - Ballinrobe
    8.) Jason Gibbons - Ballintubber
    9.) Seamus O'Shea - Breaffy
    10.) Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore
    11.) Aidan O'Shea - Breaffy
    12.) Jason Doherty - Burrishoole
    13.) Cillian O'Connor - Ballintubber
    14.) Andy Freeman - Aghamore
    15.) Alan Dillon - Ballintubber​

Andy Freeman?? Was that deliberate I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

The conjoined surgery was a success then, opps i've said too much...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

ColeTrain wrote: »
    The conjoined surgery was a success then, opps i've said too much...

Yea, apparently the surgery was on Tuesday followed by a short period of intensive and rapid recuperation to be fully fit for Saturday! Which bits of each were used is a surprise! :):):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Well the guy on Sky was going on about the top Mayo forward Andy Dillon so apparently four-letter names beginning with A are now interchangeable...

I wonder what Gavin will make of this new fella "Andy Freeman" getting the nod to start ahead of him!! ;-)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Funny fkers :D

What time is everyone leaving at? I think we are going to head off at 12, if we can't get to Limerick for 5 then I'm afraid!!!
    The Athenry route looks as bad as the Clarinbridge route now!
    Athlone anyone.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

can anyone give me a definitive walking distance from train to ground? some people saying 20 mins others 45 !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

How are people finding it to get tickets??looking for one myself is there many floating around or is all hope lost

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

km79 wrote: »
    can anyone give me a definitive walking distance from train to ground? some people saying 20 mins others 45 !

I'm from Limerick, its about 25-30 minutes I would say.

yop wrote: »
    Funny fkers :D

What time is everyone leaving at? I think we are going to head off at 12, if we can't get to Limerick for 5 then I'm afraid!!!
    The Athenry route looks as bad as the Clarinbridge route now!
    Athlone anyone.... :D

Leaving at 10. Get there nice and early, park up and face her for home. Get a bite to eat, sample a few pints and soak up the atmosphere, much rather that than getting caught in a tail back.

How are people finding it to get tickets??looking for one myself is there many floating around or is all hope lost

There are tickets available over on our ticket swap forum if you want to have a look. If there are already gone you can leave a request for tickets.

mayoclub51.com/ticket-forum-share-sell-swap/

You can also leave a message on our facebook page.

km79 wrote: »

According to google maps the train station is 2.6KM from the Gaelic grounds and will take about 32 minutes walking. Of course that depends how fit you are!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

According to google maps the train station is 2.6KM from the Gaelic grounds and will take about 32 minutes walking. Of course that depends how fit you are!

yeah half an hour seems to be the consensus ! can't wait for tomorrow
    This is our year
    There I said it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Mayo will be beaten by about 8pts. I cant see Kerry being bad a second day out.

Amprodude wrote: »

There's no chance they'll be as bad as your prediction last week

I wont be too far out.

I wont be too far out.

I wont be too far out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I'm hoping that's some sort of reverse psychology anti-jinx approach ;-)

Re: tickets - got terrace tickets no bother late last night on tickets.ie

The trek from the station to the ground should be no more than 30 mins. Plenty of decent refuelling points enroute if needed

I wont be too far out.

You failed last week. Your prediction this week is now irrelevant!

First half was right.

First half was right.

• Advertisement

First half was right.

True, what was the ref doing adding on 35 minutes of injury time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement